Has Nigel done a mistake selling Theo Robinson

gboil

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair we know Theo can score goals - he scored plentry for us - it was the rest of his game that was the problem, more specifically the number of blatant chances he missed.

If that was the case why is Sammon still with us? I think Theo get some over the top criticism, yes his touch was often poor but he knew how to get into the right position to get shots in on goal....he was a forward who knew how to score goals at this level & for a 150k Donny have got a bargain....

Wonder if we have a got a bargain with Russell, a player unproven at this level...or will he be another failed lucky dip buy ...Think that sum's up our investment in players, that a lucky dip player is our star signing..

I cannot believe how backwards some people are when it comes to football.

Have Nigel Clough's constant excuses and drivel corrupted your brain power or what?

Let me explain something quite simple. Goals win games.

If a player has an allround decent game but doesn't score and a different player as an average game but does score, then one has had a positive effect on the game and one hasn't.

Sadly, endeavour alone wins nothing.

Have Nigel Clough's constant excuses and drivel corrupted your brain power or what?

If a player has an allround decent game but doesn't score and a different player as an average game but does score, then one has had a positive effect on the game and one hasn't.

i get your point on this, but would you genuinely rather have Theo in our team than Chris Martin for example?

Depends on what you want as a striker.

Theo's all round game is poor but he will score goals.

Sammon's all round game is much better and will have more assists but he won't score as much.

Depends on your needs.

I think Chris Martin is a better combination of the two, will score but also has better team play such as holding the ball up, winning fouls and getting other players involved.

If that was the case why is Sammon still with us? I think Theo get some over the top criticism, yes his touch was often poor but he knew how to get into the right position to get shots in on goal....he was a forward who knew how to score goals at this level & for a 150k Donny have got a bargain....

Wonder if we have a got a bargain with Russell, a player unproven at this level...or will he be another failed lucky dip buy ...Think that sum's up our investment in players, that a lucky dip player is our star signing..

I'll ask the same question I asked another poster - did you praise Clough for getting a bargain when he signed Theo and did you lavish both the manager and player with praise when Theo was in the team?

Chris Martin hasn't had a prolific season since Norwichs sin in league one

Conor Sammon hasn't had a prolific season since the 10/11 season

Johnny Russell has had one season where he's scored we a dozen goals

Mason Bennett is in the deleopment squad

Conor Doyle in the good ol' USA

Expect plenty of goals this season lads.

I'll ask the same question I asked another poster - did you praise Clough for getting a bargain when he signed Theo and did you lavish both the manager and player with praise when Theo was in the team?

I've actually said countless times that Theo was a steal at 150,000 and have indeed praised Clough for his capture (along with Ward). Both of those players scored goals and created chances - I'll try and find a post later if it means that much to you.

On a flip side, find me a post where I've attacked Clough for playing him please or said anything bad towards Theo.

Chris Martin hasn't had a prolific season since Norwichs sin in league one

Conor Sammon hasn't had a prolific season since the 10/11 season

Johnny Russell has had one season where he's scored we a dozen goals

Mason Bennett is in the deleopment squad

Conor Doyle in the good ol' USA

Your list conveniently missed our top scorer from last season.

You are oversimplifying it. A player having as you say "an all round decent game" may well have created situations where other players have scored. It is a team game and not about individuals.

Tell Hull and Cardiff that... They both built teams where their strikers failed to score in the vast majority of games...

4 games in and the wrist slashers are out in force...

Archived