Rangers want to play in England

uttoxram75

Sounds like the Rangers chairman means business.........

Charles Green has claimed stopping Scottish heavyweights Rangers playing in England is a breach of European law.

"I would be delighted to be the chief executive of Rangers that took them into the English league," said Green, chief executive of the controversial Glasgow club that's starting again in Scotland's third division after financial meltdown.

"We are going to pursue it. We've sought legal advice.

"I've had enough indications that Scottish football don't like us and don't want Rangers, so I look at other options.

"I have taken legal counsel, because let's be clear: it is a breach of European competition law to deny Scottish clubs, not just Rangers, the right to play in England.

"That is against European law.

"I don't believe that the authorities would stand back and try to ignore that position."

Green added on talkSPORT: "You just try and explain to me why a Welsh club can play in the English league but a Scottish club can't.".

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'd probably still expect to play in the Scottish Cup and what about the backdoor to Europe that they enjoyed before being clobbered down the divisions?

I think they would have to start in the Blue Square Premier or thereabouts and take their chances along with any other incumbent.

Apres nous le deluge!

(Open the floodgates!)

Well if they joined we all know Celtic would also. 2 nice trips up to Glasgow, what more would we want. To be honest I think when they eventually got established in the prem they would make it stronger. They are both massive clubs, both racist but have massive followings

They cant go straight into the football league though can they?

you used to have to be elected to it, now you have to earn the right to be part of it (and stay part of it)

they would surely have to be non league initially - any other restructuring would need a vote wouldn't it.

So, most people would say start from division 20 and work your way up etc..

But, is there a way for them to start from higher up? If there is, I'm sure they'd pursue it.

Easy, they can just do a MK Dons. Buy out Pompey and hey presto, already in the 3rd tier.....

Easy, they can just do a MK Dons. Buy out Pompey and hey presto, already in the 3rd tier.....

in sure that's what's prompted the statement ) Pompey expelled then there's a spare spot in the league.

surely after the outcry about Wimbledon they wouldn't let it happen again?

I've always had this crazy idea that all clubs should play in their own countries and players should play for their own national team, not where their hairdresser is from.

Send Swansea and Cardiff back to Wales and show him where to stick his European Law.

I've always had this crazy idea that all clubs should play in their own countries and players should play for their own national team, not where their hairdresser is from.

Send Swansea and Cardiff back to Wales and show him where to stick his European Law.

Bravo Fuhrer.

in sure that's what's prompted the statement ) Pompey expelled then there's a spare spot in the league.

surely after the outcry about Wimbledon they wouldn't let it happen again?

I don't think the FA can stop it, whatever they try will probably be overturned in the courts.

The Bosman ruling and transfer windows messed up European football and the domestic and international football authorities were powerless to prevent it.

I don't think the FA can stop it, whatever they try will probably be overturned in the courts.

The Bosman ruling and transfer windows messed up European football and the domestic and international football authorities were powerless to prevent it.

they may not be able to stop them competing in English leagues but it will be up to the league which division they play in

Archived