How different it feels.

Mostyn6

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blind faither term is derogatory as is wrist slasher. Can't we just move on you know I wasn't for keeping Clough but I do see that he did a lot of good work at Derby County. Wish we could be friends lol

I moved on 8 days ago.

I'm backing McClaren 100% because he is Derby's manager..erm…I mean Head Coach

My point was that I found some people's reactions a bit much after one win against a team that I am convinced we would have beaten whether the manager was Clough or McClaren.

I think Mostyn is just having a bit of fun with us, after several years of anti-Clough rage, he's now going the other way; I think they call it bi-polar

We all know he normally waits 15 games before making his mind up.

I'm backing McClaren 100% because he is Derby's manager..erm…I mean Head Coach

My point was that I found some people's reactions a bit much after one win against a team that I am convinced we would have beaten whether the manager was Clough or McClaren.

I think Mostyn is just having a bit of fun with us, after several years of anti-Clough rage, he's now going the other way; I think they call it bi-polar

We all know he normally waits 15 games before making his mind up.

You trying to be a WUM?

I'm not having a bit of fun. I'm genuinely sitting here gutted that there's an international break, where I'm still uninspired and lacking excitement, as I was as a Derby supporter only a few weeks ago! I've never had rage, in fact, I always maintained a calm and relaxed attitude when discussing my lack of faith and my desire to see Nigel Clough address his problems. I was never anti-Clough either, so nice try :D

Listen now, and listen good

We attempted to tell him face to face, we called him in for a meeting.

Nigel Clough decided he didn't want to attend this meeting and requested we give him the news there and then over the phone.

If you're losing respect and holding grudges against people for it being done over the phone, then you're barking up the wrong tree.

Listen now, and listen good.

There is a chance B4 missed that particular bit if info regarding that 'alleged' phone call.

Ease up a bit. Nobody on here knows every detail of that conversation anyway, but fwiw I don't even think a call should have been made at all. If Nigel didn't want to go in, fair enough. It should have waited for Monday morning.

But thinking about it, it couldn't wait could it, cos Rush wanted SM in Cloughie's chair before the bugger got cold.

But anyway, please ease up a bit.

anyone at this stage who is not behind McClaren and new coaches is FAR FAR worse than anyone who was not behind Clough after 4 years!

I was never anti-Clough, I was pro-Derby. Clough had as much time as it took me to lose faith, but to start with, I was very optimistic that Pearson had pulled off a masterstroke!

Anyone who was behind Clough but isn't behind McClaren is not a true Derby fan to me, and it backs my theory that they were behind the romance of the name Clough over the belief in his ability.

I don't think anyone is not behind McClaren. Some have stated they may not have faith that he's the right man to take us forward but that is absolutely no different to your stance on Clough!

I totally appreciate its hard to differentiate between some of the view points at times but I think you would struggle to find anyone hoping that we do badly under McClaren just so they can be proved right (sadly the same cannot be said for a minority of posters when considering the last couple of years under Clough but that's old ground!)

With regards to your original post, I agree there's a general air of good feeling around the place at the moment, the general consensus would be pleased with the start under McClaren and be optimistic for the future. However, that's exactly how most people felt in the first few months under Nigel too, so don't get too carried away, it's still very early days and I think some fans are right to be cautious given McClaren's most recent managerial posts. I am not suggesting he's not got it in him in terms of coaching etc but I sense there may be a little difference of opinion brewing about the Director of Football role but I hope that fizzles out and we can move forward.

For what it's worth I think that McClaren will do a good job here, he's not really got many excuses for not being able to push on in my opinion. The set-up is excellent, the players are committed and talented and with a few tweaks here and there, particularly in defense and creating more diverse game-plans, I think we're in an excellent position to be looking up the table over the next few months.

I would like to think the rhetoric of continuing to build on the existing foundations and not going too hard, too soon is the genuine strategy and we're not setting ourselves up for wholesale changes within the next year. I think that would undermine 5 years of solid development that no-one really wants to go through again!

Overall, I think McClaren has the goodwill of the vast majority of fans, there is a sense of excitement about the place and lets hope that this can be molded into a consistent push for the top 6, this year or next.

With all due respect every time we win someone claims the opposition were poor. Couldn't it just be we were quite good and as such made them "poor". For what it's worth I don't think Leeds were particularly bad I thought they had decent spells and played some decent football with some decent chances.

Very interesting that Leeds thought we were very good.

+1 ,I though Leeds hung on to possession quite well and moved the ball around .Sure the possession stats came out in their favour in the media.

