April Games

Scott129

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last goal is kind of irrelevant given that a low scoring draw will take Barca through.. PSG need to win in Barca and I seriously doubt that's going to happen.. Their away form in the league has been patchy for a top side..

Uefa need to scrap the away goal rule.. Just get rid of it, it only suits negative sides who aim to avoid defeat and it completes destroys the idea of the game 'score more than the opposition'

Bayern are through.. With the away goal rule they'll get one over in Italy meaning Juve have to score 4.. It's not going to happen either.

Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern and Malaga to be in the semis.. Spanish domination along with the machine that is Bayern

That last goal is kind of irrelevant given that a low scoring draw will take Barca through.. PSG need to win in Barca and I seriously doubt that's going to happen.. Their away form in the league has been patchy for a top side..

Uefa need to scrap the away goal rule.. Just get rid of it, it only suits negative sides who aim to avoid defeat and it completes destroys the idea of the game 'score more than the opposition'

Bayern are through.. With the away goal rule they'll get one over in Italy meaning Juve have to score 4.. It's not going to happen either.

Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern and Malaga to be in the semis.. Spanish domination along with the machine that is Bayern

Agree with this, I'd say the team that's scored the most in one game goes through, ie if one leg was 4-1 and other was 3-0, the team that won 4-1 would go through.

The object of the game, home or away, is about getting the white thing in the net.

Agree with this, I'd say the team that's scored the most in one game goes through, ie if one leg was 4-1 and other was 3-0, the team that won 4-1 would go through.

The object of the game, home or away, is about getting the white thing in the net.

I guess that could work.. Obviously without the away goal rule you could have the issue where the away side in the 2nd leg might feel like they have a disadvantage playing the extra 30 mins of the tie away from home.. But then again that can happen with away goals..

One of the most ridiculous scenarios this season was the Inter Milan vs Spurs extra time away goal rule.. Why the hell should a goal in extra time count for 2, meaning that Inter had to score 2 goals to go through.. Such a stupid rule..

I just get so annoyed watching teams tactically adjust just because of the away goal rule.. It completely ruined the last 30 mins of the Real Madrid vs Man Utd 1st leg as they were both too frightened of conceding again, it gave Man Utd no chance of getting back into the tie once Real Madrid scored their 2nd at OT, and it completely fecked up Arsenal after the first leg and meant Bayern fielded a weaker side in the 2nd leg knowing they'd qualified..

For strikers. Isn't the object for defenders/keeper to keep the white thing out of the net?!

Also just like to say a good win for Watford tonight.. A Hull win would have surely wrapped it up for Cardiff, and perhaps Hull too..

Got to say it's looking like it's going to be one of the lowest points records for automatic promotion this season..

I remember when Brum, S'Land and Derby went finished top 3 on 88, 86 and 84 points.. I highly doubt either Watford or Hull will make 84 points let alone higher.. Cardiff should get around 88 though..

As for the playoffs.. I've had the discussion with many suggestion Derby need at least 72 to make the playoffs.. I'm really not sure now.. It might be lower as Leicester and Brighton are hardly in vintage form.. It's been shocking that no-one seems to have taken advantage other than Forest..

This season in the NPC has got to be the wierdest in a longtime.. How often do you see the teams at the bottom pick up more points over the past 10 games of the season than the teams at the top.. When I said Middlesbrough could still finish in the bottom half in January when they were 5th I thought I was being far-fetched.. Now it's more than just a possibility

We are back to 10th on 54 points - but despite a serious sticky patch still only 7points from 6th place.

I think that the statement that anybody can beat anybody is more true than ever.

I said a while back 70points will get play offs.

I still think it will be the case

5 wins and a draw from the next 6 and we could be in with a shout. Forest need 2 wins and 2 draws or 3 wins

We are back to 10th on 54 points - but despite a serious sticky patch still only 7points from 6th place.

I think that the statement that anybody can beat anybody is more true than ever.

I said a while back 70points will get play offs.

I still think it will be the case

5 wins and a draw from the next 6 and we could be in with a shout. Forest need 2 wins and 2 draws or 3 wins

Think the Sheff Weds games will cost us.

Also just like to say a good win for Watford tonight.. A Hull win would have surely wrapped it up for Cardiff, and perhaps Hull too..

Got to say it's looking like it's going to be one of the lowest points records for automatic promotion this season..

I remember when Brum, S'Land and Derby went finished top 3 on 88, 86 and 84 points.. I highly doubt either Watford or Hull will make 84 points let alone higher.. Cardiff should get around 88 though..

As for the playoffs.. I've had the discussion with many suggestion Derby need at least 72 to make the playoffs.. I'm really not sure now.. It might be lower as Leicester and Brighton are hardly in vintage form.. It's been shocking that no-one seems to have taken advantage other than Forest..

This season in the NPC has got to be the wierdest in a longtime.. How often do you see the teams at the bottom pick up more points over the past 10 games of the season than the teams at the top.. When I said Middlesbrough could still finish in the bottom half in January when they were 5th I thought I was being far-fetched.. Now it's more than just a possibility

It's totally mental Bris.

Who could have guessed that the top 6 would look like this. Especially around Christmas when someone was telling us all how well Leicester have spent. How well prepared they were for when they went up. Nailed on for automatic they were.

I'm glad I'm not a betting man.

Its one of the lowest for automatic promotion but also one of the highest for relegation, all the teams in the current bottom three would have avoided relegation last season with there current tallies. (Last season = 36,40,40).

Galatasaray were shocking, Drogba looked past it, Sneijder was only there to pick up his wages, the defence? Well they wasn't the standard you'd expect from a Quarter Final Champions League side.

See Beckham was given 3 by a French paper, was he that bad? Didn't see the game?

He did no worse than any other PSG midfield player. In fact in the first half he was pretty good - never misplaced a pass. In the second, he got booked and that was about it.

Archived