Thoughts on bringing Steve Davies back to pride park?

ForceIndy

I would like him back. They will find it hard to get promoted, as do many teams. Overall quality of opposition decreases but the difference between losing the vast majority of your matches and winning them is huge. We could potentially get him back for less than we sold him and I would welcome him back. He wins balls in the air, great at holding up, can and does shoot. I don't know the exact circumstances of why he left but I hope that we attempt to bring him back. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't many better strikers in the division, he has proved that over the last two years - for every two games he starts, he seems to score. We know he doesn't need a hatful of chances and has tweeted more than enough times he loves the club, I genuinely believe it was family reasons for the move.

I'd love him back, if you pull a Sammon/Savies hybrid though, I'd love to see that. Everything Sammon has, Savies needs... everything Savies needs, Sammon has, unfortunately players like that go for 10s of million, and don't play second tier football. 

You could pretty much guarantee that if we signed him he'd be injured again within his first couple of games haha. Although if there wernt any mitigating factors, yes I'd take him back on a cut price deal.

If he stays fit, you could see him bagging a hat full in league 1 and then who knows who might bid for him.

absolutely not. dreadful signing, mimimal contribution, injury liability, didnt give a toss about the team, lazy and disruptive.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same Steve Davies here?!?!!?

Minimal Contribution? -really? Double figures in goals last season, many being WINNING goals which got us points.

Injury liability? - this will be down to his contribution and effort for the team, given that no two injuries were identical. Nonsense

Didn't give a toss? - I saw him at both Doncaster and Forest tearing into the opposition to protect his team-mates.

Lazy - just.....<Bananas>... playing the lone striker is a tough role, and anyone who has played it for us has been called lazy!

Disruptive? -  I'd like you to clarify that? As far as I can see, whenever in the company of Derby players, Davies was a massive part of team spirit and one of the main boys.

Not saying I want him back, but your judgment is nonsense.

I was watching SSN last night,and it showed Bristol City players walking off the pitch to "Always look on the bright side of life"

Fair play,at least the announcers got a sense of humour !

O'Driscoll wasn't very impressed in his interview afterwards, he was seriously p1ssed with off it, said playing the song  'lacked professionalism'. I don't think the announcer will be trying that one again.

People seem to have rose tinted memories of Davies, I think mainly because he hated forest!

Good player, constantly injured and only looked like he was bothered in his final season. I like him, but there are much, much better players out there.

Has had a good season.

Slagged off forest on twitter

Don't suppose we'll find out why he left but....obviously it was his decision.

Next.

People seem to have rose tinted memories of Davies, I think mainly because he hated forest!

Good player, constantly injured and only looked like he was bothered in his final season. I like him, but there are much, much better players out there.

I think the grass is always greener on the other side. Tyson and Theo seem to be much higher rated now than 6 months ago. They don't even get a kick do they?

Personally though I always rated Steve Davies. With the ball down on the deck he's quite a capable striker. My favourite player when he was here. I think there are better strikers available to a club like us. But you can do a lot lot worse too.

His injuries tended to be impact injuries too. I always understood that its down to luck with those.

I genuinely don't think there are much better strikers in this division than Davies...

last two seasons he has 39 starts and 23 goals... Obviously injuries are a problem, but he gets goals... better than 1 in 2.

Didnt realise his record from starts was so good.

Not exactly old and hasn't exactly played for top sides either.

Shame he felt the need to leave. Bet he doesn't kick a ball in League 1

I genuinely don't think there are much better strikers in this division than Davies...

last two seasons he has 39 starts and 23 goals... Obviously injuries are a problem, but he gets goals... better than 1 in 2.

Now thats impressive stats..

Im sure bristol will be selling, if you read the article from Derbycountyblog they are in an awful situation financially. Thats why i thought we should take advantage of trying to bring him back.

Sold him for £650K  could get him for around £300k. one thing for sure he wont be playing in League 1 but he will def be playing in the championship next season.

Archived