Help Cardiff City, Help Football

bluebirdbaker

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bluebirds-unite-conserving-ccfcs-identity.html

As you are probably aware, Cardiff City were rebranded. Totally rebranded.

Although we probably matter little to you, this sparks a new chapter in football that can affect every club. Even yours.

Please can you help out our cause and sign a petition. We are looking to fight back against the red and get our blue kit, and bluebird mascot back.

It takes in total about 30 seconds to sign it. PLEASE for the sake of football, don't just sit back and see what happens, take action and help the cause out.

It could happen to your club!! 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck. It's dreadful when a board think that they can ride rough-shod over a century of tradition, purely and simply to pander to the superstitions, customs and wishes of a new market in order to make a fast buck.

This was done at the beginning of last season, why are you only doing something now? Now the owners have got you to where you want to be you are revolting against them? Are you forgetting about the financial mess your owners saved you from? As much as I agree with your sentiments I think it is wrong that no great noises were made about this while you used your owners money to get to Premier League.

SillyBilly

I'd like to think we'd not allow the same situation to happen at PP.

I'd rather watch The Rams playing conference football than Derby City Yankees competing in the Prem.

Just goes to show... Promotion to the premier league and still moaning. If Derbys owners changed the teams colours i'd hope we'd all be rioting outside the ground.

Exactly. Seems to me like they kept quiet while the owners funded their promotion and now they have gained it they have decided they want their club back.

Cardiff have always complained about it, and as you all know, getting a cohesive protest together at a football club is easier said than done.

Now's the time to strike when their voice gets more exposure.

I was half-expecting a U-turn on the kit so I'm sure many Cardiff fans would too.

What I can't get over is fans buying the Red kit. Do one. Just please, do one, and never set foot in a football ground ever again, and go back to playing FIFA.

Petition signed.

To be fair to the considerable number of Cardiff fans who have protested, they've been drowned out by the glory-hunting, "don't rock the boat" crowd.

Mr Tan has played a blinder too by spending plenty of cash (loans he has charged to the club) whilst hinting that he may pull out if his various rebranding schemes are not appreciated. He's also trying the same tactics with Sam Hamman, who is owed a considerable amount of money by Cardiff still. I gather only then will Mr Tan convert the loans he has made to Cardiff into equity with the club.

Good luck true Cardiff fans - like the revolting MK Dons/AFC Wimbledon episode, its further evidence of a worrying descent into money dictating everything in our national sport.

Exactly. Seems to me like they kept quiet while the owners funded their promotion and now they have gained it they have decided they want their club back.

I was speaking to some Cardiff fans after we played them last year and they were pretty disgusted over the shirts/badge stuff, so I think that you are being a little unfair there.

I can also remember a lot of Derby fans being very upset over the badge change (from woolly to spiky Ram), and there was a huge uproar in recent years when the ram was 'corralled' inside a circle. We also had a colour change in the early 1970's to blue shorts, and that didn't go down well with some either. What we didn't do though was have a nickname change.

Who cares if they rebrand the club.. In the US they're always making new franchises etc..

Clubs like Cardiff and Derby have very little history anyway.. Who cares if they change the colour of the shirts and sponsors etc. aslong as they improve the club in general..

In Cardiff's case your owners have just won you promotion and they've just made you become more wellknown worldwide.. Let them do what they want..

I was speaking to some Cardiff fans after we played them last year and they were pretty disgusted over the shirts/badge stuff, so I think that you are being a little unfair there.i

I can also remember a lot of Derby fans being very upset over the badge change (from woolly to spiky Ram), and there was a huge uproar in recent years when the ram was 'corralled' inside a circle. We also had a colour change in the early 1970's to blue shorts, and that didn't go down well with some either. What we didn't do though was have a nickname change.

If my club did something I disagreed with that strongly I would protest, bombard them with e-mails and send my season ticket back. Not turn up every week, celebrate promotion like nothing was wrong and then 3 weeks later start a petition.

Who cares if they rebrand the club.. In the US they're always making new franchises etc..

Clubs like Cardiff and Derby have very little history anyway.. Who cares if they change the colour of the shirts and sponsors etc. aslong as they improve the club in general..

In Cardiff's case your owners have just won you promotion and they've just made you become more wellknown worldwide.. Let them do what they want..

Have very little history...other than being founder members of our national league? Not always as knowledgable about football as you tell us you are?

Yer just don't get this footie lark do yer Bris?

Derby have won the FA Cup (the first post-war one, when they were probably the world's best team) and have two league titles to their name. They have played in Europe. They were one of 12 founder members of the first league for professional football in the world. Only 11 teams in the whole world have played in a league longer than us...if that isn't history, I don't know what is.

How on earth can you say they don't have history.

Cardiff are Wales' most successful football team with a history into three digits.

Bris, you say "who cares" - well, you might not, but clearly many do. If all you care about is the football, then that's fine.

But your comparison with the US is ludicrous, because our teams are "clubs" not "franchises". They're the pride of a community and they matter deeply to people and their families. It's a religion to some. My dad is a Derby fan, and his dad was too.

I support Derby, they're my team. If they upsticks and moved to Leicester, I wouldn't support them. They wouldn't be Derby to me anymore.

You have your opinion, fine, but you simply don't speak for the majority.

Have very little history...other than being founder members of our national league? Not always as knowledgable about football as you tell us you are?

And? That's hardly worth shouting about given other founder members are barely known in Scotland let alone other parts of Europe and outside of Europe..

Evian in France were formed 6 years ago and have already played in a major cup final and the top league..

This was done at the beginning of last season, why are you only doing something now? Now the owners have got you to where you want to be you are revolting against them? Are you forgetting about the financial mess your owners saved you from? As much as I agree with your sentiments I think it is wrong that no great noises were made about this while you used your owners money to get to Premier League.

We've been protesting and campaigning from the start. Unfortunately its been hard to get our voices heard as protest are banned at the CCS.

No offense but you are a joke.

Archived