+1 ,I though Leeds hung on to possession quite well and moved the ball around .Sure the possession stats came out in their favour in the media.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the stats would indicate our lowest share of possession this season - but that would be because of the emphasis on moving the ball forward. I seem to recall that there were several through balls where Leeds just about scraped a boot to the ball - if a couple move of those had got through, then we could have been looking at a far more emphatic win.

I don't mind that approach.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the stats would indicate our lowest share of possession this season - but that would be because of the emphasis on moving the ball forward. I seem to recall that there were several through balls where Leeds just about scraped a boot to the ball - if a couple move of those had got through, then we could have been looking at a far more emphatic win.

I don't mind that approach.

that cut back that nearly got to Bryson and their CB (Pearce?) stuck a foot out... that would've been a cracking goal when already two up! I made a right weird noise when that was intercepted. The lad next to me asked if I was having an orgasm, and I said nearly, but he got a foot to it.

You trying to be a WUM?

I'm not having a bit of fun. I'm genuinely sitting here gutted that there's an international break, where I'm still uninspired and lacking excitement, as I was as a Derby supporter only a few weeks ago! I've never had rage, in fact, I always maintained a calm and relaxed attitude when discussing my lack of faith and my desire to see Nigel Clough address his problems. I was never anti-Clough either, so nice try :D

OK I admit a slight element of WUMMERY but come on..you were never Anti-Clough?? Blimey I'd hate to have seen your posts if you WERE anti-clough! Ha :)

After last two games I got to say I'm getting more optimistic about our future. We can move the ball well and I believe we got a decent staff for going forward. Reading McClarens comments about our board in Derby Telegraph didn't sound so promising though.

It was an exciting start on Saturday but, as many others have said, we’ve already proved we can play very good football against the poorer teams in this division and win comfortably. It’s also been pointed out that Leeds really didn’t do their homework. They might have done better if they’d stopped trying to play football and had just shut up shop.

This season we do have a better squad. I thought we could make 8-10th with a bit of luck. So, looking at the next four matches I’d have expected us to maybe win two and lose two. It’ll be really interesting to see if there’s any evidence of a ‘Mac effect’ when we play Watford and QPR.

Over the rest of the season we do need to become more solid and consistent at the back. We also need to become more effective against better defences – especially against good teams that just sit back at PP and do us on the break.

So, by the end of this season, I’ll be looking for some evidence that SM has done a better job than NC with the same resources when up against better, or even just better organised, teams. I think a serious challenge for top 6 and a final finish anywhere in the top 8 would be evidence of that.

However, if SM fails to achieve SR’s target then I’ll not be calling for his head. Let’s hope SR doesn’t either.

that cut back that nearly got to Bryson and their CB (Pearce?) stuck a foot out... that would've been a cracking goal when already two up! I made a right weird noise when that was intercepted. The lad next to me asked if I was having an orgasm, and I said nearly, but he got a foot to it.

Just a couple of fingers at the base is usually sufficient, but whatever turns you on off.

Call me a negative fecker but I'd still like to wait a while before getting carried away..

I've said many times before that I try and look at Derby from a footballing perspective (in other words a fan of football with a clear head thinking of a realistic approach).. So it's pretty wild to suggest we're something completely different to what we were a few weeks ago..

I'd say a good 75% of all new managers have some sort of honeymoon period.. Even Clough did after his inital 0-2 home loss to QPR.. I think I'm right in saying we beat Forest twice in one month aswell as other solid wins (In february time).. Before finishing the season with a whimper.. Which then we followed up with an average season.

I really don't understand why people judge managers on one game though.. For example, the 'I'm not convinced by McClaren but if we beat Watford away it might change my mind' stance.. We could beat Watford away and then lose the next 3 on the spin..

It's going to take a while before McClaren has any actual effect on the teams style of play.. All he can do now is give them confidence or belief to do what they've already been told.. For now and the next few weeks it'll be little tweaks. I don't think our results over the next few weeks will be any different to what we'd have gotten under Clough.. It's not like our players were shot of confidence 2 weeks ago.

I didn't say I'd change my mind if we beat Watford. It's that kind of twisitng which eventually leads to someone coming on and saying I'm anti Mac.

I said I might start warming to him if we beat Watford and he gets a grip of himself fashion wise and starts speaking in proper language and not just a series of cliches.

He's got a long way to in my eyes, Ipswich and Leeds is two points dropped, not 4 points gained.

I didn't say I'd change my mind if we beat Watford. It's that kind of twisitng which eventually leads to someone coming on and saying I'm anti Mac.

I said I might start warming to him if we beat Watford and he gets a grip of himself fashion wise and starts speaking in proper language and not just a series of cliches.

He's got a long way to in my eyes, Ipswich and Leeds is two points dropped, not 4 points gained.

I also never said you'd change your mind :p

Archived