Player Dress Code

REDCAR

Player Dress Code  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be prepared to be slagged by the moderators for being negative. I do agree with your sentiments though.

Moderators are people too, y'know! ^_^ (I have no idea what that emoticon actually is, but it seems suitable)

Just because someone who happens to be a moderator criticises your post, it doesn't mean they're doing it 'as a moderator' and it doesn't mean their view represents anything other than their personal opinion.

Imagine if all people who were made moderators of forums were barred from actually posting anything other than 'mod business'... hmm, actually maybe don't - I don't want you to spoil your sheets :D

I'm surprised only two have voted for "Themed fancy dress". Maybe the option should have been "freestyle fancy dress".

Well, I put "themed" because surely if you're going for fancy dress, you want cohesion rather than footballers turning up in goodnessknowswhat?

Maybe I should add freestyle fancy dress then.

Nail on head.

Also, when you have a group of wealthy young men who in their private lives are probably used to getting their own way and doing more or less as they please, then  discipline becomes ever more important. Without some controlling influence and a few rules there may be a tendency to become too matey with the management.

The players are there to do a job of work, not to have a kickabout with their mates.

P.S. having just re-read the above, I claim the title of Pompous Old Fart of the Week. :p

I can see advantages and disadvantages, but as for actual 'impact' it will make in real terms is very little.

Putting a suit on, for most people makes them think professionally - it tends to add the feeling of 'a few extra curlies on your chest' and can see the state of mind being totally different than if you turn up with a pair of naff kappa joggers half way down your arse. 

I personally like the idea, just as I appreciated Eric Steele demanding players to go to each corner of the ground and applaud the fans.

Touch of class added. 

Nowt like arriving in a smart suit, so much better than bloody trackies. I agree about the ridiculous headphones too, embarrassingly big, imo they're not a good look.

Reminds me of when I used to wait outside the BBG players car park for autographs during the Jim Smith era and all the players turned up in suits. Always made me laugh when I saw McGrath pull up and it took him 20 minutes to get out his car (think old bloke in a disabled bay) then an hour or two later he'd be running around a football pitch. Legend!

Image is a great motivator, and intimidator.

When I played beach soccer, we played Portugal in a World Cup Qualifier in Benedorm. Us lads walked from our hotel in our track suits and flip flops, and the Portugese arrived in a massive luxury coach with Portugal Beach Soccer written down the sides. They emerged with Portugal suits on.

We lost 3-1. To be fair, they were better than us anyway, but their arrival alone sent the nerves going.

I think it's a good move.

Archived