GSE and the Owners; where do you stand?

Mostyn6

The GSE/Owners opinion poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't like the owners / board. I am not discriminating, unless it's against non Derby fans coming into my club to make money, f*cking it up and then downsizing the club to the extent that we're behind clubs with half our fan base.

I don't see many clubs above us who get attendances of between 10 and 12 thousand.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Mostyn but they're less likely to and we'll know they have the club's best interest at heart.

Some boards come in who are not fans and have done well for clubs but I would worry how sustainable that is.

Our best periods have been under owners who've cared about the club, Longson, Pickering, LOG. I guess the exception was promotion under Ian Maxwell in 1987 but that eventually went wrong with Bob.

You've got a severe case of the "rose-tinted" there I'm afraid. Bizarre how you mention the consortium that 'cashed in' by selling to the current owners in a sentence about 'owners who've cared for the club'.

Sorry, I forgot to add, the best 'business men' make the best owners. Not the fans with their frivolous spending etc

You've got a severe case of the "rose-tinted" there I'm afraid. Bizarre how you mention the consortium that 'cashed in' by selling to the current owners in a sentence about 'owners who've cared for the club'.

Sorry, I forgot to add, the best 'business men' make the best owners. Not the fans with their frivolous spending etc

Longson - got rid of our best ever manager

Pickering - took us to the edge of bankruptcy which ended up with 3 Amigos buying us for £1

LOG - sold us to the owners you so despise

They all 'cared for the club' though. Probably the most blinkered post I have ever seen.

No Mostyn but they're less likely to and we'll know they have the club's best interest at heart.

Some boards come in who are not fans and have done well for clubs but I would worry how sustainable that is.

Our best periods have been under owners who've cared about the club, Longson, Pickering, LOG. I guess the exception was promotion under Ian Maxwell in 1987 but that eventually went wrong with Bob.

Based on the periods of success you have been happy with then, I assume you would be happy with the following scenario:-

Our owners run up lots of debts buying players and giving them huge contracts and then when we can no longer borrow any money they sell us to SISU for £1

Saying certain players were not for sale and then there gone. Also saying what ever nigel sold were his to spend and then next secound he is not allowed a single penny.

So which player was not for sale that has then been sold? As far as I'm concerned, GSE and Clough always said every player had his price.

Is this you just reading things wrong and making things up?

Also... the key is in your next sentence "whatever NIGEL sold..." which in itself says the decision to sell was Nigel's and not the owners. Not allowed a single penny? What an absolute load of rubbish you talk.

You do realise, people like you are what's cost Nigel his job. Giving your nonsense opinions on the owners. The truth is that Nigel signed over 60 players as manager, as well as the 30+ he inherited!

Sam Rush said something that was quite damning of Clough the other night, although he didn't mean it to be, when I asked him what his job was he said "... I need to make sure the investors money is spent more efficiently! If you went around the pubs of Derby, 95% of people would say they (the owners) need to spend money, yet they've spent £55million..so my job is to ensure something comes out of the other side..."

If you Nigel-apologists had been more realistic in whose to blame when something went wrong, instead of tweeting abuse to Brett Wilson, emailing abuse to Andy Appleby etc, then Nigel might still be in a job.

I wouldn't be happy getting abuse unfairly when I was losing money every year, whilst the bloke refusing to spend it wisely/properly was excused of blame.

So which player was not for sale that has then been sold? As far as I'm concerned, GSE and Clough always said every player had his price.

Is this you just reading things wrong and making things up?

Also... the key is in your next sentence "whatever NIGEL sold..." which in itself says the decision to sell was Nigel's and not the owners. Not allowed a single penny? What an absolute load of rubbish you talk.

You do realise, people like you are what's cost Nigel his job. Giving your nonsense opinions on the owners. The truth is that Nigel signed over 60 players as manager, as well as the 30+ he inherited!

