Sam Rush and Flagman trying too hard?

you-rams

Ticket prices are way too high. Lower them and you'll get more fans. Why haven't the club come up with a scheme whereby the more season tickets sold the cheaper they become. Presumably that'd help encourage more fans?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigger crowds, better team.

That's the only thing that will improve the atmosphere.

Sam Rush said on the radio that Derby already have among the lowest tickets in the league and there has to be a balance on prices/revenue to pay players, so I can't see him lowering prices across the board.

However, getting rid of the ridiculous dynamic pricing system, which penalises anyone who decides in the last day or so that they can and want to go to a game, would be a start. 

A lot of people saying what we shouldn't do and not offering anything we should do and doing something about it.

We need more people to step up to the plate and help Nick in what he is trying to do.

Nothing will happen moaning on a fookin forum.

A lot of people saying what we shouldn't do and not offering anything we should do and doing something about it.

We need more people to step up to the plate and help Nick in what he is trying to do.

Nothing will happen moaning on a fookin forum.

Yeah spot on, I'm going to start a new thread.

Ticket prices are way too high. Lower them and you'll get more fans. Why haven't the club come up with a scheme whereby the more season tickets sold the cheaper they become. Presumably that'd help encourage more fans?

oh yeah, we all buy tickets so you can buy the last one cheap.

Jog forth

Unless you mean like on bid tv on the shopping Channel, everyone pays the lowest price.

It won't happen though.

I disagree about having something to cheer about.

For me.

Being Derby County should be enough to cheer about.

Some great comments on this thread and we all seem to have similar views on the subject.

Got a tweet yesterday that another 22 have moved over to South Stand Block D. Looked at the sales for Block E a couple of days ago and they were going very well.

I will at some point drop all these suggestions down and present to the club.

Nick

how many does block E hold, and how many have been sold Nick?

You said they were going nicely, so I assume you know the figures. Or are you not allowed to say?

Having had long experience of the BBG and PP I have sympathy with Alpha and Gritstone's views and also those of Nick.

The BBG wasn't always loud and fun. It was, certainly, on the big nights, European and otherwise, but I can also recall seasons when it was full and quiet as a churchyard. I can clearly recall, once only, sitting in the B stand with my dad and listening in amazement to the constant moaning from elderly fans. Much like today except then they were moaning about Hector, Mackay and co. I can also remember loud music that drowned out thought.

I can also recall lots of noise at PP, as someone has said when the bald eagle's team was doing well, for example.

The conclusion? The atmosphere now has happened before at both BBG and PP; moaning has always happened at Derby and lots of other places, including the likes of Liverpool, Sunderland and other 'well supported' teams; our noise levels will naturally rise when we play consistently more fluent but winning football, and also attract more floating fans. I think that will happen in the next year or so.

In the meantime Nick, and the club, are to be congratulated and supported in their efforts to do something different and better. Good luck to them and I hope it makes a difference. I won't move from the East stand but I will still shout. Encouragement.

Like Alpha, I don't like the way football has gone and is going. But I am not the fan of the future. I have probably got 25 more years of going. My son - who went to the BBG on a number of occasions - only really knows PP. For him the history is important but PP is home. He has 75 more years of watching or of being tempted to do something else. He is the future, not me. Sky's millions are all he has really known. The football world is different. Not better in my view, just different. I'm just glad I lived through my era. I'm also glad that I support a club that tries new things (like different pricing systems), that tries to listen to fans and fan groups like Nick's and wants genuinely, I think, to be part of the community.

The fact we can now never win the country's first division title or play in Europe in a meaningful way or win anything other than a cup, if we are very lucky, is football and sport's loss, is down to the weakness and fecklessness of English football administrators and is reflected in some of the comments on these pages.

There is nothing wrong with Pride Park.

Its the fans, the team... the division... 

It's a vicious circle... The team isn't very good, even for the division - we're no where near a promotion push (a proper one) and we're being managed to well to be a team facing relegation (where the quality of our team roughly lies) The division itself is a dead division, there are a lot of big clubs down here - but when is the last time you went to a ground and thought wow, this is a great occasions, good atmosphere, lots of noise? This season especially, both Derby games with quiet have been at a level which you should expect for a pre-season friendly, piss poor. The fans, no matter how much you can spout about being a big club and having loyal supporters, we're a middle of the road club - cheap tickets meant we used to attract big(ger) numbers to our home games and our 'die hard' core is relatively small, our away attendance is similar to that of peterborough for example... but like tonight, we thought we was going to get nothing, the most of us have little or no belief in the team and that stops people from wanting to go.

Improve the team, you'll improve the atmosphere... that's the truth of it. 

Think as others are saying a lot of this lies with the team and how they're performing. Building a team full of young players a lot of which are for our own academy is great but we all know a few quality additions are needed and only time will tell whether we will get them.

I think the south stand will make a difference putting our noisiest supporters together next to the away fans can only improve things and hopefully it will have an effect on the rest of the team.

Frustrations are starting to bubble over and I think this summer will be really important. Another season similar to this with no real progression would have a lot of fans asking for changes at some level.

We've spent the last decade in this division with largely uninspiring teams. Although this one is one of the better ones and isn't full of borrowed players unfortunately people are at the end of their patience. How can people not expect this to effect the fans?

If money isn't available to strengthen properly in the summer selling Hughes may be the best option. The Hughes money is this group of owners best chance get out of this division if they can't finance a push themselves.

There is nothing wrong with Pride Park.

Its the fans, the team... the division... 

It's a vicious circle... The team isn't very good, even for the division - we're no where near a promotion push (a proper one) and we're being managed to well to be a team facing relegation (where the quality of our team roughly lies) The division itself is a dead division, there are a lot of big clubs down here - but when is the last time you went to a ground and thought wow, this is a great occasions, good atmosphere, lots of noise? This season especially, both Derby games with quiet have been at a level which you should expect for a pre-season friendly, piss poor. The fans, no matter how much you can spout about being a big club and having loyal supporters, we're a middle of the road club - cheap tickets meant we used to attract big(ger) numbers to our home games and our 'die hard' core is relatively small, our away attendance is similar to that of peterborough for example... but like tonight, we thought we was going to get nothing, the most of us have little or no belief in the team and that stops people from wanting to go.

Improve the team, you'll improve the atmosphere... that's the truth of it. 

Agree with most of that except "we thought we was going to get nothing". Based on our last few performances I honestly couldn't see us getting outplayed at Cardiff. Losing yes, to a poor goal or missing chances, but we can easily match any team in this division.

There's a lot of luck in football and our young side has not had much recently, but our overall performances are ok. We could easily go on a 3 game winning run without playing any better.

Its a fanny old game............

Archived