End of Season Predictions

randombc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at the minute, to their relative expectations.

Barnsley - have made some strong signings, and look to have improved.

Birmingham - made some poor signings, look a bit down - people expecting little.

Blackburn - think a more settled manager will bring a sense of realism and release the pressure.

Blackpool - hard to see how they could possibly improve.

Bolton - made an early start in the market, strong intentions - good feeling.

Bournemouth - looking to consolidate, their fans are hoping for at best a lower mid-table finish.

Brighton - all new change, think they have the fixings in place to do well, however.

Burnley - if they can keep Austin, they're a mid-table side - they sell him, they will struggle.

Charlton - their fans, like ours must of been hoping for more improvement - Powell is a top manager though.

Derby - stability and lots of belief, we look like a different beast going into this season - people are aware. 

Doncaster - more noise about potential trillionaire owners that actual movement, improvement isn't so forth coming

Huddersfield - looking to build on last season, think Vaughan is a good signing but seems like he's expected to do too much.

Ipswich - don't understand why so many people expect them to do well - Mick Mac isn't THAT good.

Leeds - good defense, poor everywhere else for me - very poor last season scraped undeserved wins.

Leicester - a massive kick in the teeth, plenty of animosity around the club with financial fear hanging over them. good team though.

Middlesborogh - finished last season in an appalling state, christ alive! I think they'll struggle to build momentum.

Millwall - Lomas is working hard, looks good for me - still, a lot of work to do.

Forest - finished the season strong, their match winner and for the most part of the later season McGugan has gone and not been replaced. 

QPR - Think like Blackburn unless they're top there is going to be anger and fall-outs, difficult first season back I suspect.

Reading - think they're in a good position, and would be surprised if they didn't hit expectation.

Wednesday - Not much improvement, made to a not very good side.

Watford - I think they're good for a couple of rabbits in hats, Abdi and McGugan are great signings already made!

Wigan - A manager that is dining on his last promotion meal card, lasted longer than Phil Browns I guess.

Yeovil - they will play every game like it's a cup final I would imagine, great hunger to surprise - but, little budget to convince.

After all that, I will say...

1) Reading

2) Derby

3) Brighton

4) Bolton

5) Watford

6) Blackburn

7) Leicester

8) Queens Park Rangers

9) Nottingham Forest

10) Charlton

11) Wigan

12) Barnsley

13) Bournemouth

14) Millwall 

15) Huddersfield 

16) Ipswich Town

17) Burnley

18) Leeds United

19) Middlesborough

20) Wednesday

21) Birmingham

22) Yeovil Town

23) Doncaster

24) Blackpool 

I'll be absolutely way off and blackpool will win the play-offs and we'll be relegated with reading  -_-

Where have you got these expectations from? Or are they just your opinions?

Birmingham for instance have made a couple of decent signings and have had a really positive pre-season playing some good stuff.. Where have you heard otherwise? And poor singings? Who?

As for Ipswich, Mick might not be that good in the PL but his NPC record is really good.. Ipswich were top 6 material for the remainder of the season when he took over.. Not to mention he'll have one of the best CB's in the league in Berra if he can recapture his Wolves form under MM..

Where have you got these expectations from? Or are they just your opinions?

Birmingham for instance have made a couple of decent signings and have had a really positive pre-season playing some good stuff.. Where have you heard otherwise? And poor singings? Who?

As for Ipswich, Mick might not be that good in the PL but his NPC record is really good.. Ipswich were top 6 material for the remainder of the season when he took over.. Not to mention he'll have one of the best CB's in the league in Berra if he can recapture his Wolves form under MM..

Not convinced, and the Birmingham was purely off another forum - and the supporter said put everything you have on us going down! 

They've signed a lot of players, but for the most part are unimpressive - they've lost some good players in redmond, davies, fehey and to me, just look like they're in for a struggle.

Ipswich, I just don't rate - I think they lack in so many positions and as much as I like Mick McCarthy I don't think he can do much - I have them 16th, which in fairness could mean they're 10 points away from the play-offs but, I don't think they will. 

1. Reading

2. Bolton

----------------

3. Watford

4. Derby (P) (I know right, crazy)

5. Leicester

6. Forest (beaten 5-4 by Watford in play-offs after winning 4-0 at Watford, only to get squashed 5-0 at the sh*thole)
----------------
7. Wigan
8. Brighton
9. Charlton
10. Barnsley
11. Blackburn
12. Ipswich
13. Leeds
14. Millwall
15. QPR
16. Boro
17. Birmingham
18. Hudders
19. Wendies
20. Doncaster
21. Bournemouth
---------------------
22. Burnley (Charlie Austinless, they sign Carlton Cole and perish)
23. Blackpool
24. Yeovil Town (bet they have a larf though)

We beat Leicester on penalties (sweet for me) and then Watford at Wembley

Not convinced, and the Birmingham was purely off another forum - and the supporter said put everything you have on us going down! 

