Thoughts on bringing Steve Davies back to pride park?

ForceIndy

Hi

New poster but long time follower, just wanted to gather fellow rams fans thoughts on the idea of bringing Steve Davies back.

I would love him to come back as I really rated him when he wasnt injured, I know the stories regarding the reason he left but I think he be such a waste in league one and would be very cheap! A proven goalscorer

Anyway whats your thoughts??? Be much better than Sammon but that isnt hard...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

judging by his (re)tweet aimed at the manager straight after leaving, I'm not sure he'd want to come back, and I doubt players and manager would welcome him back.

Whilst I have issues with the manager, I still expect all the players to be loyal to him and play for him.

So no thanks, move onwards and upwards

Oh ok I never knew he tweeted such things! well we should be looking at taking certain players from the clubs that will go down to get some bargains!

Hopefully Wolves or Blackburn go down! but then again can we afford anyones wages!!

Hi

New poster but long time follower, just wanted to gather fellow rams fans thoughts on the idea of bringing Steve Davies back.

I would love him to come back as I really rated him when he wasnt injured, I know the stories regarding the reason he left but I think he be such a waste in league one and would be very cheap! A proven goalscorer

Anyway whats your thoughts??? Be much better than Sammon but that isnt hard...

He didn't want to stay so I presume he wouldn't want to come back either.

judging by his (re)tweet aimed at the manager straight after leaving, I'm not sure he'd want to come back, and I doubt players and manager would welcome him back.

Whilst I have issues with the manager, I still expect all the players to be loyal to him and play for him.

So no thanks, move onwards and upwards

He said afterwards that it was a dig at people who kept asking him if he fell out with Clough.

I think we should try and get John O'Hare and Archie Gemmill back and what about Reg Harrison, :unsure:  why on earth would we want Davies back, he was injury prone and [allegedly] there was a certain amount bad blood between him and certain other players just before he left.

Players returning to clubs for second stint is rarely successful, although there are the odd exceptions to it.

haha, no he didn't... How can a retweet be a dig at fans? Especially with the tweet being something along the lines of 'working with a proper manager'.

Such a good "proper manager" that they were never out of the bottom 3 after October and he got sacked.

I'm glad our fans are such good judges of what a "proper manager" is. I'm glad Steven Davies is such a good judge of a club that he joined them.

Here's a very brief timeline of Steve Davies departure:

30th April - @Fourth_Official reports Derby County's Steve Davies set to be transfer listed after turning down two new contract offers

22nd May - Story become official, also become clear that it is due to family reasons. Thus he wants to move closer to home (Liverpool)  http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-15724101-detail/story.html

23rd May - Linked with Ipswich. Davies confirms interest. Announces he would be happy with that as he has family in Ipswich. 

30th June - Davies takes to twitter to assure Derby fans it is for family reasons that he is leaving. “Sorry guys and girls. Unfortunately I am leaving and I know people are sceptical but it is honestly for family reasons."

7th July - After being linked with Forest, Davies denies any interest saying he will never sign for the Red Dogs.

16th July - Ipswich out of the running for his signature. Can't afford the £1m fee the Derby want.

21st July - £600k bid from Briston City.

29th July - Rumours surface of differences between Shackell and Davies. They say Shackell shagged Davies' wife.

20th Aug- Joins Briston City

Later that day - Davies re-tweets this: @stevedavies2410 good luck , will be nice to play for a manager who not nil & void of tactics ,

Then: Steven Davies ‏@stevedavies2410

It was just a joke sorry DCFC

22nd September - Derby v Burnley: Derby fans sing: "He shags who he wants, he shags who he wants. Jason Shackell, he shags who he wants".

Why would we want him back?

Because he's better than any of our strikers?

I don't think he would want to come back or we'd even bid for him but he is a quality player at this level. Scored plenty of goals and he's playing for those shitters!

Archived