Callum Ball

What impact can you guys see Callum Ball making this season, and beyond?

He doesn't seem to have pulled up any trees this season at Coventry and seems to be behind Sammon, Martin, new addition and maybe Bennett and Ward for a place in the team. Another season on loan?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think conner doyle should be let go now

but i think callium ball has a lot to offer he strong and quick, but yes he has not manage to get into covertry team, but to be fair to him they have had two of 3 managers this season.

i think when he has played he scored at arsnal in the carling cup and he nearly one it for them. i think when he plays he shows he can be a danger to any side.

Big and strong, but also a natural born goalscorer. His training and commitment have always been questioned. I really hope he turns up for pre-season looking lean and hungry and gives the manager something to think about. It's definitely last-chance saloon, hanging on by his fingertips without the benefit of being the secret love-child of one of the owners.

He's a raw boned bugger. I said a while ago that I'd like to see Ball and Bennett/Ward at some point in the future, and I stand by it. Could be quite a succesful little and large combo.

Hope he gets a chance and stays with us - Doyle getting a year's extension should be inspiration enough for him.

He's a teenager, writing him off now is daft. In his position, with his style, it could be 7 or 8 years before it clicks for him (Grant Holt?).

He's got the attributes to make a career, but whether he'll break through here fast enough I don't know. I think they'll see how he goes pre-season and take it from there with either a fringe season here or a loan out. A year in League 2 with 40-odd games would do him no harm.

Ball reminds me of Mark Stallard in the 1990's. He couldn't cut it at this level but went on to have a solid career in the lower leagues. That's where I think Callum will end up, (maybe in a lethal partnership with Doyle?), but he has no chance at Derby in my view.

Archived