They've signed a lot of players, but for the most part are unimpressive - they've lost some good players in redmond, davies, fehey and to me, just look like they're in for a struggle.

Ipswich, I just don't rate - I think they lack in so many positions and as much as I like Mick McCarthy I don't think he can do much - I have them 16th, which in fairness could mean they're 10 points away from the play-offs but, I don't think they will. 

Fair enough..

It seems you've written off Burnley and Brum (despite both looking really good in pre-season) and put Derby down as 'a different beast' in which I assume you have that attitude from our pre-season games..

The NPC is an absolute mix bag anyway.. I wouldn't be suprised to see my predictions look totally rubbish come the end of the season.. Last season I had Hull to go up (suprising everyone) but I also had Watford to struggle and Ipswich to make the top 8..

Things can change very quickly too in the NPC too.. I bet the league table at the end of September will look nothing like the league table come May.. I reckon the Blackburn and Wolves fans thought they'd stroll the NPC after the first 6 weeks or so when they had both won the majority of their games..

1. Reading

2. Bolton

----------------

3. Watford

4. Derby (P) (I know right, crazy)

5. Leicester

6. Forest (beaten 5-4 by Watford in play-offs after winning 4-0 at Watford, only to get squashed 5-0 at the sh*thole)
----------------
7. Wigan
8. Brighton
9. Charlton
10. Barnsley
11. Blackburn
12. Ipswich
13. Leeds
14. Millwall
15. QPR
16. Boro
17. Birmingham
18. Hudders
19. Wendies
20. Doncaster
21. Bournemouth
---------------------
22. Burnley (Charlie Austinless, they sign Carlton Cole and perish)
23. Blackpool
24. Yeovil Town (bet they have a larf though)

We beat Leicester on penalties (sweet for me) and then Watford at Wembley

Naaaah. They thrash Watford to set up a play-off final with us, confidence is high in their camp and they think they'll destroy us.

And then we win 2-1 at Wembley, Kieron Freeman with a last-minute thunderbolt against his former club. That's how it's going down ;)

I expect Birmingham to struggle. As I have said before on here, I work with 1 or 2 fans and they are very worried.

I'm quite suprised really.. The same with the Burnley predictions too.. I think they'll both be solid because Clarke and Dyche seem to be solid enough managers.. I can't see either being in a relegation battle with those guys in charge..

I think one team that could get sucked in is Blackpool.. I really don't rate Ince as a manager, I was amazed when he got the job in the first place..

It could be wide open this year.

Leicester's season could go either way.

Forest are nothing.

Wigan are strong on paper.

The team thats top at xmas will win it.

I'm quite suprised really.. The same with the Burnley predictions too.. I think they'll both be solid because Clarke and Dyche seem to be solid enough managers.. I can't see either being in a relegation battle with those guys in charge..

I think one team that could get sucked in is Blackpool.. I really don't rate Ince as a manager, I was amazed when he got the job in the first place..

Is he still there? Didn't he throw his dummy out at selling his son?

the few brum fans I know don't rate Clarke at all as a manager, but give him a bit of breathing space with how difficult the situation is at the club and are actually hoping for mid table! Massive fall from almost becoming a stable club in the premier league.

Reading

Bolton

Forest (if billy stays all season

Blackburn (P)

QPR

Watford

Leicester

Brighton

Derby

Bournemouth

Leeds

Ipswich

Charlton

Wigan

Boro

Millwall

Burnley

Birmingham

Wednesday

Blackpool

Huddersfield

Barnsley

Doncaster

Yeovil

Top scorer -Russell 12

POTY - Hughes

YPOTY - Bennett

Birmingham's transfers remind me of the one's we made in 2009 and 2010 summers, some talents from lower leagues, loans/frees from PL clubs. They are gambles and sometimes they pay-off, like with us Brayford and Buxton and sometimes they don't e.g. Pringle and Doyle.

Burnley doing similar too now that their parachute payments have either been gone or reduced.

Of course it could work brilliantly, like Blackpool and Barnsley in the late-90s or it could do downhill like Coventry or just be like us and remain midtable.

I'd say MM did extremely well in PL with Wolves. Just look what has happened after the sacking...

The Championship is the hardest league to pick for me, literally anything can happen, sides can plummit, jump 10 places in 3 games, stay within 3-4 places all season. I think Bolton will do well next season, I think they're my tip for the title. Other than that it's anyone's guess, almost impossible to predict what's going to happen as we saw last season.

