GSE and the Owners; where do you stand?

Mostyn6

The GSE/Owners opinion poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have never liked the owners i throught that was clear to everyone but i back the lads and McClaren and not them. i think the sooner there gone the better the club will be.

Are you just discriminate? Or do you have genuine reasons for never liking people you haven't met, know nothing about and who have never done anything wrong personally to you?

I don't like the owners / board. I am not discriminating, unless it's against non Derby fans coming into my club to make money, f*cking it up and then downsizing the club to the extent that we're behind clubs with half our fan base.

Our board are doing well and they have ambition to get us promoted. I don't care if motive is skymoney or better opportunity to sell or whatever. I want us to get promoted too (eventhough I kind of love Championship).

And I guess most of the boardhaters haven't really undestood what FFP really means. Board has taken actions to make us stronger in the future (both financially and through personnel changes) and that's the most important thing. Future is looking bright and as a fan hope for better tomorrow is something I want to feel as much as possible.

I've been pro board all the time but I have to admit I was scared that we we're stucked with Clough (who I like very much, just didn't want him to be our manager for next 5 years) forever. I've got nothing to fear now though.

I don't like the owners / board. I am not discriminating, unless it's against non Derby fans coming into my club to make money, f*cking it up and then downsizing the club to the extent that we're behind clubs with half our fan base.

I think that while Clough was working with the budget and slowly building a group of players capable of challenging, the patience with the board was there. 

They've upped the ante now by their declaration of "moving to the next level" and fans expectation will also rise.

Without a genuine promotion challenge the board/owners will face a backlash like they've not experienced yet. And it will be directed at them, not the manager.

Still, i believe they understand that and they've gambled on it. **** or bust as they say!

So if someone is a Derby fan, they're allowed to do all of the above?

No Mostyn but they're less likely to and we'll know they have the club's best interest at heart.

Some boards come in who are not fans and have done well for clubs but I would worry how sustainable that is.

Our best periods have been under owners who've cared about the club, Longson, Pickering, LOG. I guess the exception was promotion under Ian Maxwell in 1987 but that eventually went wrong with Bob.

Archived