Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a big difference between the job he did in Germany/Holland and the job he takes on at Derby. With the players abroad and at Man Utd, he can coach them in the knowledge that they have the ability to carry out what's being coached. A great coach, but a bad educator.

He might talk about defensive organisation fairly well, but in practice, it will not go so well. Trying to get Luke Chambers and Wes Morgan to zonal mark turned out disastrously, so why would Jake Buxton and Keogh be any different? The only way it'll work is if he's changed his ways remarkably.

Look at every player who praises McClaren.. Owen did when he came to us, and now Barton now he's gone to you. Both very good players, because he's good at making good players brilliant. Ask him to make average players any good, and he'll struggle, as proven.

Many Forest fans learnt to love the idea of McClaren... I'm guessing you're all trying to do the same. The fact you're having to learn to be brought into the idea of SM says a lot, doesn't it?

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought at Wolfsburg he took the training and he picked the team?

In his second spell at Twente I thought he took the training and he picked the team?

At Forest I thought he took the training and he picked the team?

Whether his title is head coach or some other ******** whats his job going to be here? 

I'm still thinking this is a nightmare from which I'm yet to wake. Who put what in my Merlot?!

If someone had told me Friday that by Monday we'd have lost to Forest, sacked Clough & replaced him with Schteve I'd have laughed very hard then shivered at the mere thought of it. But its happened.

My only consolation is this moron has to have a brief to get into the top 6 - if that's the standard Clough was set, this clown has to at least emulate it. So, only 8 months til he's sacked. Don't get too comfy Schteve...

I think you would've been better off though going for someone like Poyet, Pulis or even Di Matteo.

2 of those would surely be out of our price range (aswell as realistic appointments). I'm glad it's not Pulis, all the hardwork the club have done with the academy and youth to first team insfrastructure would be undone overnight.

2 of those would surely be out of our price range (aswell as realistic appointments). I'm glad it's not Pulis, all the hardwork the club have done with the academy and youth to first team insfrastructure would be undone overnight.

Yeah fair point. I'm not sure Poyet would've been out of your price range.

If he doesn't get the Sunderland job I can see him joining any team in for him in the Championship just to get back into football, you can tell when he's a pundit on TV, he's desperate to get back to work.

Archived