Realistic Expectation?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! You're the bad guy! You can't start dropping funny stuff at the end of your posts! You'll make friends fool!

Harsh as it sounds I think a record of W17 D10 L10 is a reasonable expectation. He's here to be better than Nigel. Not match him.

If he gets near on 60pts that'll do nicely. But if we are way off that target then it'll be coming around to Nigel's area.

The most important thing is that our season lasts until the end. It's been crushing having it end too early. That would keep me happy too.

Are you back for a bit buddy? Good to see you posting.

Just for this week I think buddy.. I've got a busy schedule you know, perving on all these beautiful Mexican ladies walking down the street.. They keep me away from my computer!

On a serious note, that's a pretty demanding set of results.. He's here to do better than NC, I 100% agree. But it's so strange for all these people who were so relaxed and patient with Clough to all of a sudden be demanding a playoff spot within 8 months..

I think it's beyond us already. I don't think our group of players are good enough to win every other game. Although there are alot of weak teams in this league, another top 10 finish isn't unreasonable.

Seen many posts saying that top 6 is now a minimum for this season, or at least a top 8 spot.. I think that's a pretty wild suggestion don't you think?

On a side note... I'm slightly disappointed we didn't go for Sean Dyche. He did ok at Watford and has Burnley flying..

Under Clough I would say 8th.

Under McLaren I will say 17th.

All this talk of Sean Dyche. Why would he have come to a club with a board willing to give him diddly squat when he's with a club at least as big as Derby with at least as much financial clout?

The reason we didn't go for him is possibly because Rush knows what the answer would have been.

All this talk of Sean Dyche. Why would he have come to a club with a board willing to give him diddly squat when he's with a club at least as big as Derby with at least as much financial clout?

The reason we didn't go for him is possibly because Rush knows what the answer would have been.

It was a joke buddy.. I think you must have missed the thread.

The Dyche talk is a pee take of a new poster (?) posted 5 times in a minute

What about Sean Dyche did ok at Watford and has Burnley flying

8th! with this lot,under Clough!you can tell you never watch us.The defence is non-existent,we have 2million

quidsworth of strikers who cant buy a goal between them,the midfield is average at best.

Just for this week I think buddy.. I've got a busy schedule you know, perving on all these beautiful Mexican ladies walking down the street.. They keep me away from my computer!

On a serious note, that's a pretty demanding set of results.. He's here to do better than NC, I 100% agree. But it's so strange for all these people who were so relaxed and patient with Clough to all of a sudden be demanding a playoff spot within 8 months..

I think it's beyond us already. I don't think our group of players are good enough to win every other game. Although there are alot of weak teams in this league, another top 10 finish isn't unreasonable.

It is a lot to ask for but he's got to get near that really. He's got a great opportunity to grab some points through December.

But if you can instantly see how he wants his teams to play and there's promise then that could excite me for next season. I don't mind looking back on the season saying "we lost it at the start. With McClarens record we would have made it if he'd been here since the start". That would be pretty pleasing to be able to say that.

Nice football. No 442 survival mode. And a game that means something in March!! Not looking up at the Play Offs thinking 'we only need to win 8 of the remaining 12' or whatever.

It's a big ask. It is harsh. But with Nigel gone perhaps its time some of us gave up on football romance. I include myself in that. Whether its Chairman or money or just ability football doesn't follow the script.

Top 10. Show us he can get more from this set of players, (which I think is a good squad, more than capable of top 10), than Nige could which earns him not only time but £££ to spend and shape the squad to how he wants it.

The Defence has to be SMs priority, its not even close to being good enough.

As long as he's looking to play progressive attacking football then I'd give him the summer (bearing in mind we stay up) to perhaps juggle the squad abit and all of next season and assess then.

If he plays survival hoofball then I'd probably still give him the summer and up until Christmas (unless we genuinely look like we could go down) to see if his hoofball wields results similar to Billy Davies..

I think people overrate our squad.. Our midfield is solid, but elsewhere we are average.. Especially in defence.

I expect team selection to be shaken up with a fresh look at what's available in the squad. Be interesting to see what becomes of fringe players, such as Jacobs and Davies. Wow, imagine team personnel and shape changing dynamically within the 90 minutes. Imagine reacting to going behind and chasing a result, instead of goal difference damage limitation. That's my minimum expectation until January, a fresh approach to how to win a game.

Beyond that, let's see how he builds and develops his team. As long as I perceive a better approach, he has a pass from me this season. Barring relegation of course, that's not cool.

Archived