Another Signing?

Ambitious

will we make another signing this summer?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have already voted anyway but being pedantic are we calling a loan signing as a signing?

When I started the thread I was focusing more on 'permanent' but, who knows - depends on the context of the loan, someone in for a couple of months is a stop gap, but someone coming in for the season can settle and compete! 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having listened to Sam Rush's latest piece on ramsplayer, seems like we're not in the market for a new player! 

I suppose it's a good job that we're going to win this league at a canter - otherwise, they'd have to be ******* idiots not to strengthen the squad when possible, eh. :ph34r:  

Having listened to Sam Rush's latest piece on ramsplayer, seems like we're not in the market for a new player!

I suppose it's a good job that we're going to win this league at a canter - otherwise, they'd have to be ******* idiots not to strengthen the squad when possible, eh. :ph34r:

I just hope the money has been.put aside for January.

Inevitably questions will be asked about their quotes if we don't get promoted this season.

I just hope the money has been.put aside for January.

Inevitably questions will be asked about their quotes if we don't get promoted this season.

They said 'we will look for if and when needed' but, my aggravation is if keogh or buxton pull up in the game who replaces them in the short term? we don't trust any other centre back to even sit on the bench - surely that is a sign that we could do with someone readily available?

We'll have 3 strikers on the bench, but no centre back..  I just feel, at the very least that isn't a position we can short change and it doesn't mean that anyone coming in would oust the 2 already starting, but for someone to sit on the bench and offer competition? even if it is a loan signing - I would prefer us to take it now, rather than when one of those gets injured and we end up playing bleeding Sammon at centre half  :lol:

The swizz lad is a centre back for the stiffs isn't he?

In fact, don't we play centre backs in our reserve team?

Why do we have a reserve team?

He doesn't sit on our bench any more - or hasn't in the first 3 games anyway. 

too busy playing with the kiddies on the park  :ph34r: I meant our reserve team, not any funny business.. 

We have to, I usually think of Nigel as quite astute and realistic about where we are, and how he manipulates that to his advantage. But, if we don't sign anyone - the blame will lie soley at his feet unless we surpass expectation - I think we're good for 10th but nothing more, we need that bit more and he seems reluctant to add which is irritating me. 

We have to, I usually think of Nigel as quite astute and realistic about where we are, and how he manipulates that to his advantage. But, if we don't sign anyone - the blame will lie soley at his feet unless we surpass expectation - I think we're good for 10th but nothing more, we need that bit more and he seems reluctant to add which is irritating me. 

Surely he can find a reasonably priced CB that adds to our strength in depth or even better than Keogh (who is the weaker of the pair at the moment). If he can't, then we've got problems.

Archived