Another Signing?

Ambitious

will we make another signing this summer?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can you think of any that clubs would be willing to sell?

Dunno not privy to that information. However other teams seem to able to find a CB when they need one. Not saying we have to go out tomorrow and buy, but if one has not arrived by the end of the transfer window then I'd be concerned.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to wonder what the point of signing Smith on a season long deal was for.

If he's not a better option than Freeman, why bother?

We have O'Connor still costing us a salary and being here for the same length of time as Smith. Appreciated that he's not everyone's favourite, but as a squad player, surely he'd fit the bill?

Then the wages and loan fee for Smith could have been invested with a bit more thought, rather than wasted on a signing to appease the loss of Brayford?

Or have I missed something?

I get the impression that Freeman is being given first crack as that's what he was promised before Brayford left. On the other hand, fans were always going to be a bit miffed by selling Brayford and not signing anyone, so a loan replacement from a Premier League club could be seen as somewhat of a 'look over there' signing to distract us, but who knows. I'm sure Nigel has done his homework on Smith and I'm sure he'll come into his own this season, but right now it is bizarre that we haven't put the Brayford money to good use getting that extra centrehalf.

Archived