England v Montenegro

froggg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think wouldn't you? But then again that's why we have attacking fullbacks.. Too bad Baines has spent all half cutting in instead of going on the outside..

On a side note, Gerrard is infuriating.. The simple pass is on, but he just delays to open his body and hope to play another hollywood pass.. He's too feckin slow. Carrick would play it faster and more simple

First two goals from crosses, hey presto

What the hell is Phil Jones natural position? He seems to be a step in for anybody. Must be frustrating for him that he's seen like that and doesn't get to stamp his authority on a position.

Man of all trades, master of none.

Jones is one of those players who is assumed to be good because he's at Man Utd.

The result flattered England.

Sturridge and welbeck were sloppy.

Not really surprised that rookies like townsend and lambert have looked comfortable when played.

This is a poor england team.

England 4-1 Montenegro

Gerrard fgs

I'd like to thank my mother and father for having sex. My manager/missus for making this prediction possible via ipad. Also I'd like to thank BT for my distinctly average internet connection and appalling customer service. Without them and their stupid contract I might have had a period of no internet. I'd also like to thank Montenegro for playing for a draw.

Thank you.

Jones is one of those players who is assumed to be good because he's at Man Utd.

He is propably one of worst passers and one of the best man markers in Premier League.

Can't really understand what he is doing in top four nine team.

The result flattered England.

Sturridge and welbeck were sloppy.

Not really surprised that rookies like townsend and lambert have looked comfortable when played.

This is a poor england team.

Agree we were not that great and Sturridge was poor.

Maybe Lambert shoudl be in against Poland? They said Sturridge and Rooney looed sharp together in training but Sturridge hasnt played often for England even if he is on fire for Liverpool.

Like the look of Townsend tho

Cant beleive we only managed to win 4 1, really our forwards only managed a goal each. We only had 22 shots and 14 corners all game, and we got outplayed at times.

compare that to spain who stuffed the mighty Belarus, what were we playing at

I may be in a minority but I think it is the 'established' stars who hold England back. Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard have all been in losing sides in tournaments and I don't think you could say any of those have improved since. Give the likes of Townsend, Sturridge and co a good run in the side and take on the opposition with pace.

We also need better passers of the ball in the team. It's amazing how often Rooney and Gerrard in particular lose the ball.

I may be in a minority but I think it is the 'established' stars who hold England back. Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard have all been in losing sides in tournaments and I don't think you could say any of those have improved since. Give the likes of Townsend, Sturridge and co a good run in the side and take on the opposition with pace.

We also need better passers of the ball in the team. It's amazing how often Rooney and Gerrard in particular lose the ball.

I don't buy into the hype of around any of these "up and coming" stars, they're not world class. I don't think the rest of the world is talking about any of them.

Agree Re. Gerrard losing the ball far too much. 6+ times a game sometimes, just too much at that level IMO.

The thing about these 'up and coming' players is they haven't got the fear of losing engrained into them yet. The longer that continues, the more chance they have of becoming 'world class'.

Archived