Connor Doyle getting a new contract.

joeb93

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"At the end of the 2011–12 season, it was announced by the club that Doyle would be retained by the club for the 2012–13 season.Clough said in an interview in July 2012 that he expected Doyle to impress this season, saying "This is the season where if he's going to do it, he's going to have to blossom."He also expected Doyle to feature more in matchday squads.

Looks like Doyle is getting yet another chance then....

Anyone can look good playing against a load of 16 year olds, look at Calum Ball for example; scored for fun in the reserves and yet still can't get in the frame at a poor league one side.

"At the end of the 2011–12 season, it was announced by the club that Doyle would be retained by the club for the 2012–13 season.Clough said in an interview in July 2012 that he expected Doyle to impress this season, saying "This is the season where if he's going to do it, he's going to have to blossom."He also expected Doyle to feature more in matchday squads.

Anyone can look good playing against a load of 16 year olds, look at Calum Ball for example; scored for fun in the reserves and yet still can't get in the frame at a poor league one side.

Under 21 ones is a different ball game in fairness - most players range between 18-21, and then 3 older players. I've heard good things about him in training, and as Clough said he is on the same level as Hoganson, Gjokaj...etc for what it's worth, sounds like we're waiting on a break-through season, he needs to be more confident if he is going to make it though - I know that in training he is as good as anyone in our team (this comes from someone who works there day in day out) but whenever his had his chance on the pitch bar the PNE away game where he looked very good

Doyle is, what, 22 now? If he's made no significant impression on the 1st team at that age, having been here for about 3 years, it's time to let go. I don't think his career is in professional football, but good luck to him whatever the case.

I think if I changed my name to Connor I would get in the Rams team.

Why is it that we're so set on keeping Doyle yet we let Theo and Tyson go out on loan when we didn't really have sufficient cover for Sammon/Martin? If we knew we were going to keep him for another few years, either play him or ship him out to ease the wage budget. 

Why is it that we're so set on keeping Doyle yet we let Theo and Tyson go out on loan when we didn't really have sufficient cover for Sammon/Martin? If we knew we were going to keep him for another few years, either play him or ship him out to ease the wage budget.

Has there been anything official about him getting a new contract? Iys only rumours that the club are keen to keep him

Why does it look like he's getting another chance?

Archived