Is Cloughie stubborn over certain players because of the Clough tag

Curtains

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh was blocking his view and it more or less hit him. The cross should have been stopped. The first and third goals were Buxtons fault what the hell was he doing its embarrassing

The cross should have been left to go out. Keogh blocking his view? ****** he managed to look at the ball all the way and if he had more awareness he'd have ducked and it home out for a goal kick.

Buxton made the last mistake when he failed the tackle. But how on earth could he be solely to blame when their man ran so far unchallenged.

Poor day for the defence conceding 3 goals like that. The only reason Freeman got the blame was because there was a replacement on the bench!

That explains the fact he was taken off, but it doesn't explain why he was publicly blamed by his manager.

I must admit I can't remember where the blame for the second goal came from - I haven't seen it again yet. But with the first one it was Buxton's fault fair and square. It seems that Derby encourage fullbacks to get forward, with this tactic there will always be the times that a ball goes into that fullbacks space while he isn't there. The player who was there - Buxton - should have dealt with it comfortably but didn't. I would have blamed whoever that was whether it be a Keogh, a Shackell, a Stimac, or a Mark Wright but it wasn't it was a player who is out of his depth.

Again, I don't recall the third goal at the moment - not seen it again and was further away. So can't comment on blame.

All the players Clough's publicly been critical of are either inexperienced youngsters or Billy Davies/Paul Jewell signings.

Cywka, Maguire, Leacock, Hendrick, Freeman...

Guys like Keogh, Barker, Bryson, Savage, Roberts and Buxton are Untouchable and will never do no wrong in Cloughville. Richard Keogh needs dropping, yet I bet he's the first name on the team sheet.

People will say "it won't affect his confidence", but surely you're own manager not only subbing the player within 45 minutes but later mentioning the errors to the local radio will damage anyone's moral? If I had my manager tell everyone else at the company "he's performing his role poorly" then ofcourse that would piss me off.

defence was very poor, our attack was non existent, we had nobody making runs or getting into space, midfield was swamped and our players were stopped from playing, Russell missed an easy chance and he missed a penalty, all round poor display but in my opinion the biggest culprit was Nigel,

once again because of his stubbornness or more like the fact that he is tactically inept he was not prepared to move from his game plan of playing 442 when it was clearly not working nor was the team selection, this was obvious after 5 minutes to everybody but him and the three stooges on the bench with him, buxton and Keogh where more reminiscent of Laurel & Hardy than a central defence,

just like against Leicester we came up against a very well organised team who where stronger than us, they where like a brick wall and all that we could do was run into that wall and bounce off it, instead of changing we persisted and of course got no where, I thought that it was crying out for Michael Jacobs to replace coutts to try and get behind their defence and perhaps have bought sammon on earlier.

we just kept passing the ball for the sake of it, sideways and backwards though, its no good trying to play attractive football if we are not going to get the ball into the opposition penalty area, yes it worked against Yeovil but I went to that game and it was clear to see that Yeovil are a very poor team who will certainly get relegated, so as good as it was to see 24 passes resulting in a goal it was hardly against top class opposition.

we just never have a plan B and that is not good, losing two games at home and drawing the third is not how to get into the top 6.

selling one of your best players and not using the money raised to bolster up the centre back position (our greatest weak point) is not acceptable and is also not conducive to a top six finish.

I am now convinced that we have no ambition to finish in the top 6 and will be happy to finish in 10th position.

sorry if this has gone on a bit !! im just a bit fed up now, I have always been a backer of clough but now I am seeing the cracks and the fact that this is as good as it is going to get.

Archived