Realistic Expectation?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know what gets me this loyalty to NC he played for Forest and loved beating the Rams .

Why so loyal to him is because some fans are too young to-remember the days when The Cloughs were Forest through and through

they play for teams, they were never florist you plum :lol: 

NC watched Forest all the time with his dad Brian and was a Forest fan . He then played for Forest. Brian left Derby eventually went to Forest and turned down coming back to the Rams and fell out with Peter Taylor allegedly because he did return to manage the Rams

I'm sorry but we won't agree on that...... :lol:

Bris used to frustrate some people on here. Some people were happy when he went. Instead of bris, we got posters like notts_ram and gcfc. Be careful what you wish for.

The moral of this story could be applied to other situations.

Bris keeps me supplied with recipes :-)

He probably doesn't know yet how weak the squad is.Clough has left a right mess,i'm convinced we would be

in a relegation scrap all season if Clough had stayed.I must say things can only get better.

Relegation fight? With a squad most agree was improved on last year's 10th place?

Not sure about that. I doubt we'd have finished any lower than 12th at worst.

Clough left a right mess? You're original, i'll give you that!

Barring a remarkable comeback.. It's now changed to..

W17 D10 L9

That is beyond us, especially with this defence.. This season is already a write off in terms of top 6. But let's hope we can at least win more games than we lose for the remainder of the 36 games.

I'd take a record now of something like W13 D11 L12 or another 50 points to the 11 we already have.

Well that was suprising..

Still..

W17 D9 L10 is the target. That should drop down to W16 after our usual comfortable win against Leeds.. I'd go as far as saying it's a must win game given the following two away games after that are Watford and QPR.

Well that was suprising..

Still..

W17 D9 L10 is the target. That should drop down to W16 after our usual comfortable win against Leeds.. I'd go as far as saying it's a must win game given the following two away games after that are Watford and QPR.

Froggg is at the game......we will win :D

Barring a remarkable comeback.. It's now changed to..

W17 D10 L9

That is beyond us, especially with this defence.. This season is already a write off in terms of top 6. But let's hope we can at least win more games than we lose for the remainder of the 36 games.

I'd take a record now of something like W13 D11 L12 or another 50 points to the 11 we already have.

If they give him some cash to buy some defenders for the winter window,we could get top ten this season,

be contenders next season if we can get  a couple of decent strikers to join Bennett.Dump Sammon and

Russell.

• 2 months later...

I've been away from this forum for a while so if this has all been covered before then, actually I was about to apologise if it had but considering I see Mostyn is still posting about Nigel then I guess repetition is accepted.

I think it's safe to say we all have a little bit of optimism in our hearts now. It's not that we were sinking or poor before the new management took over but we have a fresh impetus and appear to have moved on a stage. From a solid team that was either slowly progressing or stagnating, depending on your view, we are now a team that has us, as fans, daring to dream a little now. We've taken a full step if you will, rather than shuffle along a little.

With that in mind, what do people expect from the season? Do we now expect play-offs? Do we expect top 10?

Personally I'm just happy that I can enjoy a match day again with the pre-match belief we can win. I think we can make the play-offs but a top 10 this season would suffice.

Also just to say its lovely to have a squad to choose from, with players coming back from injury too there's completion for places in virtually every department. That's hugely refreshing. Not only providing cover but giving different options and allowing more scope for tactical changes during the game.

Anyway it's kind of a general post as I've been away for a number of weeks. Just wanted to share in some positivity and experience this board when it's not divided into camps and filled with little arguments.

Love to all

Hey, I made an exact same thread when McClaren arrived..

Copyrighted n all

Get your own bloody ideas.. First Mostyn taking the credit and now this..

Jeeze..

I agree by the way although I don't quite share the same loving feeling just yet.. Maybe in time Wilko, maybe in time.

I've just noticed your thread, due to clicking on it by mistake thinking it was mine and becoming very confused that it was 3 pages long already.

I take credit for nothing. The plaudits are all yours my friend, good thinking, it's a great idea for a post.

I've just noticed your thread, due to clicking on it by mistake thinking it was mine and becoming very confused that it was 3 pages long already.

I take credit for nothing. The plaudits are all yours my friend, good thinking, it's a great idea for a post.

In fairness buddy you stated you had been away and not seen it..

You can have some plaudits too

Taking a read of a few comments back in September makes you wonder doesn't it? Some said that we'd really struggle and that our squad is one of a bottom 8 standard

Archived