Shaun Barker

Scott129

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to see him playing for us again, but just can't see it.

Buxton's performances this season have been a level above anything Barker did for us when fit, IMO. It looks like he'll survive Keane and Whitbread being on loan, which I was convinced he wouldn't, specially if Nige came sniffing.

Keogh will not be dropped - simple as that.

He'd be a great option to have as cover, I'd be delighted with that, but I doubt he would be.

Could be another Steve Round. He's clearly an intelligent bloke with a footballer's brain, you can see that when he's on Sky. I'd imagine young players would love him.

I don't think he will either.

We may be too good for him now.

There's no need to go on his Twitter page and wind him up with it though

Agreed. That was a dick thing for anyone to do.

He has been out for almost two years, and he himself said he rehabilitation had not gone as well as expected. I doubt he will ever play again at any level.

That doesn't justify being a dick.

I feel for him. If anyone caught his interview on RD over Christmas he was saying he has to keep thinking positive that he will play again one day, that's whats keeping him going.

He was slso chuffed he'd got the treatment room back to himself cos he doesn't like to see his team mates injured.

I hope he comes back one day and gets at least some time on the pitch, just for his own wellbeing. He's not ready to write himself off yet, so I don't think anyone else should but I guess questions will be asked about returning given the seriousness of his injury and his age.

Last day of the season against Leeds, it's the 85th minute, we're 4-0 up, 1st place is in the bag. Then Barker comes on for Bucko for the biggest cheer of the season (Bucko because he'll have earn this standing ovation).

That's how it will happen...

Then his knee will completely implode in the 91st minute and he never plays again.

Like some of you, I have doubts that he'll play professionally again. But I won't hide the fact that I WILL cry if he ever plays for Derby again. I don't know why cos he was never my favourite player as such, but his endeavour and the fact he's still treated the club and his team-mates like he's grateful to be here, and the fact that I think lots of footballers should look at Barker and then take a long hard look at themselves.....

... I feel an emotional attachment to him.

It's a funny one this (not in a laughing way). We have shown tremendous loyalty to a player who, although I would love to play for us again but its likely will not and yet we have paid his wages for 2 years. Football can be very harsh and thats why money talks. I wonder what would have happened if Mr Clough wasn't in charge at the time?

Archived