GSE and the Owners; where do you stand?

Mostyn6

The GSE/Owners opinion poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just getting into a bit of a daft debate on another forum where someone accused me of being blind to whatever it is (that I cannot see) that GSE and the Owners are doing to Derby County.

mostyn this is the only forum to be on. It's simply the best just like our owners !

I accept that they are here to make money and so will any future owner, that's football. Would I like X amount of million spent on players? of course I would but so would most of the leagues fans, greedy feckers the lot of you, who are we to tell people to spend their money on a club they support. 

Derby is still running and we're not about to go under or down so it's all good for me.

Would you like to expand on that post and let everyone hear what you know that they don't?

Can't be bothered tbh, too much to go into, but they have never convinced me, we've seen Fores**t and Leicester emerge as the top teams in the East Midlands under their watch, both spending much more on players and challenging for promotion several times, while this club has done nothing to shout about since relegation from the Prem/GSE's arrival.

I would be surprised if after 5 years of spending very little they will suddenly start splashing the cash, but at least the club is still in business, Yawn.

Can't be bothered tbh, too much to go into, but they have never convinced me, we've seen Fores**t and Leicester emerge as the top teams in the East Midlands under their watch, both spending much more on players and challenging for promotion several times, while this club has done nothing to shout about since relegation from the Prem/GSE's arrival.

I would be surprised if after 5 years of spending very little they will suddenly start splashing the cash, but at least the club is still in business, Yawn.

Spending very little? You must be a very rich man then, why don't you invest and show them how it's done?

'Forest and Leicester emerge as the top teams in the East Midlands' and finished 6 and 7 points ahead of us respectively (despite them 'spending much more on players')

Just noticed your post on another thread saying how much Sheff Utd have got to spend...have you been fooled by their new owners?

More like your arguement is weak.

You quickly forget the state the club was in when we got relegated, fat lazy players on even fatter pay cheques and they had to be shifted, Davies and Jewels ***** management meant that the owners got their fingers burnt and burnt badly.  They could have close the door on the sorry excuse we where back then, however they did not they tightened the belt got in Nigel to strip out the dead wood and rebuild, Nigel achieved that and the club is now stable.

You mention the other 2 East Midlands teams spending loads and what have they achieved?  You yawn at the club being in business? you would be excited if it went bust.

Both come a lot closer to getting in the Prem, and a memorable day out at Wembley.

And both ended up exactly the same as us...still in The Championship....except with a bigger dent in their bank balance.

Doesn't really explain how GSE have 'fooled us' as you said in your first post.

And both ended up exactly the same as us...still in The Championship....except with a bigger dent in their bank balance.

Doesn't really explain how GSE have 'fooled us' as you said in your first post.

Its only because Nigel is dignified and probably genuinely cares about the club that he won't dish the dirt. Any other manager would have spoken out against the tight handedness of the owners. Very rich ''Investors'' at that.

Both come a lot closer to getting in the Prem, and a memorable day out at Wembley.

I got close to shagging both Minogue sisters because I was on the same plane as them. Doesn't mean i could have untimatly achieved it.

I got close to finding the McRamFan Bosen, but some other geek called Higgs got there before me.

Close is as much use as missing completly, its failure. Unfortunatly like your arguements, they need to improve to stand up on here.

Its only because Nigel is dignified and probably genuinely cares about the club that he won't dish the dirt. Any other manager would have spoken out against the tight handedness of the owners. Very rich ''Investors'' at that.

What do you need Nigel to 'dish the dirt' about?

The money spent on signings is available for all to view in the accounts so they can't fool anyone over that.

Just because they are not lavishing the club with money for signings does not mean they are not heavily funding the club.

Archived