There's always one fairly established club that struggles, I think it could be Boro, they really struggled at the end of last season after we walloped them and I think they could have a shaky time if they start badly.

I think we'll miss out on play offs to be honest but I am expecting improved points and placing come the ends of the season.

Like Bris, I'm looking towards managers who have succeeded at this level before and I think the likes of McCarthy, Davies and Adkins will be able to get consistency from their sides and pick up points home and away.

I'm still hopeful of a good season for us but I think we're a couple of quality players short, mainly a dominant CB. There's a hell of a lot that can still change though, I expect it'll be quite a busy time for the promoted Prem sides who get desperate in the final few weeks, which will have a knock on effect on the sides chasing promotion this season if they come into any money.

1. Bolton (decent budget, finished last season well, Freedman has something about him as a manager)

2. Reading (retained good core squad, solid manager)

3. Forest (Davies likely to eek out results - pains me to admit it)

4. Ipswich (surprise team No.1 - McCarthy been there and done it, okay squad, hard to beat)

5. Leeds (surprise team No.2 Decent young players coming through, McDermott knows his way around)

6. Watford (will continue last season's form with signings from loan players, Zola likely to inspire)

7. Derby (I think I'd be please if we can be there or thereabouts in the run in, other sides will have a bit too much)

8. Blackburn (over reliant on Rhodes, likely to change managers at least 4 times)

9. Wigan (European expectations will affect their league performance)

10. Leicester (Pearson struggling to gain any momentum, bloated squad, poor start predicted)

11. Brighton (loss of Poyet means no promotion drive this time)

12. QPR (desperate for these to struggle! Think they'll find it harder than they expect and will have issues with team spirit)

13. Birmingham (hard to pick, probably another season in midtable)

14. Charlton (will do well to match last season, consolidation season for me)

15. Huddersfield (decent enough squad but don't expect them to be anywhere but midtable)

16. Burnley (If Austin goes they're in trouble)

17. Doncaster (expect them to avoid relegation, don't know on what basis, just a hunch)

18. Wednesday (Could surprise a few, hard to place so I'm going for more of the same for them)

19. Bournemouth (think they'll survive, good home form)

20. Blackpool (Think they'll struggle, don't rate Ince at all)

21. Millwall (Hard to pick, tough season after Jackett's departure)

22. Barnsley (going down for me)

23. Middlesborough (My pick for a big side to struggle)

24. Yeovil (can't see anything but relegation for them but i'm sure they'll win over a few neutrals)

Top goalscorers - Russell 12 Ward 12

POTY - Hendrick

YPOTY - Hughes

Don't know why people think Forest will get play-offs, their squad has largely got worse since last season.

Not buying Sharp, sold match-winner McGugan and it looks like they might lose Guediora. Tudgay and Derbyshire sticking around as well as Wolves' 3rd choice keeper coming in. Only decent transfers they've made are Reyes and Paterson but, even after them, they're without a doubt in a worse position than last season.

Must bookmark this to laugh at my own stupidity May 2014.....

1. Reading (class manager, good squad, money to spend)

2. Leicester (can only muck up for so long with the talent at their disposal)

3. Ipswich (excellent manager, good players there, finished strongly last yr)

4. Forest (& out they go in the playoffs after an away win in the first leg...)

5. Bolton (good squad, decent manager, bought well)

6. Derby (it finally comes together)

7. Brighton (still got good players there but new manager uncertainty)

8. QPR (Harry goes mid-season, someone who knows their a**e from their elbow nearly guides them to playoffs)

9. Wigan (lost too many players, a season of regrouping)

10. Watford (real drop off without some of their stars from last season)

11. Sheff Weds (strong at home, will be looking to push on from simply staying up)

12. Burnley (couple of good players there but not enough strength in depth)

13. Charlton (no real stars but Powell will keep them competitive)

14. Huddersfield (recruited well, good manager)

15. Leeds (some decent players & a decent manager, no money to spend to build top 6 team tho)

16. Blackburn (another wasted season, 25 goals from Rhodes & nowt else)

17. Bournemouth (good players & money to recruit too)

18. Middlesborough (I reckon Mowbray will go sometime during the season too)

19. Millwall (will dip without Jackett)

20. Birmingham (another season of struggle from another financially stricken club)

21. Blackpool (see Birmingham)

22. Barnsley (finally go, not enough quality or depth)

23. Doncaster (rookie manager, small club that will struggle to attract players & average squad at present)

24. Yeovil (will start well & die a death about Oct/Nov as the quality gap starts to tell)

Top scorer - Russell with no more than 15

POTY - Russell

YPOTY - Hughes

Archived