Seven made available for transfer

admira

True, but my point is that all six were signed and all are now deemed as not good enough, which throws a question about NC's ability to pick out a good un!

Or it shows his ability to pick a player good enough to keep us up on a budget but they haven't developed enough to be part of the improving squad

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Booooo, me out"?

Y not, although I have seen you quote that so many times, Each time i have wondered what you mean......sorry.

Y not, although I have seen you quote that so many times, Each time i have wondered what you mean......sorry.

Dichotomy.

• 2 weeks later...

That's true but its going to be expensive for someone if for example he is still contracted to Derby for half a million quid in wages - someone's going to have to commit to paying him at least that (but possibly over a longer period). He's going to want a long contract given his age and appearances / injury ratio.

Summary - we'll probably end up paying him off in January 2014.

We didn't spend months on end chasing Tyson, was a free transfer so hardly a big risk or a disaster.

Dunno how much he'd be on wage wise, but he did more than Maguire; chased for months, paid Aberdeen a hefty amount of compensation and then farmed out on loan to the most skint club in the Country in Portsmouth six months later.

If Tyson gets tarred with the worse signing tag, then Maguire and Porter deserve a mention too. Although the latter wasn't to bad when fit.

Hope these players find clubs soon, reckon alot determines on them leaving for incomings deals occurring.

I'd have to say Nathan has been the biggest disappointment for me, out of all of the "mistake" signings.

Martin, Croft, Maguire, Tyson.

When we signed him, he had a real buzz about him. He was coming to prove a point, he wanted to play through the middle and we put a lot of faith in him being able to play more than he has. To be our goal scoring centre forward. The truth is, apart from a few 45 minute spells he hasn't really justified any kind of outlay for him. I like him as a lad, he comes across as very honest, but it definitely hasn't worked out for him or for us.

I don't think it's fair or right to include Sammon in that group. I do think he was over priced at 1.2m but that's not his fault. He's not a mistake, he's just expensive, so far.

He played a major part in our season last year. Of course 8 goals is not a great return for 1.2m but he's played a lot of football for us, he's never injured or crying off, he's played some lovely stuff in 45 minutes spells and at times has been the stand out player on the pitch, from either side. He puts an incredible shift in and never shirks. He earns his money.

I don't think Conor Sammon is a mistake at all. I think he's going to have to have a strong character if he's going to succeed at this level, cos he takes some incredible stick, I just fancy he's going to have a storming season.

I'd have to say Nathan has been the biggest disappointment for me, out of all of the "mistake" signings.

Martin, Croft, Maguire, Tyson.

When we signed him, he had a real buzz about him. He was coming to prove a point, he wanted to play through the middle and we put a lot of faith in him being able to play more than he has. To be our goal scoring centre forward. The truth is, apart from a few 45 minute spells he hasn't really justified any kind of outlay for him. I like him as a lad, he comes across as very honest, but it definitely hasn't worked out for him or for us.

I don't think it's fair or right to include Sammon in that group. I do think he was over priced at 1.2m but that's not his fault. He's not a mistake, he's just expensive, so far.

He played a major part in our season last year. Of course 8 goals is not a great return for 1.2m but he's played a lot of football for us, he's never injured or crying off, he's played some lovely stuff in 45 minutes spells and at times has been the stand out player on the pitch, from either side. He puts an incredible shift in and never shirks. He earns his money.

I don't think Conor Sammon is a mistake at all. I think he's going to have to have a strong character if he's going to succeed at this level, cos he takes some incredible stick, I just fancy he's going to have a storming season.

and I think playing for ROI against england will be a good kick up the arse and confidence boost for next season.

Tyson was injured in the Friendly against Villa after he signed. He's had injury problems. Cloughie was lauding him when he signed him and when he did get fit he scored against Sheff Wed 1st game in the season just gone and soon after was dropped. Made a few sub appearances and was sent on loan to Millwall and got injured for them. Could he still do a job for us if given a chance who knows but he's the same player he was when Cloughie signed him. Has he had a fair go with us. Theo is another Cloughie liked him now he doesn't want him why ? Same with Bailey.

I'd say both Theo and Bailey were bought o do a job and did it. Now we're moving on to better players. Not everybody is bought with the intention of playing for the club for 5 years

Archived