Steve McClaren

David

McClaren would be a great addition... yes he was p!ss poor at Forest but he only got a handful of games. At Twente he was unbelievable.

His network would be a massive addition to Derby County. Considering he was the England boss, won countless trophies with SAF at united and won the Dutch league, the man will be able to get top players in. Couple that with our fantastic facilities, great stadium and large fan base, I can't see how McClaren would not thrive here...

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He tanked at Forest but, as someone already posted, sometimes the club isn't the right fit.  Anyone who holds his England record against him is being seriously harsh - the England manager can only work with what he's got.

At Boro he finished each successive season higher than the one before, led them to the UEFA Cup final and brought through lots of young players. And he won Twente their first ever title, in the face of competition from the traditionally dominant Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV.

But yeah, that Forest spell eh? He must be crap.

In his first season as United's assistant they won the treble.

#McClarenIn

That was my favourite sentence from his Wikipedia page, my least favourite is this 'After some poor results, McClaren was criticised for Twente's unattractive and defensive football'

I didnt ask for McClaren I asked for Clough to be removed so someone more adept could be brought in major difference

To bring in someone adept requires there to be someone adept available. Mr Mclaren, while a seemingly excellent coach and number two, has failed in every job he has worked in since leaving FC Twente in 2010.

He is the best of a bad bunch. There is no-one else to bring in. In sacking clough you can only ever leave yourself with the list of names put out by the bookies.

McLaren/Pulis/Appleton/Grayson. Hardly an inspiring list, and there is no-one else to be had. So If you wanted Clough gone you should be pleased. We've replaced him with the 'best' option available. Be careful what you wish for, and all that.

If this happens, everyone has to take a brolly on Tuesday and put it up when he is introduced to the crowd.

Pretty sure on the health and safety sign outside PP it says no umbrellas.

It doesn't mention anything about ginger wigs though.

McLaren/Pulis/Appleton/Grayson. Hardly an inspiring list, and there is no-one else to be had. So If you wanted Clough gone you should be pleased. We've replaced him with the 'best' option available. Be careful what you wish for, and all that.

I naively thought that the board were going to do something far more decisive than trawl the current pool of out of work English league managers for their next replacement, silly me

Archived