Connor Doyle getting a new contract.

joeb93

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAM RUSH CONFIRMED AT Q'A

Ok, there's no need to shout at me.

Why don't you post a rough summary of the evening you attended in the Sam Rush Q&A thread? That will be better than announcing some new news then shouting people down when they ask where you've heard it...

Derby fans - it's what we do.

I wonder what 50% of our fans would have thought years ago when we kept a player like Peter Daniel on the books for a number of years without him getting a game until Roy McFarland got crocked? He then came into the side and performed so well that he won Player of the Season (just like Jake Buxton ought to this year).

Didnt he play over 100 times before coming into the side for Roy though ?

Im sure Im wrong and you wouldnt be quoting something just to prove a point though :)

Don't get the hate for him, we don't see him regularly enough to see how he's progressing, and the fact we're probably paying him $10 a week helps

thats the point. why give him a new contract for not playing. I would happily fill his space for free.

Why slate him off? The lad has never had the chance to play in his natural position and gets played on the wing, when he isn't a winger. And it's not as if he's on mega bucks.......

What is the point to keep him? I can see another couple of youngsters who will be ahead of him in the percking order next season in Charles Vernam and Kwame Thomas.

Maybe he's one on of 'the strikers' for next season.

If he's going to get game time it's a good move - he's probably fairly cheap compared to buying someone else. Maybe Robinson and Tyson being shipped out will give him the go he needs (can't say deserves as I haven't seen him). It'd be a quite remarkable turnaround if he does manage to become a regular.

If he doesn't though, it's a wasted bench space, and we shouldn't have bothered giving him a new deal.

I have no opinion on Doyle getting a new contract, for me he is a better option than Ball but whenever he gets his chance he seems to **** himself as soon as he makes a mistake. 

He was very good on his debut against PNE, aside from that I have only seen below par, unconfident performances from him. I did get told that Doyle is usually one of the best, if not the best player in training - maybe he should get a run out sooner rather than later when the pressures off. 

Whilst I'm always one for nurturing young talent, if Doyle hasn't managed serious game time during 3 seasons of injury crisiseses, then I cannot see him offering much going forward.

These poor quality squad fillers are exactly what we don't need at Derby.

People are quick to point to a 'paper-thin' squad, and by giving players (that have no chance of playing) contracts on a whim, you're papering over the cracks.

That said, I've only seen about 30 minutes total of him during the last couple of seasons, and he looked like he didn't belong on a football pitch. If he was good enough, he'd have played more by now.

Didnt he play over 100 times before coming into the side for Roy though ?

Im sure Im wrong and you wouldnt be quoting something just to prove a point though :)

No, you're not wrong at all.

He was at Derby from 1965, and played for about 2 full seasons under Tim Ward before Brian Clough arrived. Not all the time - we had Phil Waller and Bobby Saxton, and of course Ronnie Webster was pushing for a few starts as well. There was also Peter Stone who many thought would become a real class act, but funnily enough he never made it onto the pitch for the first team. Daniel was dropped from the first team as soon as McFarland arrived, and Supermac retained his place right through Cloughie's era of course.  So yes, he had played quite a number of games before coming in as cover for Roy. I wasn't very clear in what I was saying - I should have said that he hardly got a game when McFarland was fit.

The consensus in many of these threads seems to be that if someone isn't directly knocking on the first-team door, we ought to 'get rid'. It's not always a good idea to be so hasty. Last season, people were saying that we ought to get rid of Jake - but of course he's now on his way to 'legend' status.    

Errrnnn, what about this man?

"http://s004.radikal.ru/i206/1304/15/75ef34ce3dc2" alt="75ef34ce3dc2">

I thought he was the best U21 (reserve) player by a ****** mile still not good enough for the first team.

He was young, he was cheap blah bla bla. Still ***** out by Clough. Why Conor Doyle is still here?  

We actually gave him a contract extension in February 2011, three months later he was told to leave.

Ok, you've got 10 mins to show me a link to Conor getting a new contract.

Has he agreed a new contract? Has it been offered yet? Has he signed it?

Or GTFO, again.

Tick tock tick tick.

We have a rule on transfer rumours, I can see how this is any different?

Archived