Steve McClaren

Day

Yeah fair point. I'm not sure Poyet would've been out of your price range.

If he doesn't get the Sunderland job I can see him joining any team in for him in the Championship just to get back into football, you can tell when he's a pundit on TV, he's desperate to get back to work.

I'd have been really happy with Poyet but he needs money to spend which is no guarentee at Derby. Even after spending millions he still spoke out asking for more. He's never been in a management job like ours would be and I'm not sure it would appeal to him. I can also see him back in the Championship though, I think Sunderland will want somebody proven after Di Canio.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still thinking this is a nightmare from which I'm yet to wake. Who put what in my Merlot?!

If someone had told me Friday that by Monday we'd have lost to Forest, sacked Clough & replaced him with Schteve I'd have laughed very hard then shivered at the mere thought of it. But its happened.

My only consolation is this moron has to have a brief to get into the top 6 - if that's the standard Clough was set, this clown has to at least emulate it. So, only 8 months til he's sacked. Don't get too comfy Schteve...

Clown? Moron?

Do you have any idea of his history with this club?

Clown? Moron?

Do you have any idea of his history with this club?

Of course I do. Mind, didn't count for much when he started slagging us off as Forest manager.

This is a man so ridiculous he bought presents for the national sports media upon being appointed England manager to "get them onside". That worked well. A man so ridiculous he adopted a fake Dutch accent whilst being interviewed in English. A man so pathetic he tried to be "chummy" with his England players to get them to perform - calling them "Wazza","Stevie G" etc - they had utterly no respect for him.

I'd say my descriptions of him are pretty accurate.

Of course I do. Mind, didn't count for much when he started slagging us off as Forest manager.

This is a man so ridiculous he bought presents for the national sports media upon being appointed England manager to "get them onside". That worked well. A man so ridiculous he adopted a fake Dutch accent whilst being interviewed in English. A man so pathetic he tried to be "chummy" with his England players to get them to perform - calling them "Wazza","Stevie G" etc - they had utterly no respect for him.

I'd say my descriptions of him are pretty accurate.

Genuine question as I have no recollection of this, but what did he say when he slagged us off? Was it in relation to 'that game' or generally.

This is a man so ridiculous he bought presents for the national sports media upon being appointed England manager to "get them onside". That worked well. A man so ridiculous he adopted a fake Dutch accent whilst being interviewed in English. A man so pathetic he tried to be "chummy" with his England players to get them to perform - calling them "Wazza","Stevie G" etc - they had utterly no respect for him.

I'd say my descriptions of him are pretty accurate.

Slagging us off? Can you point me in the direction of this please?

A man who has reached the pinnacle of his chosen career ripped to pieces by......sorry I missed your achievements.....I bet he will be gutted to read your assessment of him.

Bet SAF wishes you had given him the lowdown before he went to United.

Slagging us off? Can you point me in the direction of this please?

A man who has reached the pinnacle of his chosen career ripped to pieces by......sorry I missed your achievements.....I bet he will be gutted to read your assessment of him.

Bet SAF wishes you had given him the lowdown before he went to United.

Well if you're going to adopt that attitude - why do any of us have the right to pass comment on any aspect of professional football?

Hell, why even have this forum? As none of us have comparable achievements to the folk we're invariably criticising?

Well if you're going to adopt that attitude - why do any of us have the right to pass comment on any aspect of professional football?

Hell, why even have this forum? As none of us have comparable achievements to the folk we're invariably criticising?

There's a difference between commenting and just showing a complete lack of respect for someone who has already done more for this club than you ever will.

There's a difference between commenting and just showing a complete lack of respect for someone who has already done more for this club than you ever will.

OK you're right, "moron" was too far. I'm not happy (quite obviously) & it was in poor taste.

My achievements are really immaterial to this debate though. As are yours.

Archived