Petty Park - Kenny Burns lays into Derby

Antonedcfc

FORMER Derby County and Nottingham Forest centre-half Kenny Burns has had a pop at Derby County over their stance on the ticket alliocation for the forthcoming game between the sides at the City Ground.

Burns, in his regular column for our sister publication, the Nottingham Post, sugggests Pride Park should be renamed "Petty Park" and points out that the Rams are being treated the same as any other club in the Championship who will visit the City Ground this season.

Here's what Burns had to say:

"I'VE got a new name for Pride Park.

It should be called 'Petty' Park because that is exactly how Derby County are acting over Forest more than halving away ticket allocations at the City Ground this season.

After being given 2,002 tickets for the first derby between the two clubs in Nottingham on September 28, the Rams have spat their dummy out and said they will give Reds fans less tickets when they meet at the opposite end of Brian Clough Way in March.

It's so childish I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Forest 2,001 tickets, even though they could do with getting as many paying away supporters through their gates as possible given their track record for giving away freebies to get home fans to watch them.

It is Derby's chief executive Sam Rush who has vowed retaliation on Forest, after County fans camped outside Pride Park to make sure they got tickets for the City Ground clash in just 19 days when they went on sale last week.

Rush should not have been so quick though because in trying to make a point he has missed a very important one, which is that Forest are not singling Derby out over away tickets – which is exactly what he is now planning to do to Reds fans.

Forest are not giving every other club in the Championship 4,000 tickets to sell to their fans and only halving it for Derby.

Every club that comes to the City Ground this season will be given exactly the same – 2,002 tickets.

That's how many tickets Huddersfield Town and Bolton Wanderers were given this season and that's how many tickets the likes of Leicester City, Leeds United and QPR will be given too.

If the Reds were giving Derby less tickets than everyone else then they would be entitled to feel angry, but they're not so get over it.

Whether the Rams – or any other club – like it or not, it's Forest's policy for this season so lump it.

I can understand why they have done it too. They clearly want to make the City Ground more partisan.

They want it to be more intimidating for every team that comes here to give them an edge in home games as they bid for promotion into the Premier League – and more home fans plus less away fans equals exactly that.

It also means the Reds can reclaim a big chunk of the lower tier of the Bridgford Stand from away fans and so have home supporters behind both goals, which is a big thing.

They did try and reclaim it all for this season and move away fans into the upper section of the Bridgford Stand, but that didn't happen because season ticket holders up there rightly refused to move.

But they have still got two-thirds of it back simply by giving away clubs less tickets and while Reds fans have not filled it in the home games so far this season I'm sure they will pack it out when Derby come to town later this month.

And believe me that will make a big difference to the atmosphere.

Instead of there being 4,000 Derby fans making a big noise behind one of the goals, there will be a couple of thousand of them tucked away in one corner of the lower tier and it will be easy for the 20,000-plus home fans to drown them out and hopefully inspire Forest to victory – now that would be just the ticket."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenny, if you hear a rush of wind and a feel a bump then don't panic mate. That's the last 3 decades going by.

Welcome to the future.

(When was the last time you experienced a great home atmosphere with hardly any away fans? Your theory is ****)

When you said Freeman made a mistake because Forest are going places.... when are you going places? I don't think Freeman will care when he's retired?

Still, at least you're not slagging off Doughty anymore. Didn't have the passion did he? His few quid wasn't enough for the famous team was it?

Wuuuuuuuuuush BUMP

Fook me, it's 2013 and Bayern have nicked your cup!!!

He mentions that we have a track record of giving out freebies for matchday tickets.

Sam Rush said that that would no longer be the case this season or from here on in.

Also we sell out the Forest games at home anyway so there would be no need to give away free tickets? strange.

I can see why Forest have done it because they need all the help they can get when playing us at the moment. 

Kenny, if you hear a rush of wind and a feel a bump then don't panic mate. That's the last 3 decades going by.

Welcome to the future.

(When was the last time you experienced a great home atmosphere with hardly any away fans? Your theory is ****)

When you said Freeman made a mistake because Forest are going places.... when are you going places? I don't think Freeman will care when he's retired?

Still, at least you're not slagging off Doughty anymore. Didn't have the passion did he? His few quid wasn't enough for the famous team was it?

Wuuuuuuuuuush BUMP

Fook me, it's 2013 and Bayern have nicked your cup!!!

Forgot it was him who said that about Freeman leaving.

Sounded bitter to me that Kieron wanted to move to a club where the youngsters were actually given a chance. 

Look at Forest's CB Jamaal Lascelles

Forest fans are always going on about how good he is and that he has played for England under 18s 19s and 20s he has only made 8 appearances in 3 years! for the first team. 

Burns is a tool. End of....

He doesn't deserve the attention simply for cutting me short on the phone about 10 years ago when I was telling Roger Davies that Huddlestone was a good player with excellent technique, only for Burns to interrupt and tell me Huddlestone was a lump who's be playing in the fourth division within 3 years and Wes Morgan would get 100 times more caps for England.

I can't be doing with two similar size clubs arguing over who's biggest based on a few thousand fans.

If it was United arguing with Leeds it would be a worthwhile point.

Wait until they come to us. Watch the moaning then. 'We took 14,000 to Glasgow on a Tuesday night'

Holy ****! Well why didnt you say!! Knock down that Velodrome Steve and build a fan park.

Kenny misses the point about as much as he misses 1980.

'It's so childish I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Forest 2,001 tickets, even though they could do with getting as many paying away supporters through their gates as possible given their track record for giving away freebies to get home fans to watch them'

And he calls Derby petty...

Archived