Help Cardiff City, Help Football

bluebirdbaker

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares if they rebrand the club.. In the US they're always making new franchises etc..

Clubs like Cardiff and Derby have very little history anyway.. Who cares if they change the colour of the shirts and sponsors etc. aslong as they improve the club in general..

In Cardiff's case your owners have just won you promotion and they've just made you become more wellknown worldwide.. Let them do what they want..

So you wouldnt care if they relocated the club to Cornwall as long as they were improving us?

People on here need to realise that Bris doesnt feel the same way about Derby that 90% of the people on here do. 

To Bris, it's purely about the football, nothing else matters, which is fair enough.

To others, the club are like a part of the family. It's more than just the football, it's the history, community, heritage and everything that comes with it.

So you wouldnt care if they relocated the club to Cornwall as long as they were improving us?

People on here need to realise that Bris doesnt feel the same way about Derby that 90% of the people on here do. 

To Bris, it's purely about the football, nothing else matters, which is fair enough.

To others, the club are like a part of the family. It's more than just the football, it's the history, community, heritage and everything that comes with it.

No, that was my point..

Cardiff are getting their knickers in a twist over the changing of the colour of their shirt.. Which is no way as bad as moving the club hundreds of miles away which is what they do in the US.. Atlanta Thrashers for example (based in Atlanta, Georgia) was then moved 1300 miles to Winnipeg in Canada... Can you imagine how peeved the fans of Atlanta Thrashers would be? It would be the equivalent of Derby moving to Bosnia..

I'm simply saying I can't believe how Cardiff (who have little history anyway) are getting all worked up over a badge chance and kit colour.. It's not like the owners are moving them to the other side of Europe..

The same goes for Derby... We have little history, so who cares if our owners change us from white to blue and change our Ram to a Ram with wings.. As long as we improve the side the club will always be the same regardless of kit colour and badge..

No, that was my point..

Cardiff are getting their knickers in a twist over the changing of the colour of their shirt.. Which is no way as bad as moving the club hundreds of miles away which is what they do in the US.. Atlanta Thrashers for example (based in Atlanta, Georgia) was then moved 1300 miles to Winnipeg in Canada... Can you imagine how peeved the fans of Atlanta Thrashers would be? It would be the equivalent of Derby moving to Bosnia..

I'm simply saying I can't believe how Cardiff (who have little history anyway) are getting all worked up over a badge chance and kit colour.. It's not like the owners are moving them to the other side of Europe..

The same goes for Derby... We have little history, so who cares if our owners change us from white to blue and change our Ram to a Ram with wings.. As long as we improve the side the club will always be the same regardless of kit colour and badge..

My points is, that a huge majority of the fan base would care.

It's how you feel about the club/football.

Bris, do us all a favour and support Manchester United.

You clearly have no respect for this club, and only focus is on winning - you're exactly the type of fan that is ruining the modern game, you deserve a club with players on big wages, who themselves are kind of a franchise.

You are no good for Derby County, and Derby County is no good for you. 

I'd rather be in the Conference with MY Derby than in the PL with some rich blokes re-invention. Derby County to me isn't a league position. It's the badge, the colours, the history, the trophies, the lack of trophies, the highs and the lows. It's all of them. If you take any of those things away it would alienate the club. The more you take the weaker the bond. Everything has to be there to make me support Derby. I don't mind players/managers and even owners coming and going. It's not those i identify with. I'm not loyal to any player or manager. Some of them I hold in high regard for serving the club well but I can soon hate them if they were to work against us. It's Derby County and all her faults and glories and humiliations and celebrations. Change anything in the core of DCFC and it loses the only permanence it has. It's identity slips. I'd lose interest.

I can see what Bris is saying though.

Above is how I feel. And I'd say at least half our fan base feel. Maybe not as many as you'd think tbh. Like Cardiff I think a lot of fans would just grumble a bit and stay on the train. But a good chunk would say '**** this, it's a new journey and not the one I invested my love into'.

But look at it from Bris view too. He's a purist. Football isn't about pride and heritage and whatnot to him. It's about winning and skill and glory. There's not much wrong with having that view. Perhaps it means he doesn't have quite the emotional attachment we do. I think Derby are his favourite team but he admits he's a football fan first.

The game is about winning. People say that all the time. In truth to some of us it's actually about pride. Winning is just the best way to be proud. But to many fans (Bris included) its about winning. Do you lads and lasses want to be stuck here losing to Watford to keep your white shirts and your sheep badge? Or do you want to be playing European Cup finals wearing Russian colours with the Soviet sickle stuck on your breast? Is it about winning or pride?

