Derby Players Back In Preseason Training

Shuff264

"http://www.dcfc.co.uk/cms_images/player/-mg-2160129-880710_478x359" title="" alt="-mg-2160129-880710_478x359">

PUBLISHED

10:47 26th June 2013

by DCFC Media

The Derby County players returned to Moor Farm today...

Derby County's preparations for the new 2013/14 season gathered pace this morning as the players reported in for fitness tests ahead of the first day of full pre-season training tomorrow.

Nigel Clough's men were put through their paces at Moor Farm training ground as they underwent various tests to check the players' fitness levels after the summer break.

Summer signing Johnny Russell was one of the new faces in the ranks, with the countdown to the new season well and truly underway.

The Derby County media team were on hand at Moor Farm today and a selection of behind the scenes images, taken by club photographer Andy Clarke, and videos, will be available to view on dcfc.co.uk later today.

The Rams kick-off their 2013-14 preparations with a trip to League of Ireland Premier side Bohemians next month. 

Derby will travel over to Ireland for their pre-season curtain raiser with the Bohs on Saturday 13th July at Dalymount Park.

Clough’s squad will then face Port Vale at Vale Park on Tuesday 16th July before being based in the South West for three days, with a pre-season fixture lined up against Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Stadium on Friday 19th July.

After returning from the South West, the Rams will face Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium on Tuesday 23rd July prior to welcoming Premier League side West Bromwich Albion at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday 27th July.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/rams-undergo-fitness-tests-880711.aspx#fkGzdUWohyeUbl4L.99

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we push them a little bit harder this time round, no early day slip ups - straight into it like a couple of seasons ago, 4/5 wins on the bounce.

and then.. 41/42 wins on the bounce after that!  :ph34r:

I think there being chucked into a 5k run and 40 obstacle course tomorrow

x-runner-4x3129-877087_478x359

PUBLISHED

09:45 24th June 2013

by DCFC Media

Derby County get geared up for Team Training with X-Runner http://xrunner.co.uk

Next week the Derby County squad are all set for an energy-sapping assault course challenge at the National Watersports Centre in Nottingham.

The Rams are set to return for pre-season training at Moor Farm on Thursday 27th June, before heading off to Hole Pierrepont on 1st July for an afternoon of team bonding.

The squad will be split into groups and encouraged to work as a team as they take on an assault course, which contains white water rafting and a series of challenging runs; with Nigel Clough's side set to be put through their paces.

X-Runner obstacle course races are the ultimate challenge - it is not your average cross country run or obstacle course race.

The Rams will kick-off the afternoon at Hole Pierrepont with a 5k run, including 40 obstacles en route, designed to challenge, thrill and team build. 

Following the obstacle course, the side face a white water raft sprint race down the rapids, which is a real test of team work. Each group of eight will steer their way through rapids, in what is sure to be an action packed race. 

Then for the grand finale, the squad will undergo two further enthralling white water raft sprints down the course, in what is set to be a day of both endurance and team building.

Rather them than me.....

SAINT BUCKO'S BACK!!!!!!!!

So do Granty and Martin get to start training today then, or do they have to wait until Monday?

Im not sure, I'd imaging the likes of Sammon, Hendrick and Keogh get longer seeing as they have been playing internationally 

I can run 5km quite comfortably at a decent pace, and I had an operation (similar to barker in feburary) never tried to do it with obstacles I must admit, but surely that should be absolutely minimum for a championship athlete?

double it to 10km and make the obstacles harder, a lot harder. I'll be happy then  ^_^

"http://www.dcfc.co.uk/cms_images/player/-mg-2160129-880710_478x359" alt="-mg-2160129-880710_478x359">

PUBLISHED

10:47 26th June 2013

by DCFC Media

The Derby County players returned to Moor Farm today...

Derby County's preparations for the new 2013/14 season gathered pace this morning as the players reported in for fitness tests ahead of the first day of full pre-season training tomorrow.

Nigel Clough's men were put through their paces at Moor Farm training ground as they underwent various tests to check the players' fitness levels after the summer break.

Summer signing Johnny Russell was one of the new faces in the ranks, with the countdown to the new season well and truly underway.

The Derby County media team were on hand at Moor Farm today and a selection of behind the scenes images, taken by club photographer Andy Clarke, and videos, will be available to view on dcfc.co.uk later today.

The Rams kick-off their 2013-14 preparations with a trip to League of Ireland Premier side Bohemians next month.

Derby will travel over to Ireland for their pre-season curtain raiser with the Bohs on Saturday 13th July at Dalymount Park.

Clough’s squad will then face Port Vale at Vale Park on Tuesday 16th July before being based in the South West for three days, with a pre-season fixture lined up against Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Stadium on Friday 19th July.

After returning from the South West, the Rams will face Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium on Tuesday 23rd July prior to welcoming Premier League side West Bromwich Albion at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday 27th July.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/rams-undergo-fitness-tests-880711.aspx#fkGzdUWohyeUbl4L.99

I like the look of the quote on the back wall!

Wait, is that Bryson wearing 14? 14 was Doyle's number if I recall. Buxton also appears to have retained 5 for now. The pre season numbers have generally been a good indication of the final numbers and that seems to suggest that Bryson has been moved from 4 to 14.

Wait, is that Bryson wearing 14? 14 was Doyle's number if I recall. Buxton also appears to have retained 5 for now. The pre season numbers have generally been a good indication of the final numbers and that seems to suggest that Bryson has been moved from 4 to 14.

Its from last season, probably just any shorts they had going for this sort of thing. There still Addidas as well even though we were Kappa last year, just using old kit for the obstacle cause because it will probably be ruined.

This.

It would be highly unlikely they have a picture of Bryson doing next weeks activity already - if not impossible!

You're probably right. Still odd that they'd whip out an unseen picture though. When would this picture be from? I can't remember a time when Bryson was number 14 for us. In fact, Doyle has been number 14 for years. Maybe they had a trial run of some sort?

Edit: Scrap that, Adidas shorts... Probably shortly after he signed.

That is last years photo from there Preseason at the water centre they went to

Archived