Seven made available for transfer

admira

TobyWanKenobi

What's the situation with Callum Ball now? Hardly set the world alight at Cov, doubt he's part of the plans.

Aslong as we replace those players with better players, I'm not fussed about any of them leaving. Clough hasn't always replaced players with improvements. 

Well no info says that he was 'made available for transfer' with this lot.

I assume that he is part of the plans, as he is only 20. He only went to Coventry as part of the Keogh deal really, and didn't have much help in a poor Coventry team.

I suspect he'll be given another season or two here to try and carve out a role as a solid target man, if not loaned out again.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in the long run that will happen, however when you consider development of players, it makes far more sense for players like Morch, Hanson and Lelan, to play 90 minutes on a Saturday for a youth team, than to watch 90 minutes from a bench, or play for 120 seconds at the end of the game.

There's plusses and minuses with either way. A player can feel 'part of the squad' so it's not a huge shock to the system when they are called up. A bit like being called up to an England training camp, just to get a feel of what it's about.

Personally, rather us keep Theo and get Doyle out on loan.

When I see Doyles name on the bench it hardly inspires me that there's goals on there, at least Theo scored his fair share off the bench.

Isn't Doyle leading scorer with the Development / U21 / Stiffs squad?

When he's ready he'll get a run out - if he's ready, that is. He's still young.

Probably sell the lot of them for about 1.2m. Add that to the Brayford money (I'm assuming he's pretty much gone now) and we should have a nice little transfer kitty, especially considering most of our targets are on frees.

Probably sell the lot of them for about 1.2m. Add that to the Brayford money (I'm assuming he's pretty much gone now) and we should have a nice little transfer kitty, especially considering most of our targets are on frees.

Shhhh. We are never allowed to have a 'nice little transfer kitty' if we did nobody would have anything to argue about on here.

Bailey reminds me of Xabi Alonso, playing style (and tan) wise. Just obviously nowhere near as good.

He reminds me of a young David Dickinson

Bailey - undisclosed

Theo - undisclosed

Tyson - nil

Naylor - nil

Fielding - undisclosed

Legzdins - undisclosed

Oconnor - nil

Total - approximately nil.

You're living in cloud cuckoo land, we couldn't give the players away on that list

Sorry to disappoint you but we paid fees for O'Connor and Naylor. The O'Connor fee was, we was lead to believe £150,000, Naylor about £50,000. As for the total being next to nil. Think you'll find Fielding and Bailey both cost £400,000. Legzdins was around £250,000, Theo not sure, but we signed signed Theo, Wardy and Fielding a couple of summers back and was told the combined cost was £900,000. Say £200,000 for Theo and £300,000 for Wardy. I make the total £1,450,000, a little more than approximately nil fella

Lol......

I'm talking about what we will get for them.........fella.

Callum Ball is the new Dean Windass.

Does that mean that Marin O'Neill is going to resign again?

(think about it)

What is more pertinent is the fact that the revenue generated from this little lot will not cover any incoming transfer fees apart from freebies, read into that what you will

From what I was told a few months ago, that is of no significance whatsoever.

Read into that what you will.

Archived