Chris Humphrey

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally

I have been mentioning this guy for ages.

Unreal pace

But also has composure

Low wages

On a free

Surely we can beat newco rangers in a wage contract offer battle.

Out of interest, how often do you watch motherwell.. not having ago, but i'm pretty sure no-one would know to much about him. 

and Newco Rangers is the biggest con in modern football, as they could definitely compete with us for wages. 

I have seen him play on a couple of occasions that is all I have. What I can say from that is that his physical attributes are not the only part to his game.

He would be worth a go on a free.

As for competing with rangers surely they cant compete with us they are broke.

I have seen him play on a couple of occasions that is all I have. What I can say from that is that his physical attributes are not the only part to his game.

Rangers can easily compete with us in terms of wages, last I heard they were moaning about being wage capped to 7 grand a week.. which is what our wage cap is, from what I've heard anyway.

Rangers can easily compete with us in terms of wages, last I heard they were moaning about being wage capped to 7 grand a week.. which is what our wage cap is, from what I've heard anyway.

It's all rumours.

I think playing in England might be quite a big attraction. Especially with rangers being in the third tier.

Would agree, would be a useful player, anyone know much apart from him being quick, delivery etc?

I keep up to date with the SPL and try and watch as many games as I can so I know a fair bit about him.

As has been said, his main attribute is his speed. Honestly, it's blinding. His acceleration is also unreal, he's up to top speed in like a second and he's away from the defender. It's really very impressive to watch.

He's got a good shot on him too. And his crosses are alright, I know for a fact he's set up HIgdon in particular for a few headed goals this season.

There are a lot of flaws in his game too though, most of them quite common in wingers. He can be very selfish (shooting from unrealistic angles or distances) and his goalscoring record is pretty woeful. His touch can be a bit off sometimes too.

Definitely worth a punt though. He'll really add another dimension to our team.

Well, they are debt-free and get 45,000 to each home game.

I keep up to date with the SPL and try and watch as many games as I can so I know a fair bit about him.

As has been said, his main attribute is his speed. Honestly, it's blinding. His acceleration is also unreal, he's up to top speed in like a second and he's away from the defender. It's really very impressive to watch.

He's got a good shot on him too. And his crosses are alright, I know for a fact he's set up HIgdon in particular for a few headed goals this season.

There are a lot of flaws in his game too though, most of them quite common in wingers. He can be very selfish (shooting from unrealistic angles or distances) and his goalscoring record is pretty woeful. His touch can be a bit off sometimes too.

Definitely worth a punt though. He'll really add another dimension to our team.

His touch can be a bit off? He'll fit right in then!

CHRIS HUMPHREY is ready to snub every offer that comes his way this summer — and pledge his future to Motherwell.

As SunSport revealed yesterday, Derby County are the latest club to declare an interest in the winger.

Sheffield United and Rangers are also keeping tabs on the jet-heeled Jamaican international.

But Humphrey is settled in Scotland after four fabulous years at Fir Park. And with Well on the verge of a return to Europe, Humphrey last night revealed he’s in no hurry to quit the club.

The 29-year-old insisted: “There have been a couple of sniffs and people speaking to my agent, but there’s nothing rock-solid.

“It’s just a case of trying to play well until the end of the season and seeing where that will take me. I’ve been here for four years now and it’s been brilliant.

“This is the best club I’ve been at in my career and I’ve definitely played more football here than anywhere else.

“If the club want me to sit down and talk to them, then I’ll be more than happy to do that.

“I’d like to see what their offer will be and then speak to my agent about it. You keep your options open because you never know what might happen.

“My family will come into it as well — my kids are settled in nursery.

“That’s why, if there’s an offer from Motherwell and another one from somewhere else, we’d need to sit down as a family and decide what we want to do.

“If the offer was right, I’d like to stay here, definitely.”

Well boss Stuart McCall will hold talks with all of his out-of-contract stars next week.

The likes of Humphrey, top scorer Michael Higdon and fans’ favourite James McFadden could all be offered new terms for next season. - http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4875575/Im-not-saying-fareWell.html

How old actually is he? That article says 29

Would much rather have Nicky Law, was quite impressed by him at Rotherham

He's 25, don't know where that article got that info.

Agree with Nicky Law too, seems like a quality player.

Rangers are still a big attraction, especially for young players. Realistically they will be back in the SPL within 3 years, and likely competing for titles once again within 5 years, unless of course their playing down here by then.

Archived