Derby Players Back In Preseason Training

Shuff264

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell wasn't in the final 4... Get rid...

Not surprised,

I am guessing he is more fast twitch muscle anyway - so much like Tyson and Ward you wouldn't expect them to be strong in the bleep test.

I have no idea on what would be a good time to 'bottle out' though - I always assumed footballers should be in exemplary fitness so should be around the 20 mark.

which is around 4000 metres at bulding up to roughly a 18km/h speed is it not?

Not surprised,

I am guessing he is more fast twitch muscle anyway - so much like Tyson and Ward you wouldn't expect them to be strong in the bleep test.

I have no idea on what would be a good time to 'bottle out' though - I always assumed footballers should be in exemplary fitness so should be around the 20 mark.

which is around 4000 metres at bulding up to roughly a 18km/h speed is it not?

Don't care... Not good enough... Get him out...

I expected him to be at a solid second... Behind Bucko of course... who doesn't run backwards and forwards... he just gets the earth to move under him...

Terrible 'sideways' pass by Hughes, overrated :ph34r:

I thought it was perfect - allows the other player to take a touch, nutmeg the first defender, square the ball and then Jake lashes it into the top corner, bursting the net and smashing the stanchion.

firstdayback4x3129-883104_478x359

PUBLISHED

15:16 27th June 2013

by DCFC Media

Rams hit the ground running as pre-season training gets underway.

[indent]The real work starts once the balls come out, and we have plenty of work to get through in the next few weeks."

Nigel Clough

[/indent]

It was a case of 'out of the frying pan and into the fire' for Derby County's players during their first day of pre-season training on Thursday to kick off the build-up to the 2013-14 season.

Derby's squad reported in for an early-morning start at Moor Farm Training Ground and were put through their paces during a range of fitness drills throughout the morning, including the dreaded 'Yo Yo' test.

The footballs were out in the afternoon session as Nigel Clough and his coaching staff eased the players back into their daily routine, with the big kick-off against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday 4th August 2013 just 38 days away.

Clough said: "I don't think players look forward to the first day of pre-season and the fitness testing that goes with it, but we've assessed their fitness during selected days over the summer and knew they were in good shape.

“We’re happy with how they are fitness-wise but we have a responsible group anyway and we knew they would keep themselves in good nick.

"The real work starts once the balls come out, and we have plenty of work to get through in the next few weeks to make sure we are ready to go on the opening day of the season against Blackburn Rovers at Pride Park.

"We are conscious that the season starts in just over a month and pre-season will be building up to that, so we don't see any point in 'flogging' the lads.”

Mark O’Brien and Shaun Barker’s long-term knee injuries ensured they couldn’t take part, while Conor Sammon, Richard Keogh, Jeff Hendrick and Theo Robinson will re-join the squad next week after being given a few extra days off following their international commitments earlier this month.

The players will report in on Friday for another double session before having the weekend off to recover ahead of a full week of training next week.

Derby's first pre-season game is scheduled to be played on Saturday 13th July 2013, away to Irish outfit Bohemian in Dublin. 

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-back-in-the-groove-883112.aspx#h2L2tOFtFlIUV7As.99 

Archived