Forsyth, well up to now not sure yet 

Midfield and Strikers

Hendrick has done well

Hughes has done well

Coutts ok

Bryson ok but injured a lot 

Ward done well injured a lot

Bavies ok when played

Jacobs, no idea ok at times                                                                                                       

Bennett not seen him

Sammon ok at times poor goals return                                                                                                       

Robinson and Tyson poor both out on loan

Martin ok not seen him enough yet                                                                                  

Nigel and coaching staff have done ok  next season will be the defining one now   

Summing up glad we are not going down but still want more than we have achieved this season

TOP 6  PLEASE

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a bit tidier now ;)

Fair comments really - everyone's been "ok" overall. Most of them have proved to us in purple patches that they can be good players at this level. A bad spell looked like we were going to have another lower-midtable season, but three successive wins and we're back where we were as in that small group that's "best of the rest" this season.

We still haven't got the foundations properly sorted out yet - next season, I'd like more consistency and improved away form, more than I actually want top 6. Better to finish 7th with no obvious weaknesses for the season after than to crawl into 6th on our home form alone, win the playoffs and then get our weaknesses exposed on MOTD every week.

The way we have played there have been periods where there has been substantial improvement over previous seasons - there has also been the one usual catastrophic spell of eight or so games where results have undone all the previous good work. The squad being painfully thin has had something to do with that of course - injured players cannot always be replaced 'like for like' -but it gives the opportunity for others to come in and stake a place - Freeman is the latest to demonstrate that he probably has what it takes.

It has been by and large a season of 'what ifs' - until yesterday's win over the dirties we were still too close to the basement for comfort. I don't necessarily agree with those who say that it is a 'poor' championship - but I do agree with those who say that we could  have done with an injection in January to give us a chance of making the playoffs.

As far as it being a good season to be a Rams fan - no, not really. I find myself more disgusted with some of our own fans at times as opposed to being angry at players, management or board. I can understand the investors not wanting to throw good money after bad, and I think that Clough has done probably as well as he could have done given the investment available to him. No matter how poorly a player is performing, I would rather get behind them in the forlorn hope that my encouragement might help them to perform better, because the alternative (booing them) is definitely not going to improve the situation, neither is it going to persuade the manager to select someone else.

Compared to what I expected, I'll give the whole 'being a Rams fan' experience a not-that-impressive 6/10. 

Yes and no is the answer.          

Both Goalkeepers done  ok

Defence

Brayford has done well

Jimmy ok

Gjokaj, not seen him much

Freeman, ok when asked

OB, mostly injured but ok when in

Keogh has done well

Bucko, ok when not injured or sent off       

Roberts,  ok when not injured 

Hoggy, ok, not seen him much

Forsyth, well up to now not sure yet 

Midfield and Strikers

Hendrick has done well

Hughes has done well

Coutts ok

Bryson ok but injured a lot 

Ward done well injured a lot

Bavies ok when played

Bennett not seen him

Sammon ok at times poor goals return                                                                                                       

Martin ok not seen him enough yet                                                                                  

Summing up glad we are not going down but still want more than we have achieved this season

TOP 6  PLEASE

Ah, a review nice.

Fielding: spent most of the season on the bench, but has done well when called upon - 7/10

Brayford: probably shy of his first year, but much better than last. Will be a contender for POTY - 8/10

Roberts: started the season well but has definitely dipped from the new year - 6/10

Bryson: hasn't been as good as last season, but still done well when he has been fit - 7/10

Buxton: has had his best season here, without a doubt - my vote for POTY - 8/10

Keogh: has had to fill some pretty big shoes left by Shackell, and hasn't disappointed hasn't done better though - 7/10

Coutts: much like Roberts, started so very well but has definitely faded since turn of the year - 6/10 

Hendrick: started the season appalling, came from his little enforced break a different player - 7/10

Ward: hasn't played much this season, but has performed very well when he has another POTY contender - 8/10

Jacobs: early on the season showed a lot of promise during his brief performances, slightly dried up late on - 6/10

