I predicted top half at the beginning of the season

blackNwhites

...and if we don't achieve that, I'd consider this season a failure and hugely disappointing.

You can't get away from it, the past month or so has been massively disappointing. Not helped by injuries of course and a natural born goal scorer. We've lacked that the whole season.

If we didn't have a spell like this every season, would some of you be so dramatic in your negativity towards Clough and the rest of the staff? 

I'm really gutted with our run of form, everything looked so sweet. Just as we get to near where we want to be, we fall away.

We've thrown away a lot of leads this season, we've had many a chance this season. No natural scorer.

Is all we need a natural born scorer and a decent defender?

Paolo Di Canio is not the answer.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and if we don't achieve that, I'd consider this season a failure and hugely disappointing.

You can't get away from it, the past month or so has been massively disappointing. Not helped by injuries of course and a natural born goal scorer. We've lacked that the whole season.

If we didn't have a spell like this every season, would some of you be so dramatic in your negativity towards Clough and the rest of the staff? 

I'm really gutted with our run of form, everything looked so sweet. Just as we get to near where we want to be, we fall away.

We've thrown away a lot of leads this season, we've had many a chance this season. No natural scorer.

Neither is Clough, I was patient with him at first, sorry but four years is too long to see nothing change for me.

We need a change. Some exitement in the club. We can predict what's going to happen. Nigel will come out in a minute and praise us. He can do that because he knows thier is no pressure on his job. Owners need to show more abition.

I predicted that because of us overachieving last season any position around 14th/15th regardless of how well we've played this season would be regarded as a failure by the fans

I wouldn't be too bothered, because in reality we're not playing bad like we were last season, but it's easy to say that all we need is a decent defender and striker but that's all any club needs.. I genuinely have no faith in NC being able to get in a decent player at both ends, or being able to motivate them to succeed..

Sammon and Keogh are worse than S.Davies and Shackell.. That's the disappointing part. NC is praised for bringing in all these quality players etc.. but the only quality players for this level (bar Brayford and perhaps Ward) in our squad have come through the academy..

Under NC I feel we'll never get promoted.. Never...

When we've had our whole squad together, without injuries, majority of the time we've looked pretty decent with the odd poor game here and there.

The fact 4 of our key players are out injured at the same time is obvious. There's a massive lack of experience in our squad, which we need up front and at the back.

I don't like Keogh as a defender or as a captain, Bucko, as much as we love him isn't the most mobile, but he gives us 100% every game. Keogh, he's like a baby deer to me and far to immature for a captain.

If Clough had himself a goal scorer and a solid defender, he'd have us in the top 6 I'm sure. So I'm prepared to wait, not that I'm not disappointed with how this season is turning out. But with those at his disposal, and more experience, we'd be singing a different tune.

We need a change. Some exitement in the club. We can predict what's going to happen. Nigel will come out in a minute and praise us. He can do that because he knows thier is no pressure on his job. Owners need to show more abition.

He sounds absolutely gutted to me.

Correct! My concern is that we are losing fans we will never get back! 

3 years go there were 8 members of my family who went, now its just me, I will never stop going to see my club but its heartbreaking seeing the atmosphere and life being slowly sucked out of the club. This is worse than when we were in the third division, at least then morale didn't suffer too long.

3 years go there were 8 members of my family who went, now its just me, I will never stop going to see my club but its heartbreaking seeing the atmosphere and life being slowly sucked out of the club. This is worse than when we were in the third division, at least then morale didn't suffer too long.

Completely agree. But the fans need to make themselves heard on this topic. We need major changes and whilst the board has a yes man manager and fans that won't protest, it will continue I'm afraid.

When we've had our whole squad together, without injuries, majority of the time we've looked pretty decent with the odd poor game here and there.

The fact 4 of our key players are out injured at the same time is obvious. There's a massive lack of experience in our squad, which we need up front and at the back.

I don't like Keogh as a defender or as a captain, Bucko, as much as we love him isn't the most mobile, but he gives us 100% every game. Keogh, he's like a baby deer to me and far to immature for a captain.

If Clough had himself a goal scorer and a solid defender, he'd have us in the top 6 I'm sure. So I'm prepared to wait, not that I'm not disappointed with how this season is turning out. But with those at his disposal, and more experience, we'd be singing a different tune.

You honestly think that with a better striker and a better defender (let's say Billy Sharp and Wes Morgan) we'd be 15 points better off and in the playoffs?

Our problems go deeper, I don't appreciate people who call us wrist slashers, we have structural problems with the way the club is run, it seems Clough is happy to be a pushover and just accept anything the board says, can anyone imagine him asking for extra funds?

You honestly think that with a better striker and a better defender (let's say Billy Sharp and Wes Morgan) we'd be 15 points better off and in the playoffs?

I actually think we need 2 new CB's, I don't like Keogh. Many will disagree with me but I just don't rate him. 

We'd also need a fully fit, every game in a season Jamie Ward available. Along with a natural born striker.

More importantly, we need none injury prone experienced players in our club.

I predicted that because of us overachieving last season any position around 14th/15th regardless of how well we've played this season would be regarded as a failure by the fans

I wouldn't be too bothered, because in reality we're not playing bad like we were last season, but it's easy to say that all we need is a decent defender and striker but that's all any club needs.. I genuinely have no faith in NC being able to get in a decent player at both ends, or being able to motivate them to succeed..

Sammon and Keogh are worse than S.Davies and Shackell.. That's the disappointing part. NC is praised for bringing in all these quality players etc.. but the only quality players for this level (bar Brayford and perhaps Ward) in our squad have come through the academy..

Under NC I feel we'll never get promoted.. Never...

Stop talking sense, Bris. It is very annoying for the people who think that Jake Buxton is a "great signing".

I actually think we need 2 new CB's, I don't like Keogh. Many will disagree with me but I just don't rate him. 

We'd also need a fully fit, every game in a season Jamie Ward available. Along with a natural born striker.

Are you happy with our midfield?

I think we have solid competiton for CMs but our wide players are one of the poorest in the NPC.. I could name at least 15 better RWs than Coutts and 15 better LWs than any of the CMs that NC decides to put out there.

I think your missing the point. The problem isn't the players it's the Manager! 

Are you happy with our midfield?

I think we have solid competiton for CMs but our wide players are one of the poorest in the NPC.. I could name at least 15 better RWs than Coutts and 15 better LWs than any of the CMs that NC decides to put out there.

Archived