Yeovil Town v Derby County

Alph

Cheers for the heads up GL regarding Yeovil. Didn't realise you were maxed out, you seem to need some cover in CM though, I would worry if Upson or Edwards gets injured.

Wow 800k I'll never moan again; what are your thoughts on Madden out of his depth or out of service.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for the heads up GL regarding Yeovil. Didn't realise you were maxed out, you seem to need some cover in CM though, I would worry if Upson or Edwards gets injured.

Wow 800k I'll never moan again; what are your thoughts on Madden out of his depth or out of service.

I think the step up to the Championship from League 1 is a big one and while we've played pretty well in all our games the hardest thing to do of course is put the ball in the net.  With Madden it's about adjusting to the extra quality of defending he's facing which also has an impact on the service he's getting.  You're quite right to pinpoint Upson and Edwards as the key to our team, we've got a couple of loanees in that area but they're fairly untried TBH.  We definitely need cover everywhere but there are limits both financially and in numbers.  Our budget's gone up a bit because of TV money etc., I think for this season it's about £1.1m which is still pretty tiny compared to most in the this league.  I think i'm right in saying that Madden is the only player we've paid money for in the last 5 years, and that was only about £30k.

:D Vulcan I didn't know I had to earn my stripes, how many posts then before I get my own patch or do I have to go through initiation    :huh:

:D Vulcan I didn't know I had to earn my stripes, how many posts then before I get my own patch or do I have to go through initiation

You're in after you've taken the piss out of everyone on the board except b4, he b untouchable.

Sarcasm, knee jerk reaction, outright fury or a complete misunderstanding of the situation/ no knowledge of football will help you get along much quicker.

You're in after you've taken the piss out of everyone on the board except b4, he b untouchable.

Sarcasm, knee jerk reaction, outright fury or a complete misunderstanding of the situation/ no knowledge of football will help you get along much quicker.

Cheers Vulcan so already I've completely misunderstood how to post a post; don't know much about football just pretend I do, If I can just show some respect for bossman b4, hate on everyone else, work out where the f a post is supposed to go I'm in, obviosuly only as a soldier though initially but then hopefully I can work mi way up, learn the code and enforce it, get the gyals n the cars n post it up.

:cool:

With a lot of Derby fans going down, hopefully a convincing win could help us from being the most embarrassing side in the division for away following? As I'm sure a nice run away from home would get more people excited to go, because football for a lot of people recently has been a 23 match season, and not 46. 

Cheers Vulcan so already I've completely misunderstood how to post a post; don't know much about football just pretend I do, If I can just show some respect for bossman b4, hate on everyone else, work out where the f a post is supposed to go I'm in, obviosuly only as a soldier though initially but then hopefully I can work mi way up, learn the code and enforce it, get the gyals n the cars n post it up.

:cool:

Yep, in a nutshell.

Don't forget, extra points for dreadful grammar, bad spelling and/or no command of the English language.

Take your lead from the new Radio Derby dream team: a hysterical child as a commentator and a former player who sounds as if he's just been dragged out of the local gyspy camp.

Got a feeling this is either the game that Yeovil make their mark on the league, or finally get thumped by a team. Think this is the sort of time a team like this is going to show its true colours.

This is a right old banana skin this.

Archived