Realistic Expectation?

Bris Vegas

I agree that we've moved on a couple of levels. I think we started the season playing better football and I thought we were a couple of players away from being a top 6 team. 

Wisdom is now our best defender, who has replaced our worst defender. Cisse and Dawkins coming in now means our quality barely drops when we have injuries in their positions.  

My expectations are now 4t to 8th rather than the 6th to 10th I had 2 months ago. Which might not sound much, but it feels different,

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness buddy you stated you had been away and not seen it..

You can have some plaudits too

Taking a read of a few comments back in September makes you wonder doesn't it? Some said that we'd really struggle and that our squad is one of a bottom 8 standard

We'll lets not count our chickens just yet. A statement in contrast to my earlier post of sheer optimism. We have started really well under the new team I just hope there's not a bubble bursting moment and this continues. Sure, I can't see us "really struggling" but can we really continue this sort of form? I'd love it if we could. Seems our promotion seasons are always the result of a long patch of great form rather than a full season of good form, if that makes sense. Maybe this is one of them?

Anyway I'm more just replying now to keep my version of the thread near the top whilst purposely not replying to your one so it drops down the list. It's the kind of selfish self-promoting person I am.

That W17 D9 L10 has now turned into W12 D8 L9 to get into the play-offs, assuming the original total required estimate was valid.

Encouraging.

All about one game at a time at the minute, keep winning and stay unbeaten as long as possible. Not really worth looking into things until march time. Too early to look at other teams results as well, just keep doing our bit first.

We've had two months of good form, great start but season is nine months so a lot of work yet!

That W17 D9 L10 has now turned into W12 D8 L9 to get into the play-offs, assuming the original total required estimate was valid.

Encouraging.

Definitely..

Our run has given us a chnace, that W12 D8 L9 certainly isn't beyond us with the way we're going..

I agree that we've moved on a couple of levels. I think we started the season playing better football and I thought we were a couple of players away from being a top 6 team. 

Wisdom is now our best defender, who has replaced our worst defender. Cisse and Dawkins coming in now means our quality barely drops when we have injuries in their positions.  

My expectations are now 4t to 8th rather than the 6th to 10th I had 2 months ago. Which might not sound much, but it feels different,

My sentiments exactly.

Archived