Steve McClaren

David

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People will be put off by his short Florist tenure which is understandable.

You only have to look at ourselves and Boro to see the decline the moment he left both clubs .

Smith hadn't a clue when McClaren left to join United, absolutely clueless.

He must surely have a huge list of contacts around the globe, surely can only be a good thing. Look at the players he brought into the Boro first team, he won't ignore the academy if that's anything to go by.

The guy who said McClaren was bankrolled at Boro, he wasn't at Twente when he won the title...

I naively thought that the board were going to do something far more decisive than trawl the current pool of out of work English league managers for their next replacement, silly me

Who did you honestly expect? We will only ever, in our current state (both financially and in regards to recent successes), be able to pull from the list of out of work managers, or lower league managers who've shown promise but not already been snapped up.

This is literally the best we could get.

Who did you honestly expect? We will only ever, in our current state (both financially and in regards to recent successes), be able to pull from the list of out of work managers, or lower league managers who've shown promise but not already been snapped up.

This is literally the best we could get.

Pulis. Poyet. 

I didnt ask for McClaren I asked for Clough to be removed so someone more adept could be brought in major difference

Wow just wow!

You wanted someone more adept than Clough.

We may bring in someone who was number two during our promotion to The Premier League, who spent years working with SAF, who took Middlesbrough to a European final, who won a major European league with a very unfancied team, who has managed at internation level and who must have a vast array of contacts within the game.

And you still think your objective of wanting a more adept manager will not be met?

Archived