Legzdins: broke himself into the team, and didn't really put a foot wrong - 7/10

Doyle: needed to show himself a bit more this season, done well in the u/21s but hasn't put himself in the first team picture - 3/10

O'Brien: again another player who has been out through injuries, which is looking increasingly likely for him - 4/10

Jimmy O'Connor: Not a big fan, good footballing defender but bad defending defender - 5/10

Ben Davies: had a very good year for me, done well when given the chance but hasn't managed to force himself more - 6/10

Will Hughes: started so very well, but been very similar to Coutts but showed more promise - 7/10

Bennett: got his first goal, hasn't come on as much as I had hoped but he is going in the right direction - 5/10

Gjokaj: stood out for me in pre-season, and has impressed when given the chance, another one with promise - 6/10

Hoganson: He has showed a bit of promise, perhaps a bit to soon for him to play week in week out though - 5/10

Freeman: not played much, but showed real promise and potential - 6/10

Saul Deeney: no closer to the first team than me, times about up - 4/10

Conor Sammon: The work-rate and effort put in has been good, he has created chances and caused problems. All in all needs to score more goals though! - 6/10

Players on loan:

Tyson: done very well during his slight chances this season but gone out on loan and understand why and got injured - 6/10

Theo Robinson: started well, dried up and then loan out and having an horrific time at HTFC - 5/10

Tom Naylor: this time last season I expected so much more from him, disappointed me with his progress - 4/10

James Bailey: I like him as a player, not done too much at coventry and looks like his DCFC is over - 4/10

Callum Ball: question marks over him as a player has only been made worse by not performing at a lower level - 3/10

Forsyth: done well at left back since coming in, surprised me - 6/10

Martin: good tidy footballer, not hard working and needs to score more for me though - 5/10 

That's my take on matters.

• 4 points against forest
  • 6 points against Leeds
  • 8th in the table with 7 first team injuries - who knows where we could be if they are fit soon?
  • Improving on the pitch
  • Hughes, Hendrick, Bennett shown promise for the future

There's alot of room for improvement, but I'd say in comparison to the last couple of seasons, it's been a good one, yep.

Yes and no is the answer.          

Both Goalkeepers done  ok

Defence

Brayford has done very well

Jimmy terrible ok

Gjokaj, not seen him much

Freeman, ok when asked

OB, mostly injured but poor ok when in

Keogh has done very well

Bucko, ok when not injured or sent off       

Roberts,  terribleok when not injured 

Hoggy, ok, not seen him much

Forsyth, well up to now 

Midfield and Strikers

Hendrick has massively improved and done very well

Hughes has done very well

Coutts poor ok

Bryson good ok but injured a lot 

Ward done very well injured a lot

Bavies good ok when played

Bennett not seen him

Sammon ok good at times, also very poor at times. poor goals return                                                                                                       

Martin good not seen him enough yet                                                                                  

TOP 6  PLEASE

Cba making my own so I just changed yours...

It hasn't felt like a good season, maybe if I only saw the home games and didn't have to put up with the frequent away day blues I might have a different view on it. 

Still, if we finish 10th or above then this season will seem like it's been a good one overall. We all know we need to improve and we all know where exactly... just bugs me that if we'd of become even half decent away from home this season then we'd be in with a shout at a PO spot. A serious shout. 

20 years from now, will I remember this season? Unless we sneak a play-off place and play at Wembley, not really. Not a terrible season, but no a great one.

Exactly true, I think back and all of the seasons which do I remember the most, from a coherent memory from around 2001/2002

• The season where we was the worst team in history - my most capped season, as a supporter. The most memorable for me by a long way, can even remember many of our goals and who played well against us, and who didn't! 
  • The promotion season, can remember that very well! 
  • The first relegation to the 'division 1' - mainly the man utd game where we got cheated out of a 3-2 home win. little hazy..
  • The survival season which involved leon osman, is on a par with the play-off season under Burley. 

