Seven made available for transfer

admira

Still must be considered good signings as they were cheap/free and we must ignore the wages we paid for players who didn't play and who we'll end up paying off. Good business as always and once again a completely normal large turnover of players including ones signed this time last year.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that Tyson's signing might have had more to do with Tom Glick than Nigel.

His potential was ravaged by injury. Unfortunately this  reputation was compounded by events at Millwall and he could find it difficult to move on.  Nice guy. Promised much.  Body not up to the task .......................

I feel that Tyson's signing might have had more to do with Tom Glick than Nigel.

His potential was ravaged by injury. Unfortunately this  reputation was compounded by events at Millwall and he could find it difficult to move on.  Nice guy. Promised much.  Body not up to the task .......................

Potential? When he played he was poor, rest of the time he was injured, a total deadweight

Wtf did we sign o'connor for.....

Typical waste of time, papering over the cracks, type of signing that ends up costing us money.

Tyson was plagued by injuries at Forest. Constant niggles and knocks.

It's the same with James Vaughan. Everybody seems to be back on the Vaughan wagon again but don't be surprised if he knees play up again. I forgot how nice it was to spend about a year without Vaughan hype. Now it'll last another 3 years even if we don't sign him.

I want Vaughan the same amount I wanted Tyson.

Tyson's best performances came against us. I can only imagine Nigel wanted to sign THAT player

O'Connor's a decent right back, who can do a job at centre back, but can't play at left-back. He plays crap at left-back, and is then disposed of because of it. See Naylor for this explanation too.

I suspect he may go back to Donny, they couldn't afford to keep him which is why the got rid but they'll probably just take him on again now that they're back.

I do think its harsh that at times clough plays someone out of position, they have a nightmare and then they are disgarded. I know the players he has done that to aren't world beaters but naylor looked alright and no worse than some other squad fillers

I do think its harsh that at times clough plays someone out of position, they have a nightmare and then they are disgarded. I know the players he has done that to aren't world beaters but naylor looked alright and no worse than some other squad fillers

Alex and emj.

In my opinion Naylor wasn't discarded after playing out of position, he was discarded beacuse he was absolute tosh  two games in a row against teams he should have been above if he wants to make it at this level.

If you have the chance go back and watch the Chesterfield game where Naylor played right back. It was the worst performance I've ever seen from a defender who should be at least solid.

If you watch those games I think you've both got enough football nous to spot just how pants he was.

The Ssausagehorpe substitute minutes just confirmed that he had the potential to have a total nightmare, when I say a total nightmare, I mean to look like a schoolboy on the pitch.

If you're the manager and you see him perform like that against a League one and a League two club, how do you feel about throwing him back into the championship.

O'Connor as well  in his last few appearances looked like a scared rabbit in headlights. We need better than that.

I don't get it, we want him to improve us and we give him stick if he doesnt but the second he gets rid of a player not good enough the inquest starts.

I agree that Clough sometimes played people where he shouldn't have.

I distinctly recall Cywka being on the pitch.

Alex and emj.

In my opinion Naylor wasn't discarded after playing out of position, he was discarded beacuse he was absolute tosh  two games in a row against teams he should have been above if he wants to make it at this level.

If you have the chance go back and watch the Chesterfield game where Naylor played right back. It was the worst performance I've ever seen from a defender who should be at least solid.

If you watch those games I think you've both got enough football nous to spot just how pants he was.

The Ssausagehorpe substitute minutes just confirmed that he had the potential to have a total nightmare, when I say a total nightmare, I mean to look like a schoolboy on the pitch.

If you're the manager and you see him perform like that against a League one and a League two club, how do you feel about throwing him back into the championship.

O'Connor as well  in his last few appearances looked like a scared rabbit in headlights. We need better than that.

I don't get it, we want him to improve us and we give him stick if he doesnt but the second he gets rid of a player not good enough the inquest starts.

I'm not challenging his decision, merely stating that they were removed after very poor performances in positions that they don't usually play in.

Naylor was made to look like a school-boy, yes, because he was doubled up on in a position he doesn't play when he only came from Conference side Mansfield 6 months prior. No wonder he looked poor. At right-back the previous season he looked more than capable. Nothing extraordinary but he wasn't poor either. I cannot comment on the Chesterfield game as I simply wasn't there, but he managed a decent run of games in competitive Championship games and looked fine.

O'Connor, to my memory, didn't once play in the position we bought him to cover. He played centre half and looked ok, and left-back where he was poor against Leicester for example. Again, it's not his position. He was ok at centre-back, never to memory played at right-back, and then never seen again (though I believe he has also had several injuries this season aswell, which probably hasn't helped him either).

If they're being moved on, that's that. I have no opinion on it as it makes no diffrence. But they are being discarded after one or two poor performances out of position, and he was the one that signed these players, had them scouted etc. He must've known they wouldn't be great out of position.

If he wants to improve us then fair enough, but I feel they've probably been treated harshly, atleast in regard to where they've been played. And both of them arrived within the last 18 months remember, It's not as if he's moving out deadwood here, these were players he brought in fairly recently.

There don't seem to be too many players who improve with us....

Lots who stay still or go backwards.

Really, I'd argue there isn't many that go backwards but plenty that improve.

Even the 'failures' I mean Pringle is hardly playing for Ilkeston town anymore.

Naylor was played at left back against Chesterfield. However, he wasn't the only player who was abysmal that day...

I'll check that again Mayday and if I'm wrong I'll be back. I was 99% sure he played right back at Chesterfield and left back when he came on v's Ssausagehorpe. You're right about hin not being the only one who was abysmal. Bailey was total toilet as well.

We haven't seen him since either.

In that game we had trialists and youths as well as a sprinkling of players with first team experience, Naylor was worse than any of them. Bailey showed so little desire, he got tackled by the referee and I'm not joking. For someone looking to prove he's worth a spot in the first team or at least on the bench, they both massively shot themselves in the foot.

Some may think it's harsh, some may think I'm talking total tsticles but I believe a player should set certain standards in his performance, whether that's against chesterfield or against Barcelona.

You learn an awful lot about a players  character in these "nothing" games. If you're not up for it when you get your chance then that's that.

The second point. I've seen it hundreds of times, a player comes in gets through his first few performances on adrenalin and then can't quite maintain those levels. When you add that to the fact we've got Freeman who is head and shoulders above him, as back up to arguably the divisions best attacking full backin Brayford, then he's third choice and his transfer listing become something not even worth a second glance. We brought him because we thought he had potential, he did a decent enough job but he's not quite good enough to take us where we need to be, so we let him go.

Nothing more nothing less, no discarding at all just trying to take the first team squad forward.

Naylor was played at left back against Chesterfield. However, he wasn't the only player who was abysmal that day...

He played right back maydrakin.

from back to front, right to left.

Legzdins

Naylor, Gjokaj, Hendrick, and Hoganson

Davies, Doyle, Bailey, Ward

Riski and Barerra.

We lost the game 3-1 and we were bloody awful.

He played right back maydrakin.

from back to front, right to left.

Legzdins

Naylor, Gjokaj, Hendrick, and Hoganson

Davies, Doyle, Bailey, Ward

Riski and Barerra.

We lost the game 3-1 and we were bloody awful.

No surprised......hendrick cb and naylor rb

Doyle on the pitch......

Archived