Sam Rush said something that was quite damning of Clough the other night, although he didn't mean it to be, when I asked him what his job was he said "... I need to make sure the investors money is spent more efficiently! If you went around the pubs of Derby, 95% of people would say they (the owners) need to spend money, yet they've spent £55million..so my job is to ensure something comes out of the other side..."

If you Nigel-apologists had been more realistic in whose to blame when something went wrong, instead of tweeting abuse to Brett Wilson, emailing abuse to Andy Appleby etc, then Nigel might still be in a job.

I wouldn't be happy getting abuse unfairly when I was losing money every year, whilst the bloke refusing to spend it wisely/properly was excused of blame.

Don't expect an answer to your question any time soon.

Any time he is pulled up for talking nonsense he just disappears for a couple of days before re-appearing and re-posting the same rubbish.

Actulley mate commons shackall hulse but in matter of days they are gone. Also when england failed euro 2008 they prosimed they looking at players and turned out to be lies again. I do not belevie in anything they say.

Commons - offered a new contract but unsurprisingly chose somewhere with the offer of Champions League football and a much higher salary at a guess

Shackell - I thought it was common knowledge that the manager disliked him and decided to replace him with Keogh

Hulse - the club accepted a bid from Middlesbrough but the player did not want to leave. When he finally was moved on he went on to do nothing.

Please find me any quote where the club said none of these would be leaving and I will gladly apologise, otherwise I'm afraid I'm calling you out for constant bulls***ing.

The club has ALWAYS said every player has a price and any bids received will be judged on their merit.

I'm not even going to humour you by commenting on that second paragraph because it just doesn't even make any sense so would be a pointless exercise.

Commons - offered a new contract but unsurprisingly chose somewhere with the offer of Champions League football and a much higher salary at a guess

Shackell - I thought it was common knowledge that the manager disliked him and decided to replace him with Keogh

Hulse - the club accepted a bid from Middlesbrough but the player did not want to leave. When he finally was moved on he went on to do nothing.

Please find me any quote where the club said none of these would be leaving and I will gladly apologise, otherwise I'm afraid I'm calling you out for constant bulls***ing.

The club has ALWAYS said every player has a price and any bids received will be judged on their merit.

I'm not even going to humour you by commenting on that second paragraph because it just doesn't even make any sense so would be a pointless exercise.

The last paragraph does make sense. The club stated they were looking at players at Euro championships, might have been 2012 not 2008, and there were thread about it in here. Amazingly not one single player at those championship was better than we already had and not one mention of us actively looking at them was made anywhere other than by the club.

The last paragraph does make sense. The club stated they were looking at players at Euro championships, might have been 2012 not 2008, and there were thread about it in here. Amazingly not one single player at those championship was better than we already had and not one mention of us actively looking at them was made anywhere other than by the club.

Ok thanks for translating.

When you say 'the club' said they were looking at players, who actually made the comment?

I seem to remember it being Nigel Clough in the DET but I can't find the quote.

If that is correct how does it equate to the owners lying?!

Club source - we are looking

Any other source : no links to players

Someone not telling the truth - highly doubtful that there would be no players at an international tournament that would improve our squad.

Club source - we are looking

Any other source : no links to players

Someone not telling the truth - highly doubtful that there would be no players at an international tournament that would improve our squad.

I am sure that there would be many players at Euro 2012 that would have improved our squad, however, I am sure there would have been certain budgetary restraints.

Is it a fact that we inquired about nobody?

Also how does 'club source' translate into our owners being liars? Or are you suggesting that maybe Clough was a liar?

I am sure that there would be many players at Euro 2012 that would have improved our squad, however, I am sure there would have been certain budgetary restraints.

Is it a fact that we inquired about nobody?

Also how does 'club source' translate into our owners being liars? Or are you suggesting that maybe Clough was a liar?

I still hold that it was a club source and we don't know if it was a clough or Glick ( I think it was Glick) so no in not saying Clough is a liar

As such we know it came from the club from people representing the owners who did not deny said intention to look. Ergo they were happy with the statement made so they agree with it.

Archived