Help Cardiff City, Help Football

bluebirdbaker

Cardiff have always complained about it, and as you all know, getting a cohesive protest together at a football club is easier said than done.

Now's the time to strike when their voice gets more exposure.

I was half-expecting a U-turn on the kit so I'm sure many Cardiff fans would too.

What I can't get over is fans buying the Red kit. Do one. Just please, do one, and never set foot in a football ground ever again, and go back to playing FIFA.

Petition signed.

Thanks so much!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby have won the FA Cup (the first post-war one, when they were probably the world's best team) and have two league titles to their name. They have played in Europe. They were one of 12 founder members of the first league for professional football in the world. Only 11 teams in the whole world have played in a league longer than us...if that isn't history, I don't know what is.

How on earth can you say they don't have history.

Cardiff are Wales' most successful football team with a history into three digits.

Bris, you say "who cares" - well, you might not, but clearly many do. If all you care about is the football, then that's fine.

But your comparison with the US is ludicrous, because our teams are "clubs" not "franchises". They're the pride of a community and they matter deeply to people and their families. It's a religion to some. My dad is a Derby fan, and his dad was too.

I support Derby, they're my team. If they upsticks and moved to Leicester, I wouldn't support them. They wouldn't be Derby to me anymore.

You have your opinion, fine, but you simply don't speak for the majority.

Talk about an overstatement..

Cardiff haven't upsticked and moved anywhere.. They've simply changed the colour of their shirts and badge.. Hardly a big difference, and they've finally gotten what they wanted..

I couldn't care less if Derby changed their shirt colour and changed their badge.. Aslong as we improve as a club..

And where did I say they have no history? Both have little history, and aren't known at all outside of Europe.. Well even 90% of Europe don't know who either are but that's not going to change with Cardiff thanks to their new owners..

And as for your family being Derby fans.. They can continue being Derby fans with a different colour shirt and badge..

And? That's hardly worth shouting about given other founder members are barely known in Scotland let alone other parts of Europe and outside of Europe..

Evian in France were formed 6 years ago and have already played in a major cup final and the top league..

We had the player that is generally recognised as the first superstar of football, won the first post war FA Cup, league champions twice and were probably the best team in Europe in the mid to late 70s. We also have the worst top flight record in English history. Not sure what the hell you are on about Evian for?

Talk about an overstatement..

Cardiff haven't upsticked and moved anywhere.. They've simply changed the colour of their shirts and badge.. Hardly a big difference, and they've finally gotten what they wanted..

I couldn't care less if Derby changed their shirt colour and changed their badge.. Aslong as we improve as a club..

And where did I say they have no history? Both have little history, and aren't known at all outside of Europe.. Well even 90% of Europe don't know who either are but that's not going to change with Cardiff thanks to their new owners..

And as for your family being Derby fans.. They can continue being Derby fans with a different colour shirt and badge..

You said little history, but little to whom? I never claimed Derby were big in Europe but we're well known in Derby...where it really matters, and to the people that matter.

Referring to moving and upping sticks, I was just commenting on your comparison with franchises which can do this. My point is clubs are different. Colours and badges evolve over time, but normally with reason, and this is just the whim of a certain owner who has brushed aside everything that came before him. It's the ignorance that riles me, as much as the act itself.

Yes, Derby could change their colours slightly and their badge but I support Derby County, nicknamed the Rams. It wouldn't feel like my club if we wore red and changed our nickname to something completely different...it just wouldn't. I want promotion for my club, not for something I don't recognise.

We had the player that is generally recognised as the first superstar of football, won the first post war FA Cup, league champions twice and were probably the best team in Europe in the mid to late 70s. We also have the worst top flight record in English history. Not sure what the hell you are on about Evian for?

Yeh I reckon many clubs could probably say the same..

I referenced Evian because they're a new club, whose in the top flight and just made a major cup final.. Derby on the other hand have done nothing for a long long time..

So, should the owners change the colour of our shirts and badge whilst putting $50mill into the coffers and getting us promoted I honestly wouldn't give a diddly squat..

I'd of course be fuming along with the next fan if our owners changed our colours and badge etc.. Because they're clearly not improving us as a club.. But I'd be 100% behind the owners doing what they want with the club (and this is important) aslong as they improve us..

I don't see how or why Cardiff complain in the way they do.. They're playing in the PL fo the first time and are miles better off than they were before their owners took over

A peaceful protest that started from Asda in Leckwith to the stadium.

They banned us from protesting near the stadium so we walked through the city last week

So after the promotion.

I would have thought if you were so opposed to the idea you would have boycotted buying shirts, not bought season tickets, protested after every game last season?

Yeh I reckon many clubs could probably say the same..