On this occasion Bris I have to say I'm against you. But I see your point and can't argue with it.

It hurt me when we left the BBG. That was my reason for signing up to this ****. 1995 v Tranmere (not even the glory years!) that was home. Now I have to endure this tomb they call Pride Park. It's not home. It's some typical arena that Derby have to play in. But I bet you'd say it holds 15,000 more people than the BBG. The potential for noise is greater. Its comfortable. It's modern and an improvement (or offers an improvement if fans made it so) on that run down dump stuck in the middle of a housing estate. It's not falling apart and can bring far more to the club than the BBG.

I can see both sides. In fact I think what you're saying makes more sense. Why couldn't we just get behind a new badge if it helps the club? We're still the same people after all. It's a badge ffs!

But, for some of us it's like your favourite chair. Your reliable Vauxhall Cavalier. Your 'comfy' shoes etc. there's better out there. But you just like the one you've got because it feels like home.

Isn't Evian where you get water from? I prefer Buxton myself.

Jake could market his pee - there are people into that sort of thing.

You clearly have no respect for this club, and only focus is on winning - you're exactly the type of fan that is ruining the modern game, you deserve a club with players on big wages, who themselves are kind of a franchise.

Absolutely superb comment. I too have absolutely no time for that faux fan who has no time for history. To me Derby County isn't just a club, and it certainly isn't a bloody franchise. It's part of the community, part of the heritage of the city of Derby AND Derbyshire. If it was moved hundreds of miles away, it wouldn't BE Derby County any more, in the same way that MK Dons is not and never has been Wimbledon. MK Dons is an abortion that survived, a monster sucked out of a womb with a sink plunger. It should have been strangled at birth.

What a ridiculous post..

Why would I want to support Manchester United? I have absolutely no ties to them whatsoever, I did not go with my Dad and brother and watch Man Utd on a Saturday afternoon.. I went to watch Derby County..

But that Derby County could have been playing in any league, using any football top, any badge, any players and at any stadium.. The ties were the same, I went wioth my family and friends wanting to watch good football and winning games..

How am I ruining the modern game?

I want my club to improve, I'm selfish in that I'd sacrifice the colours and badge to watch PL football with my club and have the best stars possible at PP.. But you'd also be selfish to protest and try and stop fans like myself wanting that just so you can keep the colour of the shirt the same or the badge..

I gaurantee that if Derby Coutny were playing in Blue tops and had more money buying better players in the PL there would be more fans walking through the gates than now.. Just like there is at Cardiff City

ffs it's Saturday night and I'm only 27. Why the fook am I posting that ***** on here? Can you buy a life on eBay?

I'm 19, don't worry.

But I have the excuse of none of my mates going out 'cos it's exam time and everyones boring.

.....but on the other hand, I'm a moderator of an internet forum. Swings and roundabouts eh.

IMO the badge and the colours doesn't make a club anymore than a house and car doesn't make a family.. It's the people is what counts..

Cardiff City will always be Cardiff City despite their badge and kit because of the people and community who follow them..

I'm 100% against franchising a club and moving miles away like the US, but I'm 100% for a rich person to improve my club and make them the best possible

IMO the badge and the colours doesn't make a club anymore than a house and car doesn't make a family.. It's the people is what counts..

Cardiff City will always be Cardiff City despite their badge and kit because of the people and community who follow them..

I'm 100% against franchising a club and moving miles away like the US, but I'm 100% for a rich person to improve my club and make them the best possible

People in a club come and go. It's the family itself that makes a family, so it's the club itself, not the players, who make it.

I see where you're coming from more now, you just worded it in a way which was easy to misunderstand.

To anyone outside of football and some people in it, like yourself, a badge is a badge and a kit is a kit. To some though, it just means way more than that. I'm one of those people. A Ram. My club's colour is white and either a very dark navy or full black.

I could probably withstand just a badge change, or just a colour change, but both together for the sake of it, because one man has come along and decided to break tradition in one board meeting, is just so ignorant and cowardly.

These things do matter and the only motivation behind it has been greed.

We could change next season to chocolate brown, amber and blue...our original colours. I wouldn't like it, in fact it would be repulsive, but it wouldn't be anything to get me to protest or sign a petition.

I'm also for a rich person coming in and improving the club, id be shocked if there someone who isn't. However if said person came in and removed the soul of the club, sacrificed everything is just for success then quite frankly he can feck off, that's not what I support.

And while we're on the topic of age, I'm 17 and have made over 5000 posts in under a year I am the saddest loneliest git on here.

Archived