Watford v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

Hey i post it as i see it mate i dont see us going backwards if seen my post early on i said if we win on saturday were only point behinde the top 6 and i think we shall be top3 by christmas

How do you know we'll only be 1 point behind?

What happens if 6th place Reading win too?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a great start for Maclaren.

Its how he deals with defeats that wil test him, hope he doesnt lose the plot like he did at Forest.

Also we need to get recruitment much better than it was a Forest; Boateng, Derbyshire, Miller Greening etc all rubbish.

Having Simo will help a lot I think.

Also thought the fullbacks were poor yesterday, Forsyth has been poor this season for me. Played well against Leeds but generally been one of our weak links. Smith is average at best, disappointed as he came with a big reputation! Not a patch on Brayford and no better than freeman. I'd play freeman, might as well develope our own player rather than spurs.

Hope Bennett keeps his head up yesterday, had a really off day and gave the ball away a lot. Big learning curve for the lad. Dawkins didn't impress me either!!

What's Jacobs got to do to get a game?

On the positive side grant was very solid, Keogh and bucko were good. Bryson and eustace ran midfield in spells, struggled for half hour in the second half espescially. Hughes was ok without being brilliant, Martin is a lot better when he stays on his feet!

Great win but still loads of room for improvement

I'll answer it Scarlet but I hope it's not a waste of my time writing it.

I don't actually mind McClaren, I'm just not convinced he's mentally strong enough, even yesterday, he looked like he was about to top himself at 2-2. I think he's going to lose the plot at some point.

I certainly don't see this football guru that everyone else is signing up to and it's frustrating as hell that people tell me yesterday was tactical genius and I'm wrong if I say otherwise.

We burgled it, we're brilliant at times going forward, I mean superb, we can cut team apart if they give us the ball. But we could do that before he got here as well.

I don't think this place is full of stupid people but it's becoming very frustrating for me that my views on football are being ignored and my views on McClaren exaggerated.

I've said already a few times that he's had a great start. I've not criticised him anywhere at all, ever. 

All you see is me trying to explain why I'm not buying this total transformation ********. We're not playing any better than we were 3 weeks ago, yet 80-90% of this place is fawning over major tactical genius decisions.

Now I can either sit quiet and roll along with the majority who've basically fallen head over heels with everything that's going on.

Or I can continue to post how I see it, exactly as I did for the last few years under Clough. 

How I saw it yesterday, we were under the cosh for most of the second half and we smashed and grabbed 3 points. We didin't play well but the result was massive. I bounced up and down when Sammon scored, more so because he got left out and replaced by a lad on loan.

I saw that Ben Smith is no better than Freeman and that he can be a liability, I saw Bryson run his nuts off, I saw Martin produce flashes of class and I saw him take a beating, whether they were all fouls or not, the lad has got balls of steel for putting his body in between the defender and the ball, non stop for 90 minutes. Brilliant. I saw Wardy get two goals and I love Wardy to bits. I saw Eustace have a real presence about him and I saw Bucko come on do what he's done all season, not let us down. I sw Will Hughes get the ball and I knew he was going to play Sammon in perfectly just like he did against Leeds last year. Pure class.

I'm not here to argue about the manager, I'm just here to talk about the football, it gets ignored by ****** who tell anyone who doesnt agree with them to bugger off back to burton? lol.

It's not my fault people want to drag an argument down to gutter level.

One of the noticeable differences in my opinion is that Hughes is having actaully receiving the ball a lot further forward down the pitch, where he can hurt teams, as opposed to collecting the ball from Keogh/Buxton 25 yards from his own goal and having to try and engineer something from there.

Very subtle changes like this can make such a difference to the way a team plays.

The fullbacks were the only let down.

We could have easily been 1-0 when Forsyth lost his man for their corner and it was headed just wide.

Not only did he lose his man he seemed to be pointing blame elsewhere. Nobody heard him though because he had a different post code he was that far away.

Smith was a six figure sum loan and he's not much better?

Watched the full 90 again. As always it's easier to make up your mind on players when you're not stressed.

Sammon was really, really good. The first player to start taking some control back. Very good and that miss was really his only error.

Forsyth did a suicide pass to Grant that I missed entirely somehow. Couple that with losing his man and leaving a free header barely 8 yards out in the opening mins from a set piece is really not good.

He was sloppy throughout the bad spell we had between 55mins and 80mins.

Dawkins looks like he might be decent. He only struggled as much as anyone else in the same spell. He had decent moments. He looked sharp in his first 10mins and seemed tired by the time we got back in the game.

Keogh and Bucko did well.

Was it his 4th league start? Not long turned 17?

Unfair to expect too much from the lad just yet!

Hmmm not sure. But last weeks matches for the U-19s and travelling to Eastern Europe will have taken it's toll on the lad.

It is nice we have players that can come in and do a job for us even james bailey. It does mean if will huges needs a rest we have players who can step in.

Have to say late in the Watford game I thought Hughes looked tired and wasn't all that involved, I was thinking take him off and get someone else on but the only option would've been Jacobs really. THankfully, Steve Mc didn't listen to me at all and Hughesy went on to set up the winning goal!

With Bailey, Coutts and Hendrick still out though, central midfield is lacking in cover at the moment a bit. I wonder Jacobs or Dawkins could do a similar job to Hughes if we did really need to rest him? Sounds as if we're trying to get Thorne in from the baggies so that would help provide cover

I was jumping round my living room like a 10 year old when we scored today...its been a long time since I did anything like that!

If you were jumping around your living room when we scored that suggests you were at home when we scored ?

All your other posts on this thread are comments about who played well, who tackled who , who headed what, no shots in the area etc - which suggests you were there ?

Out of interest did you go ?

If you were jumping around your living room when we scored that suggests you were at home when we scored ?

All your other posts on this thread are comments about who played well, who tackled who , who headed what, no shots in the area etc - which suggests you were there ?

Out of interest did you go ?

No, watched the live stream on the internet.

Ahhh -Brill - any chance you could let me know how to get the stream ?

Can it be got for all away games ?

Followed one of the links that JW_DCFC posted on the Watford v Derby Stream thread on DCFC Talk.

Think I used bestsportgo or something like that.

Not sure, first time I've used it.

Think it was only because we were one of the main games on Football League Show.

Archived