Connor Doyle getting a new contract.

joeb93

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two Q and A's tonight in Belper. 

In fact one should be starting now.

Somebody should ask if they are going, if they read this message.

Doyle getting a new contract shouldn't really be too much of an issue though really he will be on nothing compared to someone like Tyson or Robinson. 

Can someone put him on the spot, and ask him how or why do the board / Derby County expect to gain promotion and be competitive on a much smaller budget than everyone else.

Are we hoping to sign gems, for us to develop 4/5 youth players in the near future that will be better than anyone we have previously developed or basically just hoping that other teams make bad decisions and we don't? 

I find it hard to understand how anyone can say, Derby County deserve to be top 6, because no-one can. 

Would giving Doyle a new contract actually convince anyone to not renew their season ticket, or to stop going to the games?

If not, why are people getting so worked up about it?

The lad's American, our owners are American, and I'm sure that they would love to have an American in the team (or at least close to it) for no other reason than wanting to raise the profile of Derby County a little back home. Can you really blame them for that? 

Why slate him off? The lad has never had the chance to play in his natural position and gets played on the wing, when he isn't a winger. And it's not as if he's on mega bucks.......

Who me?

I didn't slate him

Can someone put him on the spot, and ask him how or why do the board / Derby County expect to gain promotion and be competitive on a much smaller budget than everyone else.

Are we hoping to sign gems, for us to develop 4/5 youth players in the near future that will be better than anyone we have previously developed or basically just hoping that other teams make bad decisions and we don't? 

I find it hard to understand how anyone can say, Derby County deserve to be top 6, because no-one can. 

I expect Blackpool (when they loaned a load of players and tanked Forest) will be the answer to that question.

The consensus in many of these threads seems to be that if someone isn't directly knocking on the first-team door, we ought to 'get rid'. It's not always a good idea to be so hasty. Last season, people were saying that we ought to get rid of Jake - but of course he's now on his way to 'legend' status.    

You're right. I can remember lots of posts about Buxton being nothing more than Non League material. Plenty like that about Brayford too at the time if I recall correctly. I think I'll back Clough's judgment rather than those who think they know more than he does. That said, oddly enough, he doesn't always get things right. Perhaps he's human. :)

Man Utd fans still question some of Ferguson's decisions regarding players. 

We all think we know better than people who have spent their entire life in football. That's how it is. If the account on t'other thread is true then Clough wants to give Doyle one more season, no gamble involved because of the low wages. 

Not really major news tbh.

If the lad comes good then its a great piece of work.

Archived