Apart from that (and obviously the last couple seasons) I struggle to really remember our position, performances...etc just the odd games, like our win against forest 3-2 (at their place) and beating man utd 1-0 in the league cup semi final...etc This season I will remember in the short term, for the football we played at times, just like last season I will remember in the short term the incredible start to the season we had along with Southampton and Brighton. 

• The season where we was the worst team in history - my most capped season, as a supporter. The most memorable for me by a long way, can even remember many of our goals and who played well against us, and who didn't! 

You remember "many" of our goals? Even if you remember all of them, that's not "many". I think I can remember all of our shots that season (my favourite being Darren Moore's bicycle kick which went out for a throw in).

As for who we played well against...that's Newcastle, Pompey, United and Liverpool. The other games were all woeful.

Crikey, that season is memorable. I can't forget it. It still keeps me up at night.

We don't play good football

We don't have any flair

We don't have a chance of promotion

We don't win many games away from home

We don't dominate teams

We don't score many from open play

We don't keep many clean sheets

We don't string good passing moves together

We don't have a nice kit

We don't make any headlines

Has it been a good season for Rams fans?

HELL NO

We don't have any flair

We don't dominate teams

We don't have a nice kit

Has it been a good season for Rams fans?

HELL NO

...what?

We have played pretty good football, particularly with Hughes on the pitch

We're scoring in most of our games (Equal 5th best in the league in this regard)

We're scoring freely overall (Equal 4th most goals in the league)

We were for a time talked about in the media as playoff contenders

We're scoring more than we're conceding (9th best in the league)

We're not losing many games (equal 8th in the league)

We have dominated games this season

We don't win many less home games than other teams outside the best few away records (we've won 4, most teams have won less than 6 (median value is 5)

We're not making bad headlines either

I don't see what's wrong with our kit

Has it been a good season? Maybe, maybe not, it's been a season with some progress, but it really depends on what you wanted from the start.

Its been about the same as last year, but maybe this season will be remembered for......

Alberts graphs

Steves poems

Boycies puns

Bris's moaning

B4s optimism

Daveo's poo

Eddies Old Reliable

Gritstones Likes

Junior boycies defection to man utd

The barmaid

Horse meat

Frasier

Badgeman

The Ram

Ladyrams recipes

Buttheads 5" double refractor

Etc etc

Oh, and there was some football too

( good title for a book, that)

We don't have any flair

We don't dominate teams

We don't have a nice kit

Even by your standards your wind up posts get worse.

On one hand you say we dont do the above, on the other you say bring in Neil Warnock, someone who has never played the tick-tacky football you so admire, Im sure you are a tree hugger, with the posts you make, there can't be any other explanation.

Its not been a good season for me either, but only because its been predictable, win a few, go on a losing streak, finish mid table once again, and still no closer to promotion than the previous season.

The way we have played there have been periods where there has been substantial improvement over previous seasons - there has also been the one usual catastrophic spell of eight or so games where results have undone all the previous good work. The squad being painfully thin has had something to do with that of course - injured players cannot always be replaced 'like for like' -but it gives the opportunity for others to come in and stake a place - Freeman is the latest to demonstrate that he probably has what it takes.

It has been by and large a season of 'what ifs' - until yesterday's win over the dirties we were still too close to the basement for comfort. I don't necessarily agree with those who say that it is a 'poor' championship - but I do agree with those who say that we could  have done with an injection in January to give us a chance of making the playoffs.

As far as it being a good season to be a Rams fan - no, not really. I find myself more disgusted with some of our own fans at times as opposed to being angry at players, management or board. I can understand the investors not wanting to throw good money after bad, and I think that Clough has done probably as well as he could have done given the investment available to him. No matter how poorly a player is performing, I would rather get behind them in the forlorn hope that my encouragement might help them to perform better, because the alternative (booing them) is definitely not going to improve the situation, neither is it going to persuade the manager to select someone else.

Compared to what I expected, I'll give the whole 'being a Rams fan' experience a not-that-impressive 6/10. 

That's an excellent assessment Eddie, exactly what I would have said, only now I don't have to bother!

Archived