John Eustace

DcFc Dyycheee

But he's almost 34, how is that planning for the future?

You say he was the best player on the pitch today ;Likewise with Robinson yesterday, but doesn't mean he'll have a future here does it?

Savage had Premiership/international experience how much did that help? Lee Hendrie? Russell Anderson? Andy Todd?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say he was the best player on the pitch today ;Likewise with Robinson yesterday, but doesn't mean he'll have a future here does it?

Savage had Premiership/international experience how much did that help? Lee Hendrie? Russell Anderson? Andy Todd?

Can't just rely on young players - get a grip man

Hes not here to plan for the future, hes here to hopefull drag us that extra six foot over the finish line into the play offs or better.

And I liked Savage. Deal with it.

I think our midfield all did their individual jobs very well and can't be compared because they had different jobs to do

So there

Well no, I agree. But the statement was he was our best midfielder tonight. Which I disagree with.

As for the argument going off here. Surely having him around does help the future? Does he not train and talk to our young midfielders with all his experience?

Can't just rely on young players - get a grip man

Craig Bryson almost 27 isn't that experienced?

Keogh 27 next month

Buxton 28

Ward 27

Grant 30

Davies 32

Hendrick over 100 appearances at this level and a international

Coutts almost 200 professional games

Young/inexperienced players my arse.

Craig Bryson almost 27 isn't that experienced?

Keogh 27 next month

Buxton 28

Ward 27

Grant 30

Davies 32

Hendrick over 100 appearances at this level and a international

Coutts almost 200 professional games

Young/inexperienced players my arse.

How many of them can play the role Eustice has been signed to play?

Hes not here to plan for the future, hes here to hopefull drag us that extra six foot over the finish line into the play offs or better.

And I liked Savage. Deal with it.

He's nearly 34

He's no better than any of our current midfielders

He played five league games last season

He was dire in his last loan sin

How on earth can he make the difference? He's a fookin Watford cast off not Paul Scholes dude.

He's nearly 34

How on earth can he make the difference? He's a fookin Watford cast off not Paul Scholes dude.

He's far better at playing the sitting midfielder just infront of the defence than anyone else at the club.

He's nearly 34

Because unlike our other midfielders he has played 381 games at premier league and championship level

Unlike our other midfielders he has seen it all and done it all by now and can therefore use that experiance to help the younger players see out games

And judging players on how they performed in a loan stint 5 years ago is always a great way to do it, not on games they have recently played

Savage played there, what difference did he make?

Not on about their positions, you said "you can't rely on young players"

How is 28, 27, 26, 30, 32 young?

When you've been watching the Rams for as long as I have believe me, 32 is young. Very young.

We clearly need to think of a better word than 'experience' beause so many people aren't grasping that it's not something you can simply measure in age or appearance numbers without factoring in the other teams and situations they've played in, what sort of player they are, what role they have had previously, what role they are to be given... etc

Well like you've just said, he was here FIVE years ago.

How has he improved as a footballer since? Surely if anything he's slower, less mobile now.

Savage played more games at a higher level than Eustace, did he make that much a difference at this level? Did Lee Hendrie impress you? Todd? Caroll? Teale? They had a wealth of experience at the top level and it did little to change our league position.

Regarding the centre back positions, when do premier league clubs select their 25 man lists?

Because Clough could well have a few targets but is waiting to see if they're not needed by their parent clubs? Would be great to get a young United or Chelsea player in on loan like Hull mange with Keane and Watford managed with Chabolah for 3 months to allow Barker and O'Brien ample time to get back without pressure.

If Buxton or Keogh gets injured we're straight away into the loan market and getting players that other teams didn't want.

How has he improved as a footballer since? Surely if anything he's slower, less mobile now.

Savage played more games at a higher level than Eustace, did he make that much a difference at this level? Did Lee Hendrie impress you? Todd? Caroll? Teale? They had a wealth of experience at the top level and it did little to change our league position.

So your point is that experienced players are crap? Of select experienced players are crap. Or 3-4 pretty average players with experience of a higher level were crap for us?

I would say Savage made a difference and handled difficult players, eg Tarrabt for QPR, very well. Dont know alot about Hendrie or Todd and I hope you dont mean Tom Carroll. Teale was a completely different type of player and is completely irrelevant 

Archived