Player Dress Code

REDCAR

Player Dress Code  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quick question,

How do you feel when you wear a suit?

Apart from maybe being slightly uncomfortable, you look great and you feel great.

How do you feel when you wear a tracksuit?

You May be comfortable, but you look like ****, and you feel like ****!

Turning up to a home game in a suit makes perfect sense. It's a Big occasion, you feel on the ball and ready to go, it, in a way, could translate to the field, because you feel great!

Who's with me?! ....

Great.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a sign of setting a team ethos.

They all wear the same thing before a match - not just anything they chose to throw on. Not hap hazard, not training gear something out if the ordinary. Wear a suit, they are for special occasions / being paid to play football is special treat every game as special.

this is just a statement about standards. Something McClaren may have picked up from Man United. 

You're a footballer, earning elite money, a role-model or hero to many younger people, you can make an effort to be the best you could possibly be.

It was mentioned a few times by Simmo that they are instilling a professional, proud, winning mentality.

this is just a statement about standards. Something McClaren may have picked up from Man United. 

You're a footballer, earning elite money, a role-model or hero to many younger people, you can make an effort to be the best you could possibly be.

It was mentioned a few times by Simmo that they are instilling a professional, proud, winning mentality.

Exactly and I don't think it's some big authoritarian regime either, it's about pride and professionalism throughout. I'm sure the suits are just the tip of the iceberg.

(I sound like you! What have I become!?)

I think this is a good move. He is trying to Install a discipline into the team. I think one of his first comments about playing style was a lack of discipline. It seems to me that discipline is what he is tackling first.. In the army we were taught that discipline was installed at the lowest level to ensure that we had discipline at all times whilst at work. I always use to think why is Jamie ward wresting bty sons shorts? Discipline installs pride, and a mental toughness

I saw them going into the city ground on tv wearing those cheap tacky Kappa tracksuits. They looked a mess.

It's "professional" football so looking smart is a good thing in my opinion.

Lets be honest they would loom more professional in their birthday suits than in them Vicky Pollardesque monstrosities.

If I was a footballer I'd tell em to get stuffed...

I'd do an Iniesta.. Or what I do now... Just walk around in jeans and a white t-shirt

Iniesta <3

You would either get away with it or you would be dropped and/or transfer-listed.

If you get away with it, then you will have won a battle of wills with the manager - and that is the first step in the manager being Paul Jewell losing the respect of his players.

I'm not saying in this instance that imposing a dress code is a good thing or a bad thing (I have my opinion) - but defying it certainly isn't good whichever way you look at it.

Can we bring in a mandatory dress code for this website please? You all look like a bag of **** I'm afraid.

Too much diversity. Be like Royal family v Royle family

Ram On Toast = t-shirt and jeans

Mr Tibbs = can't see through the tinted Royce windows

Young Uttox Ram = shell suit? Rocking a silver chain

Abu Derby = silk robes. Rocking gold rings

Mrs Ram = Apron and rolling pin

LadyRam = elegant gown.

SteveBrummie = "alrooiite maite". In his Stone Island get up

Trekkie Ram = "greetings humans" in his oh I thought it was fancy dress klingon playset

More chance of finding neutral ground between sage and bris.

Lets be honest they would loom more professional in their birthday suits than in them Vicky Pollardesque monstrosities.

John Kay patented the flying shuttle in 1733, but it wasn't until Edmund Cartwright developed the power loom that the cotton industry really started to take off.

If it's good enough for Robin Van Persie and other Manchester United players to turn up in a suit, i'm sure it's good enough for Chris Martin at Derby County.

They should all wear suits.

Except for Buxton, he can only wear his birthday suit...

Archived