Catch 23

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 3 (for what it's worth) would be

Paul Tisdale Exeter City

Steven Pressley Coventry City

Sean Dyche Burnley

And before you shoot it down, we are looking in the bargain basement for a manager.

And maybe Chris Powell.

and that what's frightening, we are looking in the bargain basement

Pulis on his time at Stoke:

"We had six consecutive seasons in the Premier League, we got to an FA Cup final and won the semi 5-0 at Wembley, we got to Europe and have been selling out 27,000 or 28,000 every match,"

"The year we got promoted we had the 13th lowest budget in the Championship and we never spent a lot of money on players.

"Then, if you look at the stats, every year we improved, in respect of possession. I'm not a manager who likes to play back, square and sideways; I was always taught as a midfield player your first touch is to open up and look forward.

"So we played small passes through the pitch, rather than small passes square and the side was strong, organised and fit.

"Stoke have gone from being a bottom half of the Championship club to talking about finishing in the top eight of the Premier League in six and a half years - that's not too bad."

I honestly think Pulis is the best of those names. At least he has done a good job recently. The others are washed up, jumped up or f**ked up.

He has enough experience to bring on the youngsters and he will definitely get some decent defenders in.

Anyone who comes in needs to be keen to work with the Academy.

I can't believe a proven manager like pulis would come to us as we don't have the budget to achieve anything. Same with O'Neil and most others mentioned on here.

Mclaren has an awful record wherever he has gone and I seriously hope it is not him but he is in a beggars position so I can't rule that out....

I am more worried about who we get than excited that is for sure! Hope it is unfounded.

Archived