I referenced Evian because they're a new club, whose in the top flight and just made a major cup final.. Derby on the other hand have done nothing for a long long time..

So, should the owners change the colour of our shirts and badge whilst putting $50mill into the coffers and getting us promoted I honestly wouldn't give a diddly squat..

I'd of course be fuming along with the next fan if our owners changed our colours and badge etc.. Because they're clearly not improving us as a club.. But I'd be 100% behind the owners doing what they want with the club (and this is important) aslong as they improve us..

I don't see how or why Cardiff complain in the way they do.. They're playing in the PL fo the first time and are miles better off than they were before their owners took over

How could many clubs say the same?

There were only 11 or 12 founder members.

How can more than one club be the first post FA cup winners?

Were we or were we not the best team in Europe for a few years in the 70s?

Who else can claim that?

So Evian have been formed for 6 years and you are comparing their history to a team around for circa 130 years?

How could many clubs say the same?

There were only 11 or 12 founder members.

How can more than one club be the first post FA cup winners?

Were we or were we not the best team in Europe for a few years in the 70s?

Who else can claim that?

So Evian have been formed for 6 years and you are comparing their history to a team around for circa 130 years?

No we weern't the best team for a few years in the 70s or we'd have won more than 2 domestic titles and a European title.. Talk about an overstatement..

And the founder members.. So what? Given that other clubs that weren't founder members are far more historic than Derby County I don't think this really matters..

Who else can claim winning the first post FA Cup.. Well one team had to win it, it's a pity they haven't won one since.. Surely a historic club would and especially one that was apparently the best team in Europe for a few years during the 70s..

Derby County have very little history.. They're not a historic club, and if they were, they'd be known worldwide where in fact they're barely known in France.. So once again, I really wouldn't care if our owners changed our club colours if it meant playing PL football and actually attracting some decent players..

Who cares if they rebrand the club.. In the US they're always making new franchises etc..

Clubs like Cardiff and Derby have very little history anyway.. Who cares if they change the colour of the shirts and sponsors etc. aslong as they improve the club in general..

In Cardiff's case your owners have just won you promotion and they've just made you become more wellknown worldwide.. Let them do what they want..

Where do you start with a post like this..

English football is totally different in nature to US sport - its origins are much older & firmly established within the communities they operate in. It means something. US sport is frankly all about chasing cash.

Not even going to dignify the "Derby have little history" remark with a comment.

But best of all - the idea that someone throws a few quid at your club means they should be able to do what they want?! How about dogsh*t on the seats? Their son playing in the first team? Move the club to the other end of the country? Where do you want to draw the line...

No we weern't the best team for a few years in the 70s or we'd have won more than 2 domestic titles and a European title.. Talk about an overstatement..

And the founder members.. So what? Given that other clubs that weren't founder members are far more historic than Derby County I don't think this really matters..

Who else can claim winning the first post FA Cup.. Well one team had to win it, it's a pity they haven't won one since.. Surely a historic club would and especially one that was apparently the best team in Europe for a few years during the 70s..

Derby County have very little history.. They're not a historic club, and if they were, they'd be known worldwide where in fact they're barely known in France.. So once again, I really wouldn't care if our owners changed our club colours if it meant playing PL football and actually attracting some decent players..

Ok will you give me some examples of a club with history and how you are defining this.

If my club did something I disagreed with that strongly I would protest, bombard them with e-mails and send my season ticket back. Not turn up every week, celebrate promotion like nothing was wrong and then 3 weeks later start a petition.

You didn't read a word I wrote, did you?

As usual.

so if a Taiwanese trillionaire walked in and changed our colours to red, changed our name to derby Bangkok FC and our logo was changed to some random flower, you wouldn't care if it meant promotion. Honestly, I would. because that's not derby county, that's not the rams. that's a rich boys play thing, that's not the club I grew up loving.

And about history it may not be the grandest and it may have been from years ago but to derby fans it means something derby county won that competition, derby county founded the football league not derby dragons FC, it's our history that makes us who we are. Us derby fans are proud if our history you may think its nothing but to us, it's everything.

We? They?   Are you with us or with them?

Hell no!

Cardiff fans gave it the big un' on here throughout January regarding Brayford joining in "amatter of days".

Plus your always chanting anti England songs throughout the Country, which is abit hypocritical your now wanting us English to sign your pention..

Any other club (barring Forest and Leeds) and I'd sign happily.

Hell no!

Cardiff fans gave it the big un' on here throughout January regarding Brayford joining in "amatter of days".

Plus your always chanting anti England songs throughout the Country, which is abit hypocritical your now wanting us English to sign your pention..

Any other club (barring Forest and Leeds) and I'd sign happily.

The unthinkable has just happened...I liked one of your posts!

Archived