Eustace

McMuffin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Absolutely outstanding performance. I can't remember the last time one player swung the game so much for us. Every time Ipswich got behind Hughes and Bryson  in the first half - which was every five minutes - we looked like conceding. Then he came on, won everything and drove the ball forward and out wide. Brilliant, brilliant display.

The best moment for me? After the crowd got really going the players started to rush things, Hughes won a free kick. He was about to just get up and take it and then Eustace ran in and shouted at him to calm down and take his time.

He's a leader. And a wonderful parting gift from Nigel.

The best moment for me? After the crowd got really going the players started to rush things, Hughes won a free kick. He was about to just get up and take it and then Eustace ran in and shouted at him to calm down and take his time.

Yes - I'm glad I wasn't the only one to spot that!

He's also always geeing people up (fans and players) which nobody did in the first half. Each time Ipswich scored I looked around before the restart and all the Derby players' heads were down. Nobody was trying to offer any encouragement. It was like they'd all given up.

I watch Eustace quite closely during games and he is constantly talking to people, gesturing where people should move to, pointing out danger (and covering it himself if the player doesn't react quick enough).

That was exactly what we lacked in the first half last night - someone who is keeping an eye on everything around them, and who has the experience to know how to deal with it.

superb last night. Dictated everything, they didn't have a sniff second half & you could see Mcarthy doin his nut on the touchline.

Yep, They tried clattering him a few times but he just got up and dominated them all over again.

Archived