NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The packers offensive line is incredible, give the quarterback so much time and when you're as special as Rodgers it's a killer for opposition to keep coverage down field.

They'll need to score big points to win the championship game though.

Can't see the defence stopping what's coming.

Whilst not the team I support have a soft spot for the packers. Winter games at lambeau are great to watch with the crowd noise and so on.

What a great game against the cowboys. Honestly thought Dallas would win (like I thought Pearson would be a good manager)

WRONG! 

Ultimately would love to see the Falcons win the Superbowl.

Falcons fan for the remainder.

Steelers are Forest equivalent to me as a Ravens fan, Patriots are like Man Utd under Sir Alex and Greenbay are just a bit samey. They've been there, done that. Would like someone different to do it.

6 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As a Falcons fan... you get the drift.

Would be nice for them to win it, especially as it looks certain that OC Kyle Shanahan will be off to be head coach in San Fran.

Something positive for him before he bombs out with the 49'ers.*

*bold, biased prediction.

I'd rather GB win as a packers fan. Would be nice to see them win it 50 years after they won Super Bowl 1

23 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

The packers offensive line is incredible, give the quarterback so much time and when you're as special as Rodgers it's a killer for opposition to keep coverage down field.

They'll need to score big points to win the championship game though.

Can't see the defence stopping what's coming.

Whilst not the team I support have a soft spot for the packers. Winter games at lambeau are great to watch with the crowd noise and so on.

What a great game against the cowboys. Honestly thought Dallas would win (like I thought Pearson would be a good manager)

WRONG! 

Ultimately would love to see the Falcons win the Superbowl.

I was worried that our defense would be good enough against Dallas, but they came up with big plays when needed. A beat up defense won't be able to make big plays all game though, but as long as they stop them at key times and the offends make their plays then the Packers will do it.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

I was worried that our defense would be good enough against Dallas, but they came up with big plays when needed. A beat up defense won't be able to make big plays all game though, but as long as they stop them at key times and the offends make their plays then the Packers will do it.

The Falcons just look so good offensively and Green Bay are gonna have to score heavy points to win this game I think. Only needs a couple of turnovers and the defensive line are gonna be working overtime.

Plus....... Julio is just exceptional and on fire right now.

But.......one word........RODGERS!

Combine him with your receiving core and you have more than a punchers chance.

Looks a far better game on paper than the AFC championship game.

It would be good to see a new team lift the Lombardi.

But as you say 50 years and all that.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

Play of the season has to be the 3rd and twenty that got the packers into field goal range. 

That has to be the best end to a game I've seen.

That kicker is as cool as anyone when under pressure like that. Especially with the timeout after he'd booted the first kick. To do it again was awesome. 

9 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

That kicker is as cool as anyone when under pressure like that. Especially with the timeout after he'd booted the first kick. To do it again was awesome. 

Give me Justin Tucker over anyone, every time.

I don't care who wins, as long as it's not the falcons.

But if they did win it, I'd actually probably only be faux upset.

I do think Matt Ryan deserves MVP though.

15 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Think Packers will win by 3 and Patriots by 6.

Would like the Falcons to win it all, but Rodgers having one his hot streaks at the moment

It's not just Rodgers, the receivers are making fantastic plays too, and the defense too when it matters. Yes Rodgers makes it possible for the great catches to be made, but the receivers have to make them

Backing the Steelers as I used to watch a lot of games with a friend, but I don't really know enough to properly analyse the team. This is the first season I've consistently followed it through - it's been a really rollercoaster season that's basically just centred on whether Big Ben is fit. Really happy with it as a first proper season regardless of tonight's score but it'd be awesome for it to end with a Superbowl chance. 

Archived