Callum Ball

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 goals in 44 games, he can't be that great a finisher.

i think he is myself, he takes his chances (very few of them mind you) well, but he's just not quick enough or intelligent enough to get into those positions at first team level.. Under 18's is completely different where the youth haven't developed physically enough so he seemed a world beater there with his size.

He does have height, which is good for when he's stacking shelves in Asda in a few years time...

He's a typical English player to get so far because of his size when playing against smaller youths. However, he doesn't have that level of skill or drive that would give him a chance at this level for me.

He'll end up in the conference at best before long...

He does have height, which is good for when he's stacking shelves in Asda in a few years time...

He's a typical English player to get so far because of his size when playing against smaller youths. However, he doesn't have that level of skill or drive that would give him a chance at this level for me.

Whatever you are doing for a living, give it up, because you are absolutely wasted in your current job. You really, REALLY need to get a job as a scout, or better still a coach - and I don't mean with a small outfit like Derby County. Only the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid or some other big club like Forest is good enough.

Whatever you are doing for a living, give it up, because you are absolutely wasted in your current job. You really, REALLY need to get a job as a scout, or better still a coach - and I don't mean with a small outfit like Derby County. Only the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid or some other big club like Forest is good enough.

Eddie,there really wasn't any need for that !

Very funny as it was tho ;-)

Paint me as a Forest WUM all you like Eddie.

If you think that he will make it at Derby, that's fine... I imagine you are still waiting for the likes of Marvin Robinson, Justin Phillips and Wayne Sutton to still make it too?

Played about 8 games for us around 1995 - was a central defender or central midfielder and was doing the business in the reserves. Unfortunately was rubbish in the first team and was eventually released - not sure he played for anyone thereafter...

Grant Holt...

Said this previously about Ball... Players like him don't come into their own until they hit 26/27... He's shown he's got a deft touch and an eye for goal every now and then... He's just got to learn how to be consistent... Like goalkeepers, his type of player don't mature as quickly as others, but they can play longer too since pace isn't in any way a part of their game...

Paint me as a Forest WUM all you like Eddie.

If you think that he will make it at Derby, that's fine... I imagine you are still waiting for the likes of Marvin Robinson, Justin Phillips and Wayne Sutton to still make it too?

When have I ever tried to paint YOU as a Forest WUM? Suggesting that you would make a magnificent talent scout or coach for a big club like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Forest etc is not accusing you of anything. I'm merely encouraging you to fulfil your maximum potential.

The crossing out of Forest would suggest that was implicit within your post.

I'll take up my scouting post with Barcelona the minute Callum Ball establishes himself as a quality Championship striker...

Nonsense.

The crossing out of Forest was for the benefit of people I know are Forest fans - like Top 6 and Bris who like to insist that they are big clubs every other post.

I have no idea whether Callum Ball will make it at any level - the point I was making was that some players develop later than others. Tony Book was almost 30 before he made his league debut, having bumbled around the Southern League for a decade. To write anyone off when they are barely out of their teens is (in my opinion) premature.

Nonsense.

The crossing out of Forest was for the benefit of people I know are Forest fans - like Top 6 and Bris who like to insist that they are big clubs every other post.

I have no idea whether Callum Ball will make it at any level - the point I was making was that some players develop later than others. Tony Book was almost 30 before he made his league debut, having bumbled around the Southern League for a decade. To write anyone off when they are barely out of their teens is (in my opinion) premature.

Quite

Robbie Savage is about 35 and he's still never had a decent game.

Quite

Robbie Savage is about 35 and he's still never had a decent game.

I can distinctly remember Robbie Savage having an excellent game for Leicester in about 2000.

Archived