I predicted top half at the beginning of the season

blackNwhites

Which better defender then?

I know you originally didn't say that but I'd say Wes Morgan is one of the better defenders at this level..

personally don't know. but i don't like wes morgan and i don't want us to sign a player who has played for both the gumps and fester

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you happy with our midfield?

I think we have solid competiton for CMs but our wide players are one of the poorest in the NPC.. I could name at least 15 better RWs than Coutts and 15 better LWs than any of the CMs that NC decides to put out there.

I'm alright with Ward playing LW, as long as we've got a natural born scorer up front with either Sammon or Martin, if we sign him.

I don't mind Coutts, cos he brings out the best in Brayford. Although it bothers me when he drifts too far infield instead of staying out wide to support Brayford or cover his position.

Our two CB's are not good enough to make a push up the league, not sure about Legzdins either, and we need that goal scorer.

Another player I'd like to see replaced is Bryson, again, popular with many but for me he's weak in all areas of his game. Doesn't score enough and is pretty light weight for defence. Not good enough a player to push for promotion.

We're not pushing for promotion!!! We never were! 

I'm alright with Ward playing LW, as long as we've got a natural born scorer up front with either Sammon or Martin, if we sign him.

I don't mind Coutts, cos he brings out the best in Brayford. Although it bothers me when he drifts too far infield instead of staying out wide to support Brayford or cover his position.

Our two CB's are not good enough to make a push up the league, not sure about Legzdins either, and we need that goal scorer.

Another player I'd like to see replaced is Bryson, again, popular with many but for me he's weak in all areas of his game. Not good enough a player to push for promotion.

Another player I'd like to see replaced is Bryson, again, popular with many but for me he's weak in all areas of his game. Doesn't score enough and is pretty light weight for defence. Not good enough a player to push for promotion.

He run's around a lot though, so his quality is clearly irrelevant

You honestly think that with a better striker and a better defender (let's say Billy Sharp and Wes Morgan) we'd be 15 points better off and in the playoffs?

..... And a bench worthy of the first team.

Plus Nigel to not be so stubborn. and to change things that don't work. Or at least try to change things that aren't working.

That is his plus side, he will give 100% to the cause. Great player to come off the bench really, fresh legs vrs the tired opposition whatever the score.

To be fair to Bryson your right. I was being a bit sarastic if I'm honest. Frustrated at our situ

let's see where we are at the end of the season...

if then a change of management is needed then so be it... still time left on this first though.

And then the pressure will be off. We'll all go off to our holidays and return optimistically next season with the same old, same old. We are always waiting for tomorrow. The problem is here and now.

We won't go down.

Truth is we lost this season and damaged momentum for next season by being 2-0 up in Sheffield and not winning. By not having enough firepower to beat Hull and losing to their only two chances, by not being deadly enough when on top v Bolton and then doing our usual terrible defending tricks and Bolton not being quite so wasteful. Same with Palace. Similar to Cardiff.

By not punishing Watford like they punished us. By allowing Wolves to play a drab 0-0 with us.

Not points taken from us. Points given away. We have been equal in all those games. Yet we,ve not taken what we should of. For whatever reason it's killed the momentum for next season. It's trodden on any lovely Play Off delusions we all were enjoying.

All the good bits forgotten because of stupid errors from Defenders who can only play what's right in front of them and a strike force that is unsettled through injury, inconsistent and pretty much lacks the actual 'striking'.

Completely agree. But the fans need to make themselves heard on this topic. We need major changes and whilst the board has a yes man manager and fans that won't protest, it will continue I'm afraid.

Contact Andy Appleby at aappleby@generalsports.com & let him know how you feel, he does a great line in fairytales though so beware unless your into Tolkien, JK Rowling etc you may be dissapointed with his responses... :D but its still probably worth telling him were you believe the club is at present...

The problem is definitely the players.. they're no where near good enough. They try hard, and that much I can appreciate but all in all, they are not good enough - some are young, some will improve and I can appreciate that, but them playing every week will certainly hurt us short term.

I predicted 18th at the start of the season, which is roughly where the quality of our squad lies... if we finish above that, I give me very under-whelmed slightly bemused well done. 

3 years go there were 8 members of my family who went, now its just me, I will never stop going to see my club but its heartbreaking seeing the atmosphere and life being slowly sucked out of the club. This is worse than when we were in the third division, at least then morale didn't suffer too long.

This is my experiance too,I wonder if this is the pattern nowadays.The bar in my local would be full of supporters from

6ish to about 8o'clock,on match days,up to about a year ago.Now the same faces are there but with a crucial

difference.Nearly all of them don't attend matches anymore,most were season ticket holders.There are still a hard

core of 5or6,and even they are talking about 1 more season and if there is no change they will call it a day.

Archived