April Games

Scott129

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Itv ruling Barca out.

Wouldn't jump the gun. Anything could happen in that game.

The Champions League has been amazing this year. So many quality teams gone head to head and trying to score. I was worried Chelsea might have set an example last year. Phew.

So unlucky for Real Madrid but Dortmund wasted 3 excellent chances in the 2nd half..

Over the 180 mins the only difference between the sides was Dortmund being more prolific..

Had Ramos played CB in the first game Real Madrid would have gone through.. The guy is a beast of a CB and one of the best I've ever seen.. He was completely wasted out at RB in the first leg.

All ifs and buts and if Barca can get to within 2 goals with 70mins left they'll throw the kitchen sink at Bayern.. No way is the gap between the 4 sides as big as the scorelines suggested..

I think the commentators also forget how big of an advantage it is for counter attacking sides to have the home leg first.. Dortmund and Bayern are set up to counter, you should check their records when falling behind.. It's not that impressive. Also they've had massive refereeing decisions gone their way.. Malaga should have been in semi-final instead of Dortmund anyway.

So unlucky for Real Madrid but Dortmund wasted 3 excellent chances in the 2nd half..

Over the 180 mins the only difference between the sides was Dortmund being more prolific..

Had Ramos played CB in the first game Real Madrid would have gone through.. The guy is a beast of a CB and one of the best I've ever seen.. He was completely wasted out at RB in the first leg.

All ifs and buts and if Barca can get to within 2 goals with 70mins left they'll throw the kitchen sink at Bayern.. No way is the gap between the 4 sides as big as the scorelines suggested..

I think the commentators also forget how big of an advantage it is for counter attacking sides to have the home leg first.. Dortmund and Bayern are set up to counter, you should check their records when falling behind.. It's not that impressive. Also they've had massive refereeing decisions gone their way.. Malaga should have been in semi-final instead of Dortmund anyway.

Scoreline prediction based on your commentary?

Barca to beat Bayern tomorrow 5-0 it is then  :huh:

5-0, 0-5, 3-2, 1-4...... Would anything surprise you? We need an early Barca goal. An early Bayern goal will kill it. Early Barca goal and 3 more won't seem that impossible.

Defensively Barca have to be the weakest side of the 4? Lucky they don't often get tested much. Should of bought Thiago Silva!

Defensively Barca haven't recovered from the loss of Abidal..

The guy was the best LB in the world.. Amazing on the floor, fast, solid and brilliant in the air..

When he, Puyol, Pique, Busquets and Keita were around they didn't concede from set pieces.. They even posed a threat at the other end.. But replacing them with Jordi Alba, Bartra, Fabregas etc.. It was always going to be a problem..

Of the 11 Barca players, thye've got Dani Alves, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Sanchez, Fabregas, Bartra, Pedro who aren't going to be winning the headers from set pieces.. It's no wonder Barca are so vulnerable from them.. Only Pique and Busquets can win them.. They've missed a trick bigtime by not getting in another worldclass CB and a more combative fullback..

I think Barca need to reshape abit in the summer.. A taller CB, a more solid FB and a number 9 in the form of Eto'o would be their best option.. Even Ronaldo could play the number 9 for them and give them something completely new.. At the moment they're getting the ball outwide and no-one over 6 foot is waiting in the middle..

Prediction for tomorrow.. 2-1 